Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises (film)

United States
    This is a neat little thing that the city of Pittsburgh did to welcome in The Dark Knight Rises production.

On a side note, today featured another serious geek moment for me by getting to meet Christopher Nolan. I'll also be one of thousands to work as an extra for a scene to be shot at Heinz Field for the film. Fun times here in the 'Burgh.

http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/...k-knight-rises

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Congratulations! I'll be looking for you in the crowd scenes!!
    ...Not that I know what you look like...
    Huh.
    Have a muffin, anyway.
    *gives muffin* - Derpy Hooves

United States
    Very cool Leo. Very cool indeed.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Today I spent some time over at the Pitt & CMU campus watching a scene being shot for the film. It involved Bane speaking to a large group of people. There were Gotham City news vans there and the tumbler was there too(it was camo, not black). I saw Christian Bale there as well practicing some fighting moves with a lot of stunt men dressed as prisoners in orange jumpsuits.

I got lots of pics, but I'm a little hesitant to put them on the internet. Lots of Tom Hardy in his full Bane makeup shots and some shots of the tumbler.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Pics of the prisoners, tumbler, etc are already out there but no Bane. You would be the first. Pm, please.

United States
    Okay, what the hell. I didn't bother to edit the photo by zooming it in. But here is one of the pics of Tom Hardy as Bane. I got shots of him while filming and then shots of him out of the mask as well.

Last edited by thxleo; 30-Jul-2011 at 08:24 PM. Reason: n/a

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So can you describe his clothing? Looking at your picture it looks kinda like a dirty brown shirt, while it looks like a leather jacket of some sort in the teaser. I'm imagine it will change throughout the film, but I'm just curious as to what general direction they took it. It was obviously never going to be the wrestler-style spandex from the comics.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    So can you describe his clothing? Looking at your picture it looks kinda like a dirty brown shirt, while it looks like a leather jacket of some sort in the teaser. I'm imagine it will change throughout the film, but I'm just curious as to what general direction they took it. It was obviously never going to be the wrestler-style spandex from the comics.
    I couldn't begin to describe it accurately, but I'll give it a shot anyway. He's wearing a big coat because the scene is suppose to take place during the winter time in Gotham. The shirt, if you can call it that, underneath the coat looks like a "wife beater" mixed with a straight jacket or something along those lines. It's hard to describe. I have tons of pics, but I'm having issues with my photo editor so I could not edit the pic and zoom it in. On my camera I can zoom it in and you are able to get right up on his face. I have one photo where he is looking directly towards my general direction and that mask looks creepy as hell.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks for the updates, man! I bet it's great to watch the conclusion to this series being filmed in your city. I can't wait to see the results. One of the best trilogies ever....i'm calling it now.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Thanks for the updates, man! I bet it's great to watch the conclusion to this series being filmed in your city. I can't wait to see the results. One of the best trilogies ever....i'm calling it now.
    You are welcome, bassman. I was in total hog heaven, as they say, today watching the filming. I'm very excited to see this film here in Pittsburgh. I plan on going to watch them film in downtown a few times as well. Hopefully I can get some more pics! BTW, I heard from a friend of mine who stayed a little longer to watch the filming that Bane was driving the tumbler.

BTW, here's when I got to meet Christopher Nolan. This was a big time geek moment for me. LOL He was super cool.

Last edited by thxleo; 31-Jul-2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: n/a

United States
    I like the old lady behind him. She just KNOWS she's in the picture, but refuses to get the fuck out. Btw, how do you get into all this stuff? Do I need to move to Pittsburg?
    Geeeeeeeez...

Dying

United States
    This is going to sound like an odd question, thxleo, but when you were at the scene where he was talking to a large group of people, did you happen to hear if he was speaking with an accent? I was just curious if they were keeping his South American origin from the comics or not.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This 'news' is a few days old so you guys have probably seen it, but there are TONS of videos and pictures from the set Leo was at. Including some pictures involving a character spoiler that I won't show here. If you must know:

there are pictures of Marion Cotillard's "Miranda Tate" character in clothes that look very similar to the League of Shadows' clothing. She's also walking with the mercenaries as if they're protecting her. So....Talia Al Ghul?

Plus some footage of some tumblerS. Yeah....plural.
    Last edited by bassman; 03-Aug-2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchified View Post
    This is going to sound like an odd question, thxleo, but when you were at the scene where he was talking to a large group of people, did you happen to hear if he was speaking with an accent? I was just curious if they were keeping his South American origin from the comics or not.
    Great question and I wish I had answer, but I was not close enough to hear him speaking.

BTW, those pics that bassman is talking about are amazing. Seeing Batman and Bane fighting in broad daylight is incredible. That makes me wonder which fight happens first? The face off in the teaser trailer or this huge riot fight shot at CMU/Pitt?

Administrator

England
    Here's Catwoman...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan