Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V (video game)

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i was actually considering starting over and staying away from that particular hideout till i got the actual quest requiring me to go there, but with 40 hours already completed and my character/house/wife/skills already established, i'd have a very hard time re-doing everything for that one questline/achievement.

still debating on just saying "f*ck it" and starting from scratch, but we'll see.

very aggravating, for sure. perhaps i'll wait till the patch comes out next week and then see whether or not i feel like starting all over.

-- -------- Post added 27-Nov-2011 at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was 26-Nov-2011 at 01:35 AM ----------

like i was going on about in the shoutbox, i said fuck it, started over. kicking myself for buying this right away and not waiting for the first patch to come out.
    Sometimes it's good to be broke.

-- -------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

I've been foaming at the mouth for this game since it came out but since I'm taking a huge cut in pay and Christmas time is coming around I've stop buying a crap load of stuff that I normally do including chips, sodas, and BEER
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 27-Nov-2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: ...

United States
    1.2 Patch available for PS3 in Europe now, coming Wednesday for PC and 360, not sure about the PS3 in NA:

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/sky...-detailed/4095

• Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
    • Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
    • Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
    • Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
    • Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
    • Dragon corpses now clean up properly
    • Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
    • Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
    • Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
    • Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
    • Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
    • Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
    • ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
    • Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
    • General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)
    I'm only level 15, really gotta find time to sink into this behemoth of a game.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I personally haven't experienced many bugs with this title so far - only a few minor things not limited to collision detection and whatnot. A couple of times a character will walk past me whilst I'm in a convo and will start talking random shite over the useful NPC and things like that, still I look forward to the update.

I also really want to see a mod that removes the level cap and allows a player to continue levelling up past 50 and still adding perks.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    The only game breaking bug I've found so far is in a place called "Bonechill passage" where you have to go and kill a vampire, I get so far into the cave & the game just instantly quits to desktop every time, I've searched for the problem and a few people have had it, apparently running the game in windowed modeis the way to get round it just on that section, but rather than mess about with that I'll just go back to that quest later when its been patched, I've got more than enough other stuff to be doing in the game!

United States
    Famitsu, Japan's most well known gaming publication, has for the first time given a Western-developed game a 40/40:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453647

Famitsu's editors have awarded their latest perfect score. This time, an overseas game finally managed to cross the 39 barrier and received a perfect 40 as Famitsu's four person review crew each scored The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim a 10. The game sees PS3 and Xbox 360 release on the 8th.
    Well deserved for a truly great game. I thought Oblivion was crap, but Bethesda really made great improvements in every category for Skyrim.

Super Moderator

United States
    Guys, can someone explain to me if the Silverhand quest line is really broken if you haven't already cleared out the target dungeon/cave/camp in question?

I'm trying to avoid excess spoilage if possible.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Guys, can someone explain to me if the Silverhand quest line is really broken if you haven't already cleared out the target dungeon/cave/camp in question?

I'm trying to avoid excess spoilage if possible.
    what's the quest name?
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    what's the quest name?
    I'll have to look at it at home, the wiki doesn't list the part of the quest I'm on as part of the Companions quest line but there's no comparable listing falling between "The Silver Hand" quest and the next in the line "Blood's Honor". Weird that there's no mention of it in the associated articles.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I'll have to look at it at home, the wiki doesn't list the part of the quest I'm on as part of the Companions quest line but there's no comparable listing falling between "The Silver Hand" quest and the next in the line "Blood's Honor". Weird that there's no mention of it in the associated articles.
    Cool so I looked it up and will post my reply in spoiler tags just in case...

so the Blood's Honor quest seems to be the one where you need to collect the witches heads? - if so don't fret, I've done that one and have delivered the heads - the next quest you get is an assassination which I haven't done yet, but Blood's Honor, that's OK.

Super Moderator

United States
    Thanks so much for the info Symph! Will take it under advisement and plow further ahead...after I finish what I have on the docket (sooooo much to do in this game, I love it)!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Thanks so much for the info Symph! Will take it under advisement and plow further ahead...after I finish what I have on the docket (sooooo much to do in this game, I love it)!
    yeah I think I've done the companions quests - or at least the main ones...not sure now...the quests for the companions have taken a different spin since doing the one in the spoiler box! But yeah, definitely OK past that Silver Hand point...

Funnily enough the last companions thing I did with Aela the Huntress ended up taking me to a mine that I'd just cleared....got me worried for a sec but all the enemies (spiders) had respawned.

God I only get two hours a day and a few at the weekend since taking this new role, so I can never really get too involved with it. I need a good 12 hour slot....

England
    God I only get two hours a day and a few at the weekend since taking this new role, so I can never really get too involved with it. I need a good 12 hour slot....
    Yep this game is responsible for the dark circles currently residing under my eyes! I'm up at the crack of dawn and dont get home till 7 at night, so my gaming time is limited unless I stay up till daft times in the morning which I have been doing. I get a bit of time on a weekend but thats when my girlfriend starts wanting my full attention, I don't think she'd take too kindly to me spending more time with Lydia than her

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Same here. I'm off for the Holidays from the 16th and onwards. YEAAAAH!

Super Moderator

United States
    My wife is away starting from tomorrow till Sunday, so Thursday night, Friday night and all day Saturday will probably be spent in Skyrim.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    a thought occurs: Is Umbra in skyrim?