Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises (film)

United States
    READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ds-role-176577

One of the guys from Social Network as, a young Al Ghul.
    Last edited by Doc; 11-Apr-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: .

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I had already seen this news, but you may wanna add spoiler warnings to that. This bit of info could potentially be a major spoiler and if it does turn out to be true, it could ruin the premise for lots of people. I doubt they wanted this to get out....

Anyway....it would certainly reinforce Gary Oldman's comment of Nolan bringing the trilogy "full circle". I just didn't expect him to directly reference Begins.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Is Tom Savini possibly working on this film? http://movies.yahoo.com/news/yahoo-c...k-knight-rises

Also, Joseph Gordon Levitt and Marion Cotillard were officially announced to be part of the cast. Levitt is a police officer, and Cotillard works at Waybe Enterprises. All new characters according to the press release...

Super Moderator

UK
    Savini eh? Interesting...

It would be cool to see him return to the FX world, although it's interesting how the guys for make-up effects these days are KNB - birthed from Savini's world.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As I mentioned earlier in the chat, the viral marketing for TDKR started this morning. After some clever detective work, fans uncovered the first image of Tom Hardy as Bane:

Looks like Bane enough to me. Kinda figured the spandex suit would be dropped in Nolan's world. Now we should receive a photo of Hathaway as Catwoman before long. I'm sure they want to release official stills before spy photos get out.

If you're a fan of Batman, I suggest you get in on the viral marketing. It was extremely fun for the last film and I'm sure this one will be no different. This started this morning when thedarkknightrises.com went live with a blacked out page and indian chanting. After working with it for a while, one fan discovered that if you opened the file in an audio editing program, the spectrum reveiled a twitter account. Then from there the twitter account revealed the location/source code of the pic. They did all kinds of things like this for the Joker in TDK, so i'm excited to see what they do with Bane and Catwoman.
    Last edited by bassman; 20-May-2011 at 03:51 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Waiting for the first "it sucks" comment.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hey Leo....want to be an extra?

A Warner Bros. Film requires extras to play as Victims and Perpetrators within a city besieged by crime and corruption. Take part in the urban action adventure ripping through the streets of Pittsburgh from July 28th through August 21st

When:
    Sat. June 11th: 9am – 1pm and 2pm – 5pm
    Sun. June 12th: 10am – 1pm and 2pm – 6pm
    Sat. June 18th: 9am – 1pm and 2pm – 5pm
    Sun. June 19th: 10am – 1pm and 2pm – 6pm

Where:
    The Omni Hotel
    530 William Penn Place
    Pittsburgh, PA 15219
    In the William Penn Ballroom (ground floor/downstairs) – Use the Oliver St. Entrance
    The film's production title is "Magnus Rex".

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Hey Leo....want to be an extra?

The film's production title is "Magnus Rex".
    I spent Saturday the 11th down at the Omni William Penn hotel and I was part of the first group to apply. So, who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky and get a call back. Either way I'm extremely excited that it's filming here in Pittsburgh!

United States

Administrator

England
    ^^ Cool!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's a nice teaser poster, but i'm surprised to see the "breaking down" logo theme again. I was hoping for something a bit different this time around.

Can't wait for the teaser. Hopefully it's released online before Harry Potter's release.

Is it just me....or is there a superman shield on the left side? Weird.
    Last edited by bassman; 12-Jul-2011 at 12:13 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

Is it just me....or is there a superman shield on the left side? Weird.
    I don't see it, but so much of the margins of the teaser poster blend it lulls my eyes into seeing just blurry. lumpy gray & black. I don't doubt it's a possibility, though.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A bootleg of the real teaser is out there...

Not very much new footage, but I still can't wait to see it in proper HD within the next few days.

-- -------- Post added 18-Jul-2011 at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was 13-Jul-2011 at 09:52 AM ----------

Official Teaser Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xas8KGekqQ
    Last edited by bassman; 18-Jul-2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: .

United States

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Conclusion?! No! It can't be! Need... Only good... Superhero-villains... Super-villains... Excluding Bane...