Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V (video game)

Undisclosed
    Best Buy had a buy 2 get one game free. So, I purchased Elder Scrolls 5 *360* , Zelda: Skyward Sword, and Mario Kart 7.

England
    Well I managed to get some steel plate armour last night, it looks boss! stolen from the corpse of a bandit leader I killed. I havent really bothered with the smithing too much so far so I'm having to rob the dead for good kit.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Well I managed to get some steel plate armour last night, it looks boss! stolen from the corpse of a bandit leader I killed. I havent really bothered with the smithing too much so far so I'm having to rob the dead for good kit.
    I just completed my Ebony armour set! Fucking hardcore - my companion now has an almost full set of stamina enhancing armour too.

I've been enchanting all over the place, and have come up with a pretty good naming convention for the armour too...indulge!

8th Mage Steel Armour = Armour with 8%/point Magicka increase
    24th Mage Steel Armout = Armour with 24%/point Magicka Increase
    24th Swordmaster Ebony Gauntlets = One handed increased by 24%/points

Weapons are simpler: Fireglass, Firesteel, Burning Skyforge, etc....

not very interesting but still fun

i've also got a mask that regens faster magicka by 100%, and a set of boots or gauntlets that does the same by 34%, plus an amulet that does it by 50% - so with all of them on magicka regens really really quickly - meaning my destruction is now in the late 70s as is my one handed.

-- -------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

In reality, I've totally reached the level cap for one handed. lol
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 05-Dec-2011 at 02:47 PM. Reason: sfsf
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I've got that mask as well. Morokei, right?

I got the Arch-Mage robes as well, that enhances it by 100% as well, as well as making all spells 15% cheaper to cast.

My amulet only does 9% faster Magika regen, tho... Gotta get better at enchanting.

BTW, can you enchant something with soul trap?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post

It can be done and it's not even a very difficult enchantment. I'm just trying to cap enchantment to be able to place that on my bow, as well as a 2nd enchantment. But I'm on my way!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I've yet to find a weapon with that enchantment so I can disenchant it. I want it on my dagger, damnit!

England
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    I just completed my Ebony armour set! Fucking hardcore - my companion now has an almost full set of stamina enhancing armour too.
    Yep I need to get something like that sorted, cant be having the lovely Lydia harmed

Oh god I'm one of those uber gaming geeks with a crush on a make believe game character, Skyrim what are you doing to me???

Super Moderator

United States
    Oh god I'm one of those uber gaming geeks with a crush on a make believe game character, Skyrim what are you doing to me???
    Planning your wedding yet, Tricky?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Planning your wedding yet, Tricky?
    The house is decorated ready, I just need the amulet that lets me! (refusing to cheat with console commands)

Super Moderator

United States
    The house is decorated ready, I just need the amulet that lets me! (refusing to cheat with console commands)
    I bumped into that amulet over the weekend, had no clue how marriage worked...speaking of, I hope I didn't sell that amulet by mistake

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Managed to get a good 4 hour streak into this game. I'm really enjoying this more and more. While not being hardcore or anything, there are a few rules I tend to follow just to make the "journey" a bit more interesting.
    - As a mage (necromancer), I try to avoid any and all forms of melee combat. I keep Lydia around as a tank and if I don't have a zombie following me, I summon an atronach. Good fun. Chain lightning can be really devestating sometimes.
    - I avoid the Map-fast travel system that was introduced in Morrowind and then kept for Fallout and New Vegas. The only reason being is that it just takes so much out of the journey. It's no real fun just clicking somewhere and BAM, you're there. Having that said, whenever I'm going from town to town I try to catch a carriage as often as possible.
    - Whenever I come upon a town or an inn and it's dark (more or less, past shops closing hours), I usually rent a bed and sleep. Gives me time to explore the countryside a bit more and meet more characters. Also, the Well rested trait is great.
    - I switch off quest markers as often as possible and I manage quite well. I often take a quick look on the minimap to see "That's where I'm going, Okay". Then I turn off the quest markers and steer my course in that general direction.

I'm currently on a quest that's taken me from Winterhold to Dawnstar to Solitude and Morthal. All on foot on my quest to find the three pieces of Mehrunes Razor AND the three pieces of the Amulet of Gauldur. Next stop is way over in Markath, where a nearby bandit has his hands on the next piece of the Razor.

Man this game is really a blast. I take my sweet time, tho but I'm loving it. I actually DID manage to enchant my dagger with soul trap, by the way.

England
    Its been a long time since I've got into a game as much as I have with this, and even now I've had it 3 weeks and spent a long time in it, the visuals havent lost their stunning appeal. I sat on the Jarls balcony at Dragonsreach one night in the game just staring up at the Aurora Borealis and the mist blowing around the peaks of the distant mountains, and the soundtrack playing in the background, I honestly dont think I've ever felt as awe struck by a game! I've put hours into this and I bet I havent even seen a quarter of the things it has to offer. I'm looking forward to the time off work over christmas so I can just kick back and play it undisturbed
    Last edited by Tricky; 05-Dec-2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: fguig

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I've got that mask as well. Morokei, right?

I got the Arch-Mage robes as well, that enhances it by 100% as well, as well as making all spells 15% cheaper to cast.

My amulet only does 9% faster Magika regen, tho... Gotta get better at enchanting.

That's the mask, I got the arch mage robes too - but I only wear it when I'm selling stuff.

Dunno bout you guys but in my house all my shit is arranged into the following containers:

Stuff to sell
    Stuff to enchant/disenchant/forge
    Ingredients
    Food
    Sellable potions and poisons
    useable potions and poisons
    weapons and armour
    jewels
    Ingots
    and finally
    quest items (consumable stuff like find 20 deathbells for XXX and 20 nirnroot for xxx)

So what I do, is go out adventuring, collect as much stuff as I can between myself and my companion - come back home, dump the quest consumables away, filling up the main containers with the new stuff

then I empty EVERYTHING i can into a spare container, and fill myself up with the stuff to sell container, pop out to whiterun and the other towns, and flog my shit - all the time keeping one good sword and my arch mage robes handy just in case
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 06-Dec-2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: a\wefdaefA|EfACEa
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    Where do you store all your stuff Symph? I own the house in Whiterun but it only has the one storage chest in there up in the main bedroom, can you get extra ones? I havent filled it yet but I'm not sure how much it holds...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Where do you store all your stuff Symph? I own the house in Whiterun but it only has the one storage chest in there up in the main bedroom, can you get extra ones? I havent filled it yet but I'm not sure how much it holds...
    Yeah my house is in Whiterun - I saved up my cash and bought the house and all available upgrades at the same time - you can buy the upgrades from the same dude you bought the house from...

When you've upgraded the house you get at least 8 storage containers I think, plus two bookcases and a weapon rack...