Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Production Photos From The Reckoning

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    See DJ.....I've been trying to tell you. Shamblers are what the people want.

You're in the minority now, b*tch. Death to Yawn04 and all the other posers!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I maybe the minority, but I pulled it off.

Honestly though, if you had reasons because of editing or bad angles thats understandable. If it was just people bitching about zombie lore, then tell them to go get f*cked.

I haven't seen the footage so i don't know what you were trying to exactly achieve but if it was the look like it was pulled off in DAWN 04 or 28 Days Later, then you need to use film and not MiniDV.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    See DJ.....I've been trying to tell you. Shamblers are what the people want.

Shamblers are what die hard Romero fans want. A true zombie fan will accept a zombies movement anyway he/she gets them. I am a true ZOMBIE fan.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 05-Jul-2006 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    Shamblers are what die hard Romero fans want. A true zombie fan will accept a zombies movement anyway he/she gets them. I am a true ZOMBIE fan.
    Oh yeah, I agree. It's just no good when there are hacks behind the camera that have no idea what horror is(Snyder, Gunn).

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It was DAWN 04 that inspried a few scenes in DEADLANDS. Otherwise it was mostly the genre as a whole... Without LOTD.

I started filming before I had even seen LOTD. So I could honestly say i don't use any of it as a reference. My running zombies came from ROTLD 1, I think the zombs in DAWN 04 are a bit too fast. However, the evolution of the zombie from Runner to shambler came from reading about Rigormortis.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It was DAWN 04 that inspried a few scenes in DEADLANDS. Otherwise it was mostly the genre as a whole... Without LOTD.

I started filming before I had even seen LOTD. So I could honestly say i don't use any of it as a reference. My running zombies came from ROTLD 1, I think the zombs in DAWN 04 are a bit too fast. However, the evolution of the zombie from Runner to shambler came from reading about Rigormortis.
    Rigormortis Shmigormortis......Runners suck. Shamblers rock. You know it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    Rigormortis Shmigormortis......Runners suck. Shamblers rock. You know it.
    I think the world would be overrun faster with runners than with shamblers. I say runners. They're scarier and run the 400 yd dash faster than an olypian on roids.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think the world would be overrun faster with runners than with shamblers. I say runners. They're scarier and run the 400 yd dash faster than an olypian on roids.
    That's the point. It's not the shamblers that take over. It's the humans that ALLOW the shamblers take over because of our nature.

We're f*ck ups and that's what we do. That's the real horror.....

Super Moderator

UK
    To me a zombie should move like a toddler who hasn't got control over their body (albeit with greater understanding of balance - because they've lived a life being used to walking soberly). A zombie is incapable of controlling their muscles and their limbs, so they're kinda like a stiff, drunk, crabby toddler ... that's my view.

I'm a shambler man myself, running zombies just don't make any kind of sense to me personally...

www.zombiesdontrun.com

Bassman ... EXACTLY what I say - it's the humans which fudge it all up, THAT is why shamblers are so scary. Also, you can let them sneak up on you and end up swarming you - THAT is when they get freaky scary, you suddenly find yourself swamped and you panic like crap ... lol, sounds just like I've actually witnessed such a situation, huh?
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 05-Jul-2006 at 06:37 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Still prefer the they can run at first theory and then slow down as decay and rigor mortis sets in.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    I prefer the "swift waddle when food gets close" theory myself.

Undisclosed
    Still prefer the they can run at first theory and then slow down as decay and rigor mortis sets in.
    Rigor Mortis sets in and then goes away after a while, actually.

I think.

Just been bitten Pistolero Films's Avatar

Undisclosed
    I haven't seen the footage so i don't know what you were trying to exactly achieve but if it was the look like it was pulled off in DAWN 04 or 28 Days Later, then you need to use film and not MiniDV.
    28 Days later was filmed using a Canon XL1, sony HQ MiniDV. The director speaks of this right on the DVD.

Zombie movies look best with zombies...and to me 28 Days Later was not a zombie movie.

I'm satisfied with the decision to axe the runners and am grateful for all the people who pointed me in the right direction.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Actually 28 Days later also employed the use of an 8mm camera. Used for all the scenes the infected were running, and high impact action scenes.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0289043/technical

When you export to film you can use many technics in the process to give that wild and crazy look like you seein DAWN 04 and 28 Days Later, partly it is the editor, but the final look is the film print itself.

So You know I am not trying to give you a hard time about it. I just want you to make sure you are not compromising your vision because some zombie fan hates running zombies. If you make a good film the zombie fans will accept it no matter what the zombies do.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 06-Jul-2006 at 01:02 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Just been bitten Pistolero Films's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Hey,

No problem. We just have to accept everyone's opinion and deal with it. I didn't want to compromise my film, and with the runners, my film was lacking. It may not be the same with other films, or with yours in particular, but in my opinion, my film didn't work with them.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah I do agree. It also depends on how your filming the movie. I am using a 2.35:1 Anamorphic mask so when the DP sets up shots he knows that I am a wide angle type person. Running zombies work for films with lots of wide shots.

Plus it comes down to preference. I prefer runners over shamblers.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!