Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Action figures are on the way

Australia
    Ohhh I love these..... definitely getting the Kevin Bacon zombie..... and who wouldn't want Rick Grimes? Reowwww!
    zombies
    eat flesh.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Toys R Us stores will have an exclusive Black & White Rick Grimes figure.

The two comic zombie figures will also be available, but only through online distributors. All will be available next month(September).
    Last edited by bassman; 05-Aug-2011 at 07:46 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    And it's pretty sweet lookin' too. Love the textured look on the pants, definitely more of a likeness to the comic version (of course).

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Agreed, looks awesome!
    *Notices I'm making sense*
    Oh well, at least I used '*'.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Toys R Us stores will have an exclusive Black & White Rick Grimes figure.

The two comic zombie figures will also be available, but only through online distributors. All will be available next month(September).
    The pose looks a bit camp (his left arm/leg)!

Looks like he's in the middle of some sort of country and western hoedown!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Good thing it's an articulated figure, then

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The pose looks a bit camp (his left arm/leg)!

Looks like he's in the middle of some sort of country and western hoedown!
    Reminds me of:

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I just watched Toy Story 3 for the first time yesterday.
    The ending made me cry. Not something movies often do to me.
    But yeah, I would articulate the hell out of that pose.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    More detail and 360 degree views of the TV Show figures HERE.

I think i've just now noticed that Rick doesn't have his signature revolver.

Also, the packing for the comic book figures can be seen HERE.

Last edited by bassman; 16-Sep-2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Todd McFarlane discusses the figures, how each of them have specific movements, and how the actor's faces were scanned for the best possible sculpt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e4iwSknp4s

United States
    I purchased the comic version of Rick on my way back from Morgantown last week..honestly, the best part of the figure is the accessories. His big bag o' guns..the sculpt is alright, but the paint apps are TERRIBLE..there are lots of misplaced dollops of paint on the buttons of the coat, his face is rouged out like you wouldn't believe and his eyes are just..crazy..as for the articulation, yeah, it's there, but it's not usable..the figure was sculped as you've seen and it seems like they just threw the articulation at it just to be able to advertise it on the front of the card..very very underwhelmed. I almost got Michonne instead, but I just wanted the bag of guns in case a later one comes out..the guns themselves are nice overall, however they have ejection ports on both sides, and several misplaced paint cues again. The fake wood-grain is pulled off quite nice on my copy though..he comes with a pistol, looks like a 1911 or clone and his hatchet..I passed on the one with better eyes because the rouge on the cheeks was just sooo terrible.

However, I will say that the quality of plastic is just tops, the joints on the shoulders, elbows and legs have ratchets to aid in holding a pose. However, that left leg is just killing me..you can futz around with it a bit, but it never looks quite right, nor does the way he looks left..

I do plan on working on the arms a bit, around the shoulders and elbows, to try and extract a little more movement from the sculpt. In this day and age, you should be able to buy a figure with a great sculpt and great poseability, but it seems like Mcfarlane is just satisfied to coast along on past merits (especially with their Halo series, though that one too is going downhill fast).

I shouldn't have to drop 20.00 on this thing only to have to fix it's problems myself. I would have loved to have seen NECA get this line, with what they've done with the Assassins Creed and it's other videogame properties, they could have really knocked these things out of the park. As it is now, they're not big enough to pose with any other series like that, but they're just a little over the size of GI JOE and the Star Wars line.

I dunno..I honestly wouldn't be so hard on this line if I didn't want so much for it to succeed. But I have the feeling that Mcfarlane was able to lowball it, considering who he is and the relationship he has with Kirkman. It's a real shame, I hope the next batch come out better.

If anybody is interested, I can provide a few pictures of my guy.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by childofgilead View Post
    If anybody is interested, I can provide a few pictures of my guy.
    I would love to see those. I had planned on picking up Rick and Michonne from the comics(don't care for the walkers), but now I may just hold off to see how the TV series sets look. Thanks for the review.

England
    I love the fact that Nicotero's zombie is now an action figure.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I had wondered the same thing about the bicycle zombie.

They could release one Glenn figure and say it's from both the books and the show. The actor was identical...
    They will probably release a Glenn figure AFTER the character is "americanized" next season.

United States
    Alright, I REALLY hope these automatically resize..if not..sorry and I'll edit..by the way, sorry about the picture quality, alls I have at the moment is the camera on my Blackberry..

First up is a few showing his limited shoulder and elbow movement.

Next, his assortment of weapons. I'm currently missing the black, longer barreled shotgun. Close up, based on the location of the safety, they appear to be Mossbergs.

Now, just a few random ones, different poses and some silly stuff.

Last edited by childofgilead; 10-Nov-2011 at 01:49 AM. Reason: none
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los