Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises (film)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

The Dark Knight Rises (film)

Today Warner brothers made the official announcement regarding Chris Nolan's final film in his Batman trilogy.

Tom Hardy will play Bane, while Anne Hathaway will play Catwoman.

I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.”

In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.” Nolan will direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer. Nolan will also produce the film with his longtime producing partner, Emma Thomas, and Charles Roven. “The Dark Knight Rises” is slated for release on July 20, 2012. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
    Hardy i'm all for, but i'm not too sure about Hathaway. I'm friggin THRILLED they're bringing Bane to the big screen. This will show the masses how awesome the character is rather than the mute gorilla portrayed in Batman and Robin.

She's hot and I trust Nolan and all....but I just have a hard time seeing her as Selina Kyle...
    Last edited by bassman; 19-Jan-2011 at 07:16 PM. Reason: .

United States
    If it does do as much business as TDK, I will stand on a mountain top and scream "Bassman was right, I'm a moron!" but, if it doesn't... where do we go from here, dude?

Either way, this sounds interesting. I agree with you about Anne Hathaway. Not so sure about her in that particular role, but regardless, I'm sure I'll get suckered into watching this one too. Damn you Nolan!

He seems to have a good grasp on these films though, so perhaps we're in for another pleasant surprise. *fingers crossed*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    If it does do as much business as TDK, I will stand on a mountain top and scream "Bassman was right, I'm a moron!" but, if it doesn't... where do we go from here, dude?
    I'll say right now that I don't think this will make as much as TDK. It will do well, that's for sure, but without the inclusion of a widely known villain like The Joker(arguably the most recognizable villain of all time), I don't think it will be as successful. Catwoman might bring in the crowds similar to Joker, but i'm not sure. Especially after the abomination starring Halle Barry.

I'm anxious to see how much of this flick is filmed in IMAX. Hopefully more than TDK. If you didn't get a chance to see TDK in IMAX, i'm sure they'll re-release it prior to this new film and you should definitely check it out. It's amazing. Much more immersive than 3D. It also makes the blu ray look especially nice.

Aside from Catwoman, I also don't like the title. I'm sure it will tie into the story like the previous two(The Dark Knight redeems himself in the eyes of Gotham - duh), but it seems kinda anti-climactic in the grand scheme of things. I was hoping for The Batman. Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Batman.
    Last edited by bassman; 19-Jan-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Aside from Catwoman, I also don't like the title. I'm sure it will tie into the story like the previous two(The Dark Knight redeems himself in the eyes of Gotham - duh), but it seems kinda anti-climactic in the grand scheme of things. I was hoping for The Batman. Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Batman.
    I agree. The title is just flat out horrible. I keep hoping that it's just a production title and not the real title for the film. There are so many better ones that could have been considered..."Gotham's Caped Crusader" or "Gotham" or even just "Bruce Wayne" would have been better than "The Dark Knight rises"; it sounds like a video game title to me.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't care for the title, nor do I care for BANE being brought in. We don't need Bane... Catwoman sure, but I would have rather had Amy Adams over Anne Hathaway... Anne's is a great actress but this is a miscast. This is not going to do the business of The Dark Knight.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I don't care for the title, nor do I care for BANE being brought in. We don't need Bane...
    What makes you say we don't need him? Bane is an incredible character. I'm thrilled to see Nolan's version of him....

Quote Originally Posted by thxleo
    "Gotham's Caped Crusader" or "Gotham" or even just "Bruce Wayne" would have been better than "The Dark Knight rises"; it sounds like a video game title to me.
    I imagine they were pretty much forced to use "The Dark Knight" in the title after the enormous success of the second film. Even though its silly and underwhelming.

I once heard someone mention "Gotham Knight" which I thought was pretty good...
    Last edited by bassman; 19-Jan-2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: .

United States
    I'll say right now that I don't think this will make as much as TDK. It will do well, that's for sure, but without the inclusion of DEAD ACTOR like The Joker(arguably the most recognizable villain of all time), I don't think it will be as successful. Catwoman might bring in the crowds similar to Joker, but i'm not sure. Especially after the abomination starring Halle Barry.
    There, fixed that for ya.

I'm sorry, really, I am.. but I could not resist. (when in doubt, see my sig.. )

We'll see. I mean, I doubt it'll do a billion bucks worth of business anyway (for ovbious reasons I've already stated), but I don't doubt this movie is going to rake in some serious cash.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

United States

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I doubt it'll do a billion bucks worth of business anyway (for ovbious reasons I've already stated), but I don't doubt this movie is going to rake in some serious cash.
    Isn't there usually a bit of letdown by the third film in a comic book series, anyway? I don't know about economically, but by the 3rd film the premise is usually rung out, the audience a bit tired of it and the script phoned in. This is true for the 3rd Batman film, the 3rd Superman film, the 3rd Spiderman film and the 3rd X-men film, off the top of my head.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Sounds about right. Hopefully TDKR will break that curse. Speaking of....this will be the first director and actor to take on Batman in more than two films...

I have complete faith in Nolan. He hasn't made a bad film yet.

I imagine with this news being announced, we can also expect the announcement of the next Superman pretty soon.
    Last edited by bassman; 19-Jan-2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Isn't there usually a bit of letdown by the third film in a comic book series, anyway? I don't know about economically, but by the 3rd film the premise is usually rung out, the audience a bit tired of it and the script phoned in. This is true for the 3rd Batman film, the 3rd Superman film, the 3rd Spiderman film and the 3rd X-men film, off the top of my head.
    True, and I would not be surprised if it was the case with this one too. There may be exceptions to the rule, but I can't think of any off the top of my head (not that there's much left of it to begin with.. )

I still think it'll do good business, but not TDK numbers by a long shot.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    f*ck bane they should've got this guy to play the riddler.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    f*ck bane they should've got this guy to play the riddler.
    A comedian? We've seen how well that works out - not even close to what the character should be. Besides....I'm kinda glad we're not getting the riddler again. I wouldn't have minded if that were the way they were going with it, but it just wouldn't be different enough for this new series. I'm glad that Nolan and company have given other characters a chance that aren't in the general public's eye. Scarecrow, Ras Al Ghul, Zsasz, Joe Chill, Falcone, Maroni, and now Bane.

Nolan's Bane will show the world what the character really should be, not Shumacher's f*ck you to the fans....
    Last edited by bassman; 19-Jan-2011 at 10:56 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Well, I see the Anne Hathaway bashing has started, but clearly not as bad as I've heard the Heath Ledger bashing was.