Thread: Dead Genesis - Updates

Undisclosed

Dead Genesis - Updates

I figured I would post a couple news tid bits on DG to keep those who are interested updated on it's progress.

First Up here is a brand new review/interview to check out --> HERE!

And at this link (CLICK IT) you can read another interview I did for Bigdaddyhorrorreviews.com

Fangoria recently reviewed the movie and gave it a stellar & glowing review, but it has not been published yet, when it does get published, i'll post it. Right now DG is submitted to a good handful of festivals across the globe, so we're just crossing our fingers and hoping it gets accepted. The sales agents behind the flick are at EFM in Berlin right now handing out screeners and promotional material to potential buyers - So hopefully sometime in 2011 DG may hit the DVD/BLU RAY shelves.

The official DG website (www.deadgenesisthemovie.com) has been updated with some new stuff. Including most recently our new podcast which details all the behind the scenes hell that went into making the movie. Which you can subscribe to via the website.

AND - If you're interested in checking out some clips and more info on the Make up EFX of the movie, head on over to (http://www.indefxstudio.ca/) to check out the reel and stuff of our Make up fx guy Mitchell Stacey.

Super Moderator

UK
    Cool news on the DG front, I'm glad it's getting positive feedback and I wish the film - and all of you involved - the best of luck at the festivals and in concerns to potential buyers etc.

I'd rather like to have this on disc. That five minute clip you posted a while back was effin' insane.

Undisclosed
    QUICK UPDATE - Dead Genesis will finally be hitting DVD & VOD in 2011 - release dates and such coming soon, but it'll be available a couple different ways.
    Unfortunately right now, by the looks of it, this release will only be available in North America. No word yet on distribution in the foreign territories

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by livingdeadboy View Post
    QUICK UPDATE - Dead Genesis will finally be hitting DVD & VOD in 2011 - release dates and such coming soon, but it'll be available a couple different ways.
    Unfortunately right now, by the looks of it, this release will only be available in North America. No word yet on distribution in the foreign territories
    I'm glad things are moving forward with it.

In terms of the DVD, will that be sold via mainstream retailers?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    In terms of the DVD, will that be sold via mainstream retailers?
    In the states, probably not so much - You'll be able to get a barebones disc via. IndieFlix, and the movie will be available on NetFlix and hopefully a couple other platforms.
    The disc with all the special features will be distributed through a different company and will only be able to purchase exclusively online through a DVD on demand service.
    If your in Canada you'll probably be able to find it in a handful of a couple more mainstream stores.

Super Moderator

UK
    What's the current situation for folks across the pond?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    What's the current situation for folks across the pond?
    Undecided still sadly, that is still in the hands of our sales agent. A lot of it depends on how well the DVD does in North America.
    Somehow, one way or another it'll make it's way across the pond though!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by livingdeadboy View Post
    Undecided still sadly, that is still in the hands of our sales agent. A lot of it depends on how well the DVD does in North America.
    Somehow, one way or another it'll make it's way across the pond though!
    The flick slipped my mind until recently, but then I came across it online (and on Region 2 DVD) - so I bought myself a copy and gave it a review:

http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2013/...-2011-dvd.html