Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3 (video game)

United States
    PC requirements released, hope your rigs are ready:

England
    Looks like its a forced upgrade for me in the next few months. This game will keep me going through the cold dark winter months, so I have to have it, best be doing a mobo & processor shop!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Think I'll piss through this one tbh...!

Xeon Quad 2.83ghz 12mb cache
    4gb Ram
    Geforce GTX590

However, ram might need a few extra sticks....I can max it out at 128gb so I don't think I've got many issues here. There's also room for another quad core....

My issue is going to be the lack of gamepad support for online mp - if it doesn't have gamepad only servers, I'm sticking to SP games....
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Think I'll piss through this one tbh...!

Xeon Quad 2.83ghz 12mb cache
    4gb Ram
    Geforce GTX590

However, ram might need a few extra sticks....I can max it out at 128gb so I don't think I've got many issues here. There's also room for another quad core....

My issue is going to be the lack of gamepad support for online mp - if it doesn't have gamepad only servers, I'm sticking to SP games....
    Bloody hell sounds like a £3k+ rig you have there dude! My rig was about the highest spec you could get 3/4 years ago, way behind now though!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    if I maxed it out it'd probably be about an 8k rig in the shops - but you know, spend a bit here and there and you can get a good deal on kit like this.

The PC itself cost me £800! Graphics card = £700....those the two biggest bits on there...I'd never go domestic PC again, server towers or high end video editing platforms for me!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    BF3 multiplayer alpha invites are being sent out, and a few videos have been showing up:

Official multiplayer gameplay:

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Fuck, those videos are amazing. I'm even more pumped now.

If you pre-order the game at Gamestop, you'll automatically receive the Back To Karkand expansion pack for free. It includes new/extra achievements, weapons/vehicles from BF2, and 4 [awesome] maps from BF2: Strike At Karkand, Gulf Of Oman, Sharqi Peninsula, and my personal favorite, Wake Island.

United States

England
    Jets were always awesome in Battlefield 2, they took some mastering, but once you got it you could rack up awesome scores, and everyone on the other team hated you! Only problem is you always get people who cant wait their turn for the jet, so they'd team kill you to get it first, used to piss me off no end!

Super Moderator

United States
    It looks incredible, as it has each time I've seen a clip.

Do you guys feel, or have you heard, if they are likely to stick to the late October release?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    It looks incredible, as it has each time I've seen a clip.

Do you guys feel, or have you heard, if they are likely to stick to the late October release?
    At this point the release date seems set in stone.

October 25 for North America
    October 27 for Australia
    October 28 for Europe

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    At this point the release date seems set in stone.

October 25 for North America
    October 27 for Australia
    October 28 for Europe
    Just figured I'd try and double check to reassure myself. This Fall will definitely make up for this Summer's paltry offerings.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Heck yeah.

COD should lose it's ass off this year. Battlefield has definately brung something new to the table this time along with an eariler release.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I am sooo excited for this game. Got it pre-ordered. Even though we've had Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for over a year now, and my buddies and I still play it multiple times a week. You know what the life span of the Call Of Duty games are for me/us? About 2 months. That says something. Battlefield 3 will have us playing for a couple years, probably.

This month's issue of Game Informer has a poll asking what game people are most excited about this year. Battlefield 3 got a vote of 10.8%, whereas MW3 received a vote of 6.5% (Skyrim had first place with 32%, but that's irrelevant). I'm really excited to see BF3's fanbase growing, however I'm very nervous we're going to see a lot of the little kids and immature dorks that play CoD migrate over into Battlefield, which would be awful.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    however I'm very nervous we're going to see a lot of the little kids and immature dorks that play CoD migrate over into Battlefield, which would be awful.
    Yeah, I don't expect most of them until after Christmas though....I would imagine PC doesn't gain too many of them types either.