Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises (film)

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'm all batmanned out, to be honest. Zero interest in revisiting these films, right now. They're not bad, not at all, but they're not the kind of films you see more than once either.

Also, Bane sounds like Deckard Cain.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hardy has said the voice was actually based on Bart Gorman, a gypsy bare knuckle fighter. You can hear it in clips on youtube. It's similar, but Hardy must have put more of his own spin on it.

I've always loved what Hardy did with the voice, I just didn't like how it was amplified in post production. The typical choice would have been a growling "tough guy" voice and i'm very glad he stayed far from that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Movieline has just posted an interview with Nolan in which they ask him about the rumors of Joseph Gordon-Levitt playing the batman in Justice League...

"I can't talk about that," Nolan told the site with what they describe as a "Cheshire smile," "You know that."
    Of course that doesn't mean anything one way or the other, but it got me thinking. Perhaps Nolan not only signed on as writer and producer for Man of Steel, but also the "showrunner" of DC's entire movie line? That would certainly go a long way to explain why he's involved with Man of Steel, Blake living on to assume the batman mantle at the end of TDKR, the rumors of Nolan running DC's line, and now the rumors of Blake playing the batman in Justice League and future films? Snyder has also dropped vague hints that there could be some small connecting threads for JL in Man of Steel.

Hrmm....

Super Moderator

United States
    I like where your head is at, Bass! That would be beyond good news.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Administrator

England
    ^ As much as I wanted to hate that, I did LOL!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quite crass, some might say, but I absolutely laughed my arse off at that!

"Ass, mouth, vag" - I almost missed that, rewound, and gasped with laughter.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 19-Dec-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Christian Bale's screen test in Val Kilmer's Batman suit opposite Amy Adams as Rachel Dawes. From the upcoming Collector's Edition Trilogy set:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFK8kWf9hMM

Can't wait to dive into these new documentaries. Fingers still crossed for Nolan commentaries.
    Last edited by bassman; 22-Sep-2013 at 04:04 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Jeez, I'm not big into collected, multi-volume editions, but just for the extras alone I'd give this a look. Thankfully, I don't think I've picked up any singleton releases of these films yet.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany