Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bicycle zombie homage to ROTLD?

United States
    I didn't feel like it was an hommage so much as I think it was created to show you some of the character behind the lead character of Rick. While most everyone has read the comic books and is well aware of his character its a bit harder to convey that message on the screen and initially they need to come up with ways to really engage the audience with who he is. Him coming across the torso was at first terrified and later it meant something to him to put it out of its supposed misery. In that sense to me it makes an hommage because he can sense the misery of these 'geeks' and in ROTLD they went and asked the torso why do you eat the brains... the answer being to stop the pain of death. Whether it was or wasn't I thought it was well done.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Being Attacked

United States
    exactly my point! I agree that it was used to show Rick's compassion for the zombies, and the subtle nod back to the ghoul from ROTLD that explained how it "hurts to be dead" just added another layer of empathy if even subconsciously for anyone who had seen it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mpokera View Post
    exactly my point! I agree that it was used to show Rick's compassion for the zombies, and the subtle nod back to the ghoul from ROTLD that explained how it "hurts to be dead" just added another layer of empathy if even subconsciously for anyone who had seen it.
    You know, that does make a sort of sense....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If that's the reasoning as to why it's a tribute to ROTLD, you could also say it's a tribute to the baseball zombie in Dawn or Bub. They both had very sympathetic moments...

I admit that the zombie does look kinda similar, but beyond that is just a stretch.
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Jan-2011 at 04:40 PM. Reason: .

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    As always, bass is right. Excuse me, Mr. Serling. Excuse me again, bass.
    Here's a thought, would such a zombie (the sympathetic moment type) have been a good addition to 'Night'? Thoughts?

Being Attacked

United States
    wasnt meaning that it was a "tribute" or homage or nod or anything because it was a "sympathetic moment". What I meant was that it was a nod back to the zombie in ROTLD which looked quite similar. Thus possibly adding even more sympathy for this zombie because of remembering that one, either consciously or subconsciously.

Hows that for a convoluted sentence?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mpokera View Post
    wasnt meaning that it was a "tribute" or homage or nod or anything because it was a "sympathetic moment". What I meant was that it was a nod back to the zombie in ROTLD which looked quite similar. Thus possibly adding even more sympathy for this zombie because of remembering that one, either consciously or subconsciously.

Hows that for a convoluted sentence?
    That was what I was agreeing with. Whether intended or uninteded, if you felt any sympathy for the dead girl in ROTLD, an echo of that may remain for the bicycle girl. Again, that may have been totally unintended by Kirkman, et al.