Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Of Steel (film) - Directed by Zack Snyder

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchified View Post
    Fishburne is in it because nothing says "elderly white curmudgeon newspaper editor" like Lawrence Fisburne.
    I don't see why race is a problem? Sure, it would be odd if they made Superman black, but for a smaller character like Perry White I don't think it should be an issue. It's all about the acting and cast as a whole, anyway. Which, if I do say so myself, is shaping up to be one helluva cast!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    First look at Superman on set. There are definitely no red briefs. Also a look at villainess, Faora. Why is Zod mo-cap but Faora is wearing clothes?

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    From these pictures... Looks like it's going to be shit.

United States
    Booooooooo, he needs the red undies.
    It'd be funny if they made it more like a red thong.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    From these pictures... Looks like it's going to be shit.
    But they're just spy pictures? You mean you think the suit looks like sh*t? I think it's pretty cool with the exception of the snake skin texture. But the shield and cape look fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Booooooooo, he needs the red undies.
    They've also removed his undies in the upcoming reboot of the comic series. So at least it won't be that far off from the source. I would be okay with the undies, but I guess they look a bit sissy these days. Minor change. At least they widened the shield and cave him a cape that will actually move in the wind...
    Last edited by bassman; 25-Aug-2011 at 01:23 PM. Reason: .

England
    I would say it's going to be shit because it's Zack Snyder and therefor there will be lots of annoying slow mo, way too much CGI, a loud grating soundtrack, a poor script, a colour palette that makes the whole thing look like a video game and absolutely no soul. Apart from that, it should be good.
    BRUCE CAMPBELL IS GOD
    from a lover of Evil Dead, Zombies, Cult, Exploitation, B-Movies, Action and Comedy

My Movie Review blog - http://aftermoviediner.blogspot.com
    My AMD podcast can be found on iTunes if you search After Movie Diner and at http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/110745
    the podcast blog: http://amdpodcast.blogspot.com/
    or on Facebook under The Podcast from the After Movie Diner and follow me on twitter @aftermoviediner

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Chris Nolan helped write the script and is producing. There is hope.
    Last edited by bassman; 25-Aug-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AfterMovieDiner View Post
    I would say it's going to be shit because it's Zack Snyder and therefor there will be lots of annoying slow mo, way too much CGI, a loud grating soundtrack, a poor script, a colour palette that makes the whole thing look like a video game and absolutely no soul. Apart from that, it should be good.
    I thought Snyder did a fine job with both Dawn 04 and Watchmen, though he needs a good leash to keep him anchored on most projects.

Anyone read the script? I don't even know if it's been leaked, or what.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Anyone read the script? I don't even know if it's been leaked, or what.
    It's not out yet. I doubt that it ever will be. If Nolan is treating it like he does his Batman scripts, there are only a few copies, they're all kept locked away, and they're printed on red/black ink/paper so they can't be xeroxed. On the Begins special features he says that the Warner Brothers executives had to come to his house to read the script. They didn't even have a whole copy at the studios. Dude really likes to keeps his films a surprise.
    Last edited by bassman; 25-Aug-2011 at 04:08 PM. Reason: .

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Which is to his credit.
    But Zzznyder me no likey. And Dawn '04 is crap. And no, not just the costumes, bass. But yeah... them too. Boots look funny to me.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's different, but it works for me. I remember a lot of people were upset with the Superman Returns suit because it didn't look like it was made by Ma Kent. They're really not gonna like this. Of course maybe it will be explained in the film that Jor El sent the completed Kryptonian suit with baby Kal El? I dunno...

My favorite parts of the new look are the large shield and Cavill himself. Even though I like Superman Returns and the original series, Cavill seems to fit the suit and tough look of Superman better than Reeves or Routh ever did. He looks like he could really do some damage. My least favorite part is that the 'S' shielf is still missing from the cape. I dunno why, but I really want that thing back on the cape.

Still interested to know who's the guy in the mo-cap suit....

Super Moderator

United States
    I actually think the suit is the best live-action Supes outfit I recall seeing.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Gladiator-el?