Thread: Star Wars: The Old Republic (MMO)

United States

Star Wars: The Old Republic (MMO)

http://www.swtor.com/

It is suppose to play like Knights of the Old Republic I & II but with an MMO twist.

Once it drops, I'll be on the servers playing as a Sith Warrior then specialize to a Sith Marauder.

Anyone want to start forming a guild or something?

A buddy of mine got me into this but he is dead nuts set on being a Jedi so he's pretty much dead nuts set as my nemesis now after our parting of ways for this game. (We're really still friends, I just plan on kicking his ass across the universe after him getting pissed at me for not considered being a Jedi at all.)

The Bad guys always have better options. Which is why I'd 9 times out of 10 I would buy Cobra commandos over G.I. Joes because they always have better weapons.

For whatever reason on video games, I'm always neutral or a completely evil bastard. Hardly ever do I choose the good side. The good side is always so boring.
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 21-Jan-2011 at 04:09 AM. Reason: ...

United States
    No worries! You'll convert to the good side when your friend confronts you and you have a fight to the near death. Then you'll die peacefully embracing the good side, only to come back as a ghost and spend eternity thinking, "Geez, now I'm a puss."
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

United States
    For the record, Vader started out one of the good guys but the Sith do tend to screw each other over.

Super Moderator

United States
    I've been itching to get into a new MMO, but don't know if I will have an acceptably new PC by the time this launches.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I'll probably have to up my graphics card and possibly reformat my hard-drive. I dunno yet.

United States
    So is anyone else playing this besides me? It's pretty awesome.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

United States
    I'm not playing yet, still considering if I should pick it up over the next week.

What do you like most about the gameplay, if you don't mind my asking, Clang?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    It's similar to WOW in its engine. But being a Bioware game, it is all story based. It doesn't feel like there are any throw away quests because you really feel a part of things. It's by far the best MMORPG I've ever played. The PVP is a bit hectic, but definitely doable, and even the PVP feels like a quest, in that ieach scenario has a story element to it. The crafting is pretty awesome, because you can send your henchmen off to make things or gather materials. Oh and because you have a henchman, or many rather, its pretty easy to solo all the basic quests. It's just awesome. Loving it.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    It's similar to WOW in its engine. But being a Bioware game, it is all story based. It doesn't feel like there are any throw away quests because you really feel a part of things. It's by far the best MMORPG I've ever played. The PVP is a bit hectic, but definitely doable, and even the PVP feels like a quest, in that ieach scenario has a story element to it. The crafting is pretty awesome, because you can send your henchmen off to make things or gather materials. Oh and because you have a henchman, or many rather, its pretty easy to solo all the basic quests. It's just awesome. Loving it.
    Just downloaded it last night and let it patch Any server or game play recommendations, Clang?

UK
    This game has all but rendered me an ineffectual member of the human race... Once you start down the Star Wars: The Old Republic path, forever will it dominate your destiny...

United States
    I'm on Prophesy of Five. . .It's a PVP server, but thus far I have yet to be ganked. I'm playing Republic, against my will (my old wow guild voted me down), but if you join up. . .let me know. I'm also willing to start an alt if we have a HPOTD guild!!

-- -------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    This game has all but rendered me an ineffectual member of the human race... Once you start down the Star Wars: The Old Republic path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
    Indeed

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    I'm on Prophesy of Five. . .It's a PVP server, but thus far I have yet to be ganked. I'm playing Republic, against my will (my old wow guild voted me down), but if you join up. . .let me know. I'm also willing to start an alt if we have a HPOTD guild!![COLOR="Silver"]
    I'd re-roll for an hpotd guild, but I don't know if we'll get enough interest. Is Prophesy of Five RP-PVP, or just PVP? I need to start a light side toon, so I may take you up on that.

I do really like what little I've gotten to do in this game so far, still need to tweak my settings for solid frame rates, though and...learn more the super-basics.

United States
    Just PVP. . but its a pretty good server. . .Pubs are the underdogs for sure on this server tho. . if you join up gimme a shout. . .my toons are named Hidasalami and Reece