Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V (video game)

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I'm at least 100 hours in now. Been caning it all weekend. Finally I have my second home in Riften - Honeyside. Bought all the upgrades now I gotta move home!

With the civil war quest

I have overthrown Whiterun which is now under Stormcloak control

I'm currently trying to level up my Smithing ability. Really want to make dragon armour. I have about 65 dragon bones and scales sitting in Breezehome....

I'm finding trading quite a chore. Vendors only really have small amounts of cash considering what I want to offload. I have tons of weapons and armour which are all valuable - not to mention the potions.

My alchemy skill is really high too, well above 50 - what I tend to do is collect as many ingredients as I can find and just make every available potion. Just realised you can add different ingredients from different catagories to make a mixture of effects. After a couple of these sessions, where I raid the Arch mage's quarters for ingredients and purchase all available ingredients from every vendor in the realm, I have thousands worth of potions and poisons sitting in my Breezehome sidetable.

Some of these potions are worth upward of 400 septims each...this is a problem - I cannot even get close to selling all these worthless potions in one go - stuff like "fortify two-handed" and various poisons which I am never going to use...there's more value in my breezehome than I can actually account for.

When I go on selling sprees like I did yesterday, I invariably visit every town and every vendor I can find and usually they're only packing between 500 and 1043 septims each. I sell maybe 5 or 6 potions and they're out of money. Same with weapons.

My "disenchant/enchant" drawer is also very full. I'm shrinking this down only to include dragon bones and ebony armour sets which I am constantly upgrading. 2x superior Ebony swords are waiting to be enchanted - 42 damage points each with a further 40 points fire damage....yes please!

in my pocket I was packing over 29 thousand septims but after buying Honeyside and upgrades, this is much less - however, the accumilated value of everything I've collected so far will far outweigh this - it's just such a pain selling things.

It's gotten to the point where I don't collect jewels (I have hundreds of necklaces, rings, stones etc) or armour (unless ebony), or weapons, at all...I'm raiding places and just leaving stuff behind.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    I've found that the Khajjit traders that set up camp outside towns occasionally generally always have a bit of cash to spend, and they usually have one or two exotic items that I buy from them which then gives them more money to buy crap from from me.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I've found that the Khajjit traders that set up camp outside towns occasionally generally always have a bit of cash to spend, and they usually have one or two exotic items that I buy from them which then gives them more money to buy crap from from me.
    yeah I was part-exchanging all yesterday
    Trouble with that though, I usually end up cleaning someone out of the good stuff and returning with the same amount of cash, just slightly better items...feels like a waste that I don't make profit from it.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

United States
    I can sympathize with the vendor pains, Symph. I have two staffs I am currently looking to unload and each staff is well over the septim-limit most of these vendors seem to have lately and I haven't been buying much from vendors in recent sessions, so no desire to purchase up stuff just to be able to sell a staff.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Also getting irritated with the lack of vendor cash.
    I am now the proud owner of Proudspire Manor as i needed a bit more room for my collection of books.
    Had some truly epic battles with the dragons and boy does the Dragonrend shout help.
    Also coming across quest stalling bugs but nothing major yet.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    been taking a break from skyrim lately, just got too into and and needed to mix it up with other games before i ended up playing nothing but skyrim for 6 months straight like i did with fallout 3.

i will add my voice to those complaining about vendors not having enough $$$ to buy all my treasures and whatnot.

also have a shit-ton of stolen property that i can't sell, but i've been told that getting in with the thieves in riften will introduce you to a person who buys stolen goods.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    people.

>go to riften.
    >join thieves guild.
    >have fence with 4000 cash at the start you can raise as your speech progresses.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    LOVE this game thus far.

I attempted to pickpocket someone while they were sleeping. They woke up and alerted guards. I was immediately caught and decided to serve my jail sentence. A few days later, a group of thugs randomly attacked me. After defeating them, I discovered a piece of paper on one of them. The paper turned out to be a bounty for my head, paid for by the person I had tried to pickpocket. Awesome!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    The arch-mage paid someone to f*ck me up....!

You can avoid pick pocketing penalties when they're sleeping by moving to the other side of the bed and picking from their back...worked for me trying to get a key for Dragonsreach cellar place (whispering lady quest)

I sacrificied Lydia!!!!!! She's deader than shit now. Got some cool weapon for it. Supposed to betray someone I trusted to a Boethian God - the bitch annoyed me when I went to look in her inventory....

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    I sacrificied Lydia!!!!!! She's deader than shit now. Got some cool weapon for it. Supposed to betray someone I trusted to a Boethian God - the bitch annoyed me when I went to look in her inventory....
    But she was sworn to carry your burdens!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    I'm quite attached to my Lydia, I think if I come across that quest I'll likely leave her in Whiterun and pair up with some other companion to offer up as sacrifice, besides, she looks FIT in the steel plate armour I've currently got her wearing

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Yeah, Lydia is perfect for me considering I'm all mage and no strength. She can run in and take the hits so that I don't have too. I'll blast them with my lightning from afar or summon a frost atronach right next to them. That's a real nice trick, by the way. Whenever I enter a large room or dungeon I stay back, survey the area and then cast a frost atronach as far into the room as possible. He diverts everyone's attention.

EDIT: I just got Mehrunes' Razor. Haven't tried it yet, but I guess it's mostly as a souvenir. I did the Mage's Guild, but none of the other guilds (or the main quest) really fit an evil necromancer. I think my goal will be to complete all 16 Daedric quests. Once that's done, it's time to try something new (probably warrior).

Which sign is everyone? I found the Lord sign out close by Mehrunes' shrine. It gives extra damage and magic resistance. Pretty fitting for someone who doesn't wear armor. At least now that we can't make Shield potions anymore (like in Oblivion).
    Last edited by EvilNed; 23-Dec-2011 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Edit

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Which sign is everyone? I found the Lord sign out close by Mehrunes' shrine. It gives extra damage and magic resistance. Pretty fitting for someone who doesn't wear armor. At least now that we can't make Shield potions anymore (like in Oblivion).
    I was using the thief stone for quite sometime, but then decided I didn't want my skills to keep going up quite so fast. Now, I use steed for clearing dungeons of loot =)

Undisclosed
    I maxed out my smithing and unlocked dragon armor. I want to unlock Daedric Smithing next, because I have read the weapons are superb. My character is almost at level 38 and is now a werewolf.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I maxed out my smithing and unlocked dragon armor.
    I've maxed out armoring, myself and am thinking about unlocking dragon armor, is there a light armor variant or is at all heavy?