Thread: the walking dead on dvd.

United States

the walking dead on dvd.

Does any one know if their going to be putting it on dvd and if so, when.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Last edited by bassman; 01-Jan-2011 at 12:15 AM. Reason: .

United States
    thanks, i hope it's soon, i seen only like 2 or 3 of them i did catch the first one tho. so that's lucky. lol the last one i seen was where they went back to get that guy they had handcuffed on top of the building.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The entire series will replay January 18th & 19th, if you want to catch it.

http://www.zombiezonenews.com/archiv...run-dates-set/

Undisclosed
    Thanks for the heads-up Bass! That should alleviate some of my withdrawal symptoms for a few days.
    You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    The entire series will replay January 18th & 19th, if you want to catch it.

http://www.zombiezonenews.com/archiv...run-dates-set/
    Yeah bass thnx. Either way the blu ray is a day one buy.

Now I'll have another great piece of zombiedom besides day in order to introduce newbies to the genre.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Yeah bass thnx. Either way the blu ray is a day one buy.
    After the depressing news that there are no new special features....I may not get it at all. I might just stick with my DVR recordings and hold out in hope of a future special edition before season two starts.
    Last edited by bassman; 06-Jan-2011 at 02:27 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    After the depressing news that there are no new special features....I may not get it at all. I might just stick with my DVR recordings and hold out in hope of a future special edition before season two starts.
    Wouldn't it be cool if for the second release they have like an extra episode on the disc bridging season one and season two?

It's sorta lke the RE films did between the 2nd and 3rd installments.

I had it on my dvr as well but I'm also a sports nut so those games take up most of the hard drive space.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Sod all new stuff for the DVD?BR?!

That's a fucking cheek quite frankly. After it did so well in the ratings too ... I'm really quite surprised at no new features. It doesn't even come out for another two/three months! In the vernacular of teh intarwebtubes "I am disappoint".

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Sod all new stuff for the DVD?BR?!

That's a fucking cheek quite frankly. After it did so well in the ratings too ... I'm really quite surprised at no new features. It doesn't even come out for another two/three months! In the vernacular of teh intarwebtubes "I am disappoint".
    And it wouldn't even take much either.

Just throw in some behind the scenes stuff, bloopers and some comparison with the source material or something.

That's doesn't sound like too much does it?

But bare bones? Bad show guys.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    But bare bones? Bad show guys.
    It's not necessarily "bare bones", they just didn't create anything new for the dvd release. The only Behind the Scenes videos are the same ones that've been available online since the show aired. I posted the press release in the other dvd thread.
    Last edited by bassman; 06-Jan-2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: .

England
    Some of you people are "extras whores"...you really are.

I just want the series, anything else is a bonus (Hell, the ability to pre-order the bastard from Amazon UK would do me at this point...they need to get their finger out).
    Last edited by Legion2213; 06-Jan-2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: ...---...
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye, the internet videos, but of course that's bonus-bonus in any other circle. I'm really surprised they've done sod all for the DVD/BR - especially after how much of a success it was. I'm really surprised - and disappointed.

So with that news, the box set had better not be expensive. Six episodes and just some internet videos we've already seen? That had better not be pricey, I can tell you.