Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Case of 12 Mint Dawn of the Dead SPI Games 1978

Being Attacked

United States

Case of 12 Mint Dawn of the Dead SPI Games 1978

This is a case of the original Dawn of the Dead games by SPI originally made in 1978. Games are all in original shrink and are in the original shipping box. If you are interested please send me an offer. I'm offering it here first before I go to resellers and/or Ebay.

WN

diane@shootagainpinball.com

Super Moderator

United States
    Whoah! I can only assume this would be way too rich for my blood right now.

That is very cool, though!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wowwwwww!

United States
    are you only selling them as a set or are you thinking of selling individual ones?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Number View Post
    If you are interested please send me an offer.
    OK! Marriage?

Seriously though! Do the right thing and send one to me PLEASE!!!!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Being Attacked

United States
    I'd prefer to sell them as a set since I think it's cool that a case has survived, but may resort to selling them one at a time if I don't get a reasonable offer for the case.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    That's amazing.

Where the hell did you come across this? A forgotten crate stuffed away at the back of a stockroom somewhere, a la Street Trash?

Looking at it from an economic point of view, collectors like to covet precious rarities. This usually means having some trinket enshrined in lucite or whatever But seriously, I think you'll get a lot more money selling individually than together. Selling them individually would get rid of any undertones of the sale being a "job lot" or a "bulk buy" where people will have the expectation of some kind of discount for taking them off your hands in a oner. Also, by showing a box full of eleven units, while it may surprise us, it also carries the psychological message to the buyer that the items aren't really very rare or precious at all; it devalues them individually. After all, it's not like they are a "set" where each item compliments the others.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 20-Jan-2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: .

Being Attacked

United States
    I'll have to do a little research and see what the going rate is for the games individually. I got it from someone that had held on to it many years acquired at the time of SPI's demise.

WN

ViP

United States
    Very cool, thank you for sharing such an amazing picture. Let us know if you decide to sell them individually, I would be interested for sure.

United States
    Pretty bad ass, depending on the individual sell. I might be interested. Don't blame you for wanting to sell the whole case.

Undisclosed
    I already have a sealed copy of the game, but it's still cool to see a box full of them!
    "Add the Calgon!"

United States
    I'd be willing to buy one if the price is right. I understand wanting to sell them as a group but I have no need for 12 identical games. PM if you want to sell me one!
    Last edited by Mr.G; 22-Jan-2011 at 02:46 AM. Reason: ######

Being Attacked

United States
    I'm seriously considering breaking up the case. My feeling is that it's more than likely that whoever I sold it to would do just that anyways. So, looking around the net I could find none for sale and none sold on Ebay in the last 30 days. On boardgamegeek.com I found a standing offer from Toad and Troll for $85 for nice complete copies (not mint) and their site list none for sale, but a price of $150. Again, that's not for a mint in the shrink copy. So the question is, what's a reasonable price for these?

WN

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    If nowhere else is selling them, why not just try to sell 'em for silly money? $250 probably sounds like waay too much even for a mint copy, but if you're the only guy selling them, it's not like you have a lot of price competition! If someone wants it and you're the only guy selling...
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 22-Jan-2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    If nowhere else is selling them, why not just try to sell 'em for silly money? $250 probably sounds like waay too much even for a mint copy, but if you're the only guy selling them, it's not like you have a lot of price competition! If someone wants it and you're the only guy selling...
    Will you stop giving her ideas

I'll give you $10 for the lot