Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises (film)

Super Moderator

UK
    Here's some info on the UK Blu-Ray release:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9603

Special Features:

"THE BATMOBILE" DOCUMENTARY: Witness all five Batmobiles together for the first time in history. Dive deep into every aspect of the most awe-inspiring weapon in Batman's arsenal as you journey through the birth and evolution of this technological marvel and cultural icon.

ENDING THE KNIGHT: A comprehensive look into how Director Christopher Nolan and his production team made "The Dark Knight Rises" the epic conclusion to the Dark Knight legend.

Production
    The Prologue: High-Altitude Hijacking
    Return to the Batcave
    Beneath Gotham
    The Bat
    Batman vs Bane
    Armory Accepted
    Gameday Destruction
    Demolishing a City Street
    The Pit
    The Chant
    The War on Wall Street
    Race to the Reactor

Characters
    The Journey of Bruce Wayne
    Gotham's Reckoning
    A Girls Gotta Eat

Reflections
    Shadows & Light in Large Format
    The End of A Legend

Trailers
    Art Galleries
    UltraViolet: Instantly stream and download films to compatible devices

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Warner Brothers officially announced the blu ray release. There will also be a "gift set" of all three movies for this holiday season, however.....they also note that an ultimate edition trilogy set will be released in 2013...

Also available December 4, just in time for holiday gift-giving, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will release “The Dark Knight Trilogy Limited Edition Giftset,” featuring “Batman Begins,” “The Dark Knight” and “The Dark Knight Rises” all in one collection. Available on Blu-ray or standard definition DVD, “The Dark Knight Trilogy Limited Edition Giftset” will also include a premium book exclusive to the collection, which takes fans deeper into the epic franchise, as well as existing special features. Warner Bros. Home Entertainment also plans to release “The Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Collector’s Edition” in 2013.
    Last edited by bassman; 01-Oct-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Honestly, all I need is all 3 movies with as many commentary track options, Nolan interviews and making of featurettes as possible, and I'm good. Should be fun!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Just rewatched it tonight on the cheap screen. Ehhhhhhhhhhhh...
    This time I didn't fall asleep, nor was I in a crabby mood like last time.
    Anyhoo, I guess I like it better than the first two. I kind of meant to watch the other two before but never got around to it. Might try to hit them this weekend. It was nice to not be elbow to elbow with a bunch of douchebags, we were mostly alone.
    I mentioned the vato from TWD who got the arrow in his ass being there, and my kid told me I'd said the same thing last time. I totally didn't remember anything that happened. All in all decent, with a long slow spot in the middle. Don't remember what I said originally about this movie, and I'm too lazy to search back. I will definitely say I liked it more this go round.

Being Attacked

Aaland
    its interesting to hear the star cast....waiting to see the storyline as it would tell the whole scenerio...batman rises

Undisclosed
    Finally watched it on the shit-cam. Long movie, but enjoyable movie. They did Bane right even without the Venom storyline. His accent and dialogue made me laugh a few times. I finally watched Captain America, Ironman 2, Thor, and The Avengers during the weekend, too. Liked them all.
    Last edited by slickwilly13; 29-Oct-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: ironman

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If for some reason you live under a rock and have yet to see TDKR, this is a warning that the following information regarding future batman films and Justice League has a spoiler regarding the ending of the flick....

Hitfix, which has been quite a reliable source for rumors in the past, is saying that Joseph Gordon Levitt(Officer "Robin" John Blake in TDKR) is almost a lock for the announced Justice League film.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-capture...justice-league

According to sources, Joseph Gordon-Levitt absolutely will be appearing in "Justice League" as the new Batman.

Now here's where things get interesting. The more insistent the drumbeat has become, the more poking around I've been doing, and it's looking like we may see Gordon-Levitt in the suit earlier than that. They're a long way from filming anything "Justice League" related, but they appear to be solidifying deals for Gordon-Levitt and, potentially, at least one other actor from the Nolan films to do… something.
    His reps have since denied it all, but that's usually common practice until an official announcement is made. I like Levitt as an actor, but I have a hard time seeing him actually fill the role as Batman. His final scene was only meant(in Nolan's vision) to represent the symbol of batman living on. Nolan has told the Batman story he wanted to tell and I believe him when he says he's done, but I suppose Warner Brothers could always sort of spin off from the ending of TDKR and branch it out into newer, more fantastical stories. That way Nolan's story is completed and WB gets to make a connection to his trilogy that made them billions and billions of dollars.

Zack Snyder has also recently commented that while Man of Steel is a self contained movie and he's not concerned with connections to Justice League, that we could see some traces or hints for future DC entries in his film....

United States
    Levitt was the bomb in Loopers. He looked and acted totally different. Maybe he can pull it off. I'm rooting for him.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Levitt was the bomb in Loopers. He looked and acted totally different. Maybe he can pull it off. I'm rooting for him.
    I like the kid a lot and think he's starting to develop some real chops. I'm open minded on it, but I hope he only gets involved if it's going to be quality, which is somewhat less likely if Nolan isn't involved.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I like Levitt as an actor, but I have a hard time seeing him actually fill the role as Batman.

this x 1,000.

the dude can act, but seriously, isn't he like under 5' 6"? and he still looks like a kid. while the rumor may be true, i just can't see it.

oh well, not a big DC fan anyways, probably won't see it. nolan's trilogy is about as perfect as the batman mythology gets for me, think i'll just leave it at that and ignore the rest.

Canada
    i just can't get over how stupid Banes voice is.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    i just can't get over how stupid Banes voice is.
    Seconded.. he sounds like someone trying to do a very weird sean connery impression.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I love Bane's voice. I've been doing it myself since July.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I love Bane's voice. I've been doing it myself since July.
    Ditto.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Seconded.. he sounds like someone trying to do a very weird sean connery impression.
    Saw Lawless last night. I was expecting him to sound just like that. Heard little remnants of it, but that was about it. Good movie, though.