Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises (film)

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Here's Catwoman...

I'm still not keen on the idea after Halle Berry's car crash of a spin-off movie, but if anyone can make it work, it's Nolan.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'm still not keen on the idea after Halle Berry's car crash of a spin-off movie
    IMHO, the character has yet to be portrayed on screen as a true adaptation from the comics. I would have said the same about Harvey Dent/Two Face before July 2008, but Nolan knocked that character out of the park.

As for picture of Catwoman......ehhhh....okay I guess. I'll reserve judgment until I see a bit more. She'll probably have more than one suit, anyway. Her initial suit and then probably one that Batman hooks her up with after they become "partners".

It's also funny that the first pictures of her are on the batpod. I've been reading a batman board the past few days and they were all foaming at the mouth over a rumor that Catwoman would be riding the batpod down the steps of Carnegie Melon. I guess that's why the studio put the picture out real quick rather than a spy photo being her reveal.

-- -------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Another look:

That's a stunt woman of course, but it looks better from that angle, imo.
    Last edited by bassman; 05-Aug-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    That's a stunt woman of course, but it looks better from that angle, imo.
    Why, yes. Yes, it does.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Catwoman... O.O
    *shakes head* NOW I want to see this movie!

England
    Mmmm tight leather suit and a lovely arse.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Hopefully they can CGI a bust onto her?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States

Heinz Field shooting

Just got back home from filming all day at Heinz Field. Got to see the field literally destroyed and got to film reaction scenes of us horrified and scared. But the best part was Bane's entrance onto the field after the destruction. I have no idea if they are going to alter Tom Hardy's voice in post production, because his Bane voice sounded nothing like I thought it would. He almost sounded like Yoda from ROTJ. "Gotham, take control...take control of your city."

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    The Dark Knight Rises, or Batman Gets a Chubby... I guess that photo explains the name of the film...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    I have no idea if they are going to alter Tom Hardy's voice in post production, because his Bane voice sounded nothing like I thought it would. He almost sounded like Yoda from ROTJ. "Gotham, take control...take control of your city."
    I've just seen videos of this. You're right....it's really strange. Not what I expected at all. Kinda sounds like an old man? I suppose it's better than the cliche "tough guy" voice, anyway.

I've also just seen video of catwoman smashing into an Imax camera with the batpod. Out of the few Imax cameras in the world, Nolan has now destroyed two.
    Last edited by bassman; 09-Aug-2011 at 03:59 PM. Reason: .

United States
    saw a video of that heinz field bit. that bane voice is almost laughable....not a big fan of catwoman's get-up, either.

gonna hold judgement till i see it, but not really liking what i've seen so far. will have to bury my head in the sand on this one (as much as one can in this day and age of the internet and early set pics, leaked scripts, etc) and just wait till next summer so as to get the full effect of the film.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I would just like to echo-

Wait, no, I can't, in good conscious. Conscience. I haven't seen any video yet of it, and intend to keep it that way. Interested in the film, of course. I wonder if Catwoman no. 3 is going to be better than no. 2. I certainly hope so. But we'll see.

United States
    Just wanted to share a few more photos I've taken over the last week to 10 days of the filming...

Last edited by thxleo; 10-Aug-2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: n/a

Dying

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    Just wanted to share a few more photos I've taken over the last week to 10 days of the filming...
    You're awesome.
    I dig this too.
    Players including Ward, who even had his own stunt double, Ben Roethlisberger and Troy Polamalu suited up for the Rogues team, with Bill Cowher as head coach and Kevin Colbert (Steelers' Director of Football Operations) as assistant coach.

While Cowher's appearance drew cheers from crowd, Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl, dusting off his college football skills, was booed as he sported the jersey of rival team The Rapid City Monuments. All of the players' jerseys were printed with their real last names and NFL numbers.

Ravenstahl punted to Ward, who returned the kick, but never quite made it into the end zone due to a large explosion. Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd type.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Batman's new ride?

Possibly the new batwing? I never thought Nolan would have one in his "realistic" approach, honestly.
    Last edited by bassman; 12-Aug-2011 at 04:39 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Some more photos I've taken while filming has taken place here in Pittsburgh...

The new flying vehicle

Chris Nolan talks with his DP, Wally Pfister

An elevated shot from a parking garage of a scene being shot with a couple of tumblers pursuing a large truck

Gary Oldman shooting an action scene