Thread: New Zombie TV Show ("Awakening") Coming to CW?

United States

New Zombie TV Show ("Awakening") Coming to CW?

Just read this article on Shocktillyoudrop.com and had a great laugh:

More Zombies Coming to Television
    Source: Deadline
    January 28, 2011

In Awakening, from William Laurin and Glenn Davis, a zombie apocalypse serves as the backdrop for two sisters who go head-to-head.

That's the gist of the CW's potential new series. The network behind The Vampire Diaries and Supernatural just picked up the script and Deadline says Awakening could possibly be ordered up for a pilot, however, nothing is certain right now.

Interesting that the CW is now tackling zombies, especially in the wake of The Walking Dead's success. But will the network be so lenient on the zombie violence as AMC has?
    The CW has one good show and that's "Supernatural". And, technically -- it's not even CW's show but is a left-over from the WB they keep around because it's the only show on the network that gets any ratings whatsoever. I absolutely dig my "Supernatural" too. It's one of the four/five shows I actually keep up with weekly.

Of course, everything else on their network pretty much sucks and I would seriously doubt this would be any type of exception. Here's my take:

-- The "survivors" will all be model-worthy teenagers who suffer from acute teenage-melodrama bullshit only heightened by the zombie apocalypse.

-- One of the model-worthy teenager survivors will be bitten but somehow manage to keep some humanity with an overwhelming sense of hunger for human flesh (oh, the terror for his/her loving boyfriend/girlfriend here!).

-- These model-worthy teenagers will somehow survive in this zombie-infested world because they are 'special' in some fashion or way (insert witchcraft or some mumbo-jumbo along those lines) -- it will be a mystery not delved into until the 3rd season but hinted at always.

-- We'll be greeted with each new episode by a soundtrack by "up-and-coming" teenage-angst bands so we can better 'feel' the horror our characters must endure.

Anyway, I'm sure there is more to be added to this. Needless to say it should be a worthy accomplishment for the CW with their other LIKE TOTALLY BITCHIN' shows like "90210" and "Gossip Girl".

Sigh...

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I was just thinking the other day that we would soon be seeing more zombie television. It's a package deal, I suppose. One well received effort will always spawn multiple imitators. More often than not.....poor imitators.

Ireland
    deleted
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 30-Jan-2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason: .
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The script/concept was shelved right after purchase.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Has almost zero appeal to me, I would of course give it a watch if it ever saw the light of day just to check it out but honestly teen drama zombie nonsense and mystic and magic just not my cup of tea in a Zombie movie.

England
    "Buffy the zombie slayer"...
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Hmm... yeah... the end is nigh... yadda yadda

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    -- The "survivors" will all be model-worthy teenagers who suffer from acute teenage-melodrama bullshit only heightened by the zombie apocalypse.

-- One of the model-worthy teenager survivors will be bitten but somehow manage to keep some humanity with an overwhelming sense of hunger for human flesh (oh, the terror for his/her loving boyfriend/girlfriend here!).

-- These model-worthy teenagers will somehow survive in this zombie-infested world because they are 'special' in some fashion or way (insert witchcraft or some mumbo-jumbo along those lines) -- it will be a mystery not delved into until the 3rd season but hinted at always.

-- We'll be greeted with each new episode by a soundtrack by "up-and-coming" teenage-angst bands so we can better 'feel' the horror our characters must endure.
    Seems like they may hire you as a staff writer.

United States
    There's some more on this probable abortion from www.bloodydisgusting.com:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/23463

EXCLUSIVE
    TV Veteran Directs CW Zombie Pilot 'Awakening'
    Monday, February 14, 2011

By: MrDisgusting

"Walking Dead" watch out! Bloody Disgusting got the exclusive drop that David Von Ancken will helm the pilot episode of the CW's "Awakening", a new zombie series shooting this March in Toronto.

Bill Laurin and Glenn Davis' hourlong spec centers on two combative sisters who come of age amid the beginning of a zombie uprising. Word has it that the series follows thousands of zombies living "normal lives" among the living (also known as the "pre-dead"). The two worlds collide and cause war between the living and the dead.

Ancken has directed episodes of "Californication," "The Vampire Diaries," "Heroes," "The Shield," "OZ," and "Memphis Beat", along with the TV movie "Hell on Wheels". Quite impressive, no?
    "Walking Dead watch out" -- why? Is Darabont afraid he might get some of his leftovers on his clothing after upchucking in watching this? I don't have any faith in the CW, so I can just imagine how atrociously bad this is going to be.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever