Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Of Steel (film) - Directed by Zack Snyder

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Geez, some anal comicbook fans will complain about everything. The Amy Adams bashing has started! "OMGOSH! SHEZ TO OLD!"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Geez, some anal comicbook fans will complain about everything. The Amy Adams bashing has started! "OMGOSH! SHEZ TO OLD!"

That's not just comic book fans. That's the internet in general.

I've got no problem with her casting really, it's just kinda came out of left field. She's definitely a solid actress, so i'm game. It will be interesting to see if they dye her hair to a darker color or leave her as a redhead.

So far i'm actually pleased with the casting of this new film. I don't know much about the new Supes but Adams as Lois, Costner as Pa Kent, and Lane as Ma Kent are pretty good, imo. Now if we could just get some sort of conformation on the villain(s) and who will play him...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    That's not just comic book fans. That's the internet in general.
    Y'know, I'm tired of hearing people complain about the internet. I don't like it. I wish they'd stop.

See what I did there?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Dude, that gif is creepy. The wife has a friend that looks just like that girl. I'm talking Identical...

United States
    Dude, that gif is creepy. The wife has a friend that looks just like that girl. I'm talking Identical...
    Ssssh, leave my sig out of this. She's trying to figure out wtf I'm talking about.

Dying

United States
    It's most likely the same people that complained about Heath Ledger being cast as the Joker.

I don't have a problem with Amy Adams whatsoever, she's a great actress and will do the part well, but Olivia Wilde was up for the part as well and, to me, she just seems like a better fit as Lois Lane. It's not just the hair, either.

United States
    AH GOD! The bashing for Legder was worse 1000X! Even the complaining of Hathaway, Adams, and Cavill combined can't even the reach the level of negative, and xenophobic comments reached when Ledger was announced as, the Joker!

"What! that Gayz cowboyz!"

"THIS IS GONNA SUCK! THEY CASTED BROKEBACK JOKER!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Snyder said: "Let me just say one thing about Superman: he can't do anything that's not a visual effect. He can walk around and talk, but if he's going to do something physical, that's a visual effect, because he's Superman.
    "I think in the past people have tried to figure out how to do that with strings and putting cars on hydraulics and having him stand under it, but we're really trying to work on a way of doing this that really makes that feel real."

He added: "[We're] trying to understand the actual physics of what would have to happen for those things to happen. It just brings reality to that whole concept of picking up a car or whatever. That's gotta be completely based on reality."

Say wha??

Nolan....please pull this guy together. It seems like he has good intentions, but he still seems lost...
    Last edited by bassman; 03-Apr-2011 at 03:15 AM. Reason: .

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Honestly... I really don't care about actors anymore. I like characters. Reality can kiss my ass.

Dying

United States
    Say wha??

Nolan....please pull this guy together. It seems like he has good intentions, but he still seems lost...
    As much as I love to jump on the Trash Snyder bandwagon (and I do!), if I understand what he's saying correctly, I think that he's right.

One of the things that all the previous Superman movies haven't done well is giving the audience a sense of just how ridiculously strong Superman is, and how much force he does things with. The Richard Donner movies and the sequels that followed couldn't do this simply because the technology wasn't present to do so, and it wasn't done in Superman Returns because, well... Actually, I don't know why it wasn't. Maybe it took away from the voyeurism of staring through house walls to stalk the ex.

As much as I disliked the movie, Jumper had one thing going for it: the sense that the powers had an actual effect on the environment around the user. If Superman is picking up a car and flinging it at Brainiac, his fingers need to crush into the metal to allow him to pick it up and it needs to hit with an incredible impact. The Man of Steel just threw an automobile at you, that would leave a mark no matter who you are. If he smashes his fist into the street, the whole damn area street needs to be torn to shreds. Full-force punches should create freaking sonic booms.

I think that's what Snyder was trying to say, and I agree whole-heartedly.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Returns didn't have a sense of his strength? I disagree with that. He stopped a 747, flew with a car, lifted a sinking ship from the water, and launched an island the size of Texas into space. That's a pretty good show of strength, if you ask me. It could have used a villain to have the fight you mentioned, but it certainly wasn't lacking any display of his powers....

I just don't get what Snyder's saying about the physics of it all and how everything he does should be a visual effect. I don't want a superman that is some neanderthal destroying Metropolis in an endless fight sequence. I want to see that epic fight, but Superman needs to have internal conflict as well. Not ninety minutes of "Hulk smash".

Dying

United States
    Returns didn't have a sense of his strength? I disagree with that. He stopped a 747, flew with a car, lifted a sinking ship from the water, and launched an island the size of Texas into space. That's a pretty good show of strength, if you ask me. It could have used a villain to have the fight you mentioned, but it certainly wasn't lacking any display of his powers....

I just don't get what Snyder's saying about the physics of it all and how everything he does should be a visual effect. I don't want a superman that is some neanderthal destroying Metropolis in an endless fight sequence. I want to see that epic fight, but Superman needs to have internal conflict as well. Not ninety minutes of "Hulk smash".
    I'm not saying that it didn't display his power set. There just wasn't this sense of...I dunno how to describe it. Weight, maybe. The Incredible Hulk is a great example of how to do it. Every time the Hulk did anything requiring superhuman strength, the way it was handled made it actually feel like absolutely ridiculous strength of being used and the impact of whatever was happening could be felt. It was something as simple as how the action sequences were directed and it made a huge difference. Superman should be the same way when it comes to action sequences.

Here's why I don't think that Snyder is saying that literally everything should be a visual effect:

He can walk around and talk, but if he's going to do something physical, that's a visual effect, because he's Superman.
    It's this line that makes me think what he's really saying is that every time Superman uses one of his powers, it should be an event and affect things around him in a visual effect. Which is what I agree with, every time Superman does anything action-oriented, it should be major.

UK
    Superman needs to have internal conflict as well.
    Didn't Snyder just do that in Sucker Punch? ...Might be a good idea to leave the internal stuff alone on this one!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    Didn't Snyder just do that in Sucker Punch? ...Might be a good idea to leave the internal stuff alone on this one!
    He said SUPERMAN should have an internal conflict, not the audience, i.e they want to throw up.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchified View Post
    every time Superman does anything action-oriented, it should be major.

...Like in 'Superman Returns'...