Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead to return in July paired with Breaking Bad?

England

The Walking Dead to return in July paired with Breaking Bad?

My god. That would be beautiful. It's only an actor saying it, but hey, news is slow around these parts at this time of the year.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...g-bad-no-less/
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Interesting indeed. I'm only just now catching up with AMC's rerun of the entire Breaking Bad series, so I would be thrilled to have the new season around the same time as TWD.

October still seems like the obvious choice to me, but fingers crossed for July. As long as they're not rushing it...

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Interesting indeed. I'm only just now catching up with AMC's rerun of the entire Breaking Bad series, so I would be thrilled to have the new season around the same time as TWD.

October still seems like the obvious choice to me, but fingers crossed for July. As long as they're not rushing it...
    Funnily enough, Im rewatching BB as well. Superb series
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    July eh???? Man that is still 7 months away. =O(
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    As much as I love TWD, I think they should wait to kick off the new season on Halloween and do another 2-hour season opener like the first season. I think it's a great idea beginning the season off on Halloween every year. It seems like a perfect combination to me.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i will most likely give this another chance. i didn't care for anything of the first season after the first 2 eps. i don't watch tv much at all (easily less than an hour a day) and this show reminded me of why.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    As much as I love TWD, I think they should wait to kick off the new season on Halloween and do another 2-hour season opener like the first season. I think it's a great idea beginning the season off on Halloween every year. It seems like a perfect combination to me.

j.p.
    yeah, honestly a horror series is really going to get its best pull of its target audience around that time of year. its like the friday death schedule on fox, its just a day or two change in schedule but it can kill off any interest for the audience because they arent in the mood for that content at that time.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Yep, TV... complex, and stupid, all at once... remarkable, really...
    As for July... I dunno, I feel October is just more... zombie-y... y'know? Plus it's right around my birthday, so it's like getting an extra present!

Undisclosed
    LOL... Time of year or time of night means nothing to me, I'm in it for the long haul.
    You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.

United States
    Of course, you all do realize that if AMC doesn't air the 13 episode season 2 of The Walking Dead until Halloween, the season will run straight thru Christmas and New Years? Things get busy then, and I'm not very "zombie minded" at that time of year.

I say start it in September and have the "Halloween episode" a 90 minute deal, or an episode where big things are going on. That way, its all wrapped up by the holidays (no pun intended).

Another option is to start it during the summer, so it ends at Halloween. Personally, I don't want to wait a year for season 2. That is a loooong wait.

Undisclosed
    No way this happens. Breaking Bad is the greatest (maybe 2nd now) series ever - i'm a huge fan. For this to happen would dictate that one of the two shows slips to 9:00 which means tighter censorship. AMC would never neuter either show that way. The only AMC show to air at 9:00 was Rubicon. It was a great series IMO but had no violence. Even Mad Men airs at 10:00. Won't happen.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    Another option is to start it during the summer, so it ends at Halloween. Personally, I don't want to wait a year for season 2. That is a loooong wait.
    Agreed July is way too long to let what it at the moment a very hot property cool off.

Yes october is a Perfect time to release content such as this but it's just too far away and most of the casual viewers who don't belong to a zombie dedicated website might not even care anymore. If that happens be sure that the 5 million plus viewers that the show averaged will drop sharply, imo.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    All I care about is a quality season. I don't care how long it takes as long as it's done it right and fixes the problems with season 1.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

Yes october is a Perfect time to release content such as this but it's just too far away and most of the casual viewers who don't belong to a zombie dedicated website might not even care anymore. If that happens be sure that the 5 million plus viewers that the show averaged will drop sharply, imo.

I've never understood this line of reasoning. I'm not saying you're wrong, Los, but I just don't get this argument.

If someone enjoys a show and enjoys watching it are they just going to say when it returns: "No, I'm pissed that it took too long to come back on so in revenge I'm not going to watch it anymore?" That just doesn't really make sense to me. Granted, there are only like 5 shows that I keep up with ("TWD", of course, "Supernatural", "Big Love", "Sons of Anarchy", "The Office", and that's about it) but it wouldn't matter how long it has been since a season ended and a new one begins for me to get back into enjoying the show again.

Keep a show's writing intelligent, give it decent advertising, and mix that with word of mouth and I don't see any issue with "TWD" returning again during Halloween.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Dying

United States
    Am I mistaken, or shouldn't they be taking advantage of snow and filming in snowy locations for the second half of season 2? Coulda sworn I remember excessive snow in the first 20 or so comics.