Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V (video game)

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I've maxed out armoring, myself and am thinking about unlocking dragon armor, is there a light armor variant or is at all heavy?
    You can build both types for light and heavy: helmets, armor, boots, gaulets, and shields. They look pretty cool, too.

United States
    This game is just..the business!
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by childofgilead View Post
    This game is just..the business!
    Heh, I couldn't agree more

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I've started writing down notes on a pad next to me, just so I won't get distracted. This is because I don't fast travel so it always takes awhile for me to get... Anywhere. Travelling from Morthal to Markath can take me an hour. So basicly, on this pad I write small simple instructions for myself so I don't wander off and waste time on doing stuff I shouldn't be.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    for a second i thought ned had turned into one of those sad bastards with the 'skyrim rp journals'.

explanation: On 4chans videogame board a bunch of people bought leather notebooks or something of the like, inks, quills and waaaaaaay too much monster energy drink and would roleplay keep a journal of their skyrim game.
    They kind of died off when everyone pointed out 1:you wont fit a fraction of the game in it, 2: you will be writing something down you will never do anything with other than hope your family never finds it rather than enjoying the game itself and 3: yes, you are another guy keeping a diary as the lusty argonian maid, good for you, nobody cares.

-- -------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

also:

http://actuallygee.blogspot.com/2011...in-statue.html
    Last edited by Danny; 27-Dec-2011 at 07:07 AM. Reason: khk

United States
    Pahahahaha..I really tried to get away with no fast travel, but I'm trying to cram as much of the game as I can before surgery on the 3rd.

There are a few things that irk me ny their absence, like fighting from horseback or calling your horse when it invariably runs off..but those are generally things that I only notice when they're not there.

Only bugs I've noticed so far are amusing rather than game breaking..in Whiterun a dude was walking with wood in his arms, an axe floated in front of him and a block of wood between his legs..I laughed for three straight minutes.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Super Moderator

United States
    That reminds me, I should invest in one of these companies doing clinical trials on 3rd generation diabetes medication.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm only a lvl 12 and some of these quests that are offered to me are WAY out of my league. For instance, attempting to free Thorald Gray-Mane from Northwatch Keep (Thalmor's) - As soon as I set foot in the place, I'm dead. Like literally 1 second after they start to attack me. I stumbled across another area, on my way to another quest, that contained invisible ice monsters that pretty much instantly killed me.

So, looks like I'll just have to stick to some petty quests for a bit.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    So... Stormcloaks or Imperials? I can't bring myself to take sides.

My initial sympathies lay with the Stormcloaks. I found the idea of being the underdog, fighting a huge totalitarian regime, to be exciting. However, the more I see of them, the less I like. They are, for the most part, belligerant racists, fighting not for freedom and humanitarian reasons, but out of jingoistic patriotism and "racial identity". For me, this makes them hard to sympathise with.

The Imperials have their plus points - they seem to genuinely want peace in Tamriel (albeit on their terms), their ultimate goals are essentially altruistic (although often misguided), and I have sort of a soft spot for them from the previous game - but when you boil it down, they are essentially just a bunch effete beaurocrats under the thumb of the snobbish and malevolent Thalamor, whom they resent but are too scared to defy.

To be honest, I think instead of fighting, the Stormcloaks and Imperials should be combining their efforts to wipe out the Thalamor. I love killing those bastards whenever I cross paths with them on country roads.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    So... Turncloaks or Imperials?
    Fixed

United States
    Very astute..almost makes you wish there was a third option, dunnit?

Yeah, that Grey-Mane quest is a bugger alright. I'm torn between paying for training to level up and just flat out fighting my way there. Anybody else feel like they hit a wall at level 10 and levelling up takes much more time?

-- -------- Post added 28-Dec-2011 at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was 27-Dec-2011 at 08:42 PM ----------

I took these this morning with my camera phone..I was multitasking, I had Jason and The Argonauts (1963) going on my laptop and took these with my camera phone..so fun!

http://youtu.be/66lTB8fnsz8

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    im up to lvl28 now on my nord rogue and theres a few things bugging me.
    Figured I'd follow up on this after getting around 120 hours into the game.

1: the archery is really broken compared to oblivions, i know i said it before but the arrows go through heads and alert whole rooms you are there. very annoying.
    I know the game was patched before I started playing, so maybe that accounts for the lack of archery issues I've had. However, when I'm standing at odd angles (looking over a ledge and shooting downward at a tight angle for example) I will notice the arrows still clipping. But archery has been a blast for me, but the combat has started to get too easy.

2: i have 56,000g with nothing to buy and full inventory of crap to sell. im constantly overcumbered or leaving valuable loot behind but each shop has between 700 and 200g so to sell my inventory i must go to every store in the game then wait a few in game days and do it again after each dungeon i clear through.
    I really haven't run into a lack of money sinks, with buying land, but I don't steal everything not bolted down in towns. I do clean out dungeons though using my steed stone blessing and companion. I agree it'd be damned nice to have more to spend money on though, so much potential.

3: rather than just give you a list of quests all the side quests are lumped into one grouping. this is the most annoying thing yet in game. i will be told 'find the body of X's missing sister and its giving me direction to bear pelts i need because these are in the 'minor quests' category. id rather just have a list of individual quests like every other bethesda game ever.
    Haven't had too much issue with this sort of thing, but I agree the quest log seems very cluttered. I'd prefer to be able to group quests by area, so I can see if I have two different quests taking me to the same cave on my list.

4: more voice actors but like 1 to 2 things said across the entire town.
    Couldn't agree more. More voices, more variance in what people say.

5: so far i either find forts or ruins full of bandits or necromancers or hagravens and maybe the odd giant or thief. aside from that i experience NOTHING but wolves and spiders and at this point even without doing the main plot i have covered the whole map and the sheer lack of enemy types is the biggest disappointment. i have put in like 17 hours and most of it has been spent killing the zombie vikings or bandits. thats a lot of content but not a lot of variance.
    I don't mind the cave and tomb cloning, but a few more types of enemies would be enjoyable and add immensely to the game.

Anyway, just figured I'd give some feedback, myself.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    So... Stormcloaks or Imperials? I can't bring myself to take sides.
    i picked stormcloaks, i dont particularly like ulfric and his lot, but they were fighting to keep skyrim in the hands of the jarls and high kings and stop it turning into another province controlled by an empire thats so much a pawn of the thalmor they dont even allow them to believe in a actual proven deity purely because the idea that talos was nord and not altmer puts them off it.
    Both are really bad choices for the people of skyrim, but i sided with stormcloaks because in the long run they seemed to offer the people more choice whereas the empire just seems to want to steamroll it for the thalmor. the stormcloaks are dickheads, but they want everyone to be free to be dickheads.

Undisclosed
    I just slayed two dragons. Has anyone else had to fight more than one dragon at a time? I also saw an elder dragon earlier, but he did not fight me.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I just slayed two dragons. Has anyone else had to fight more than one dragon at a time? I also saw an elder dragon earlier, but he did not fight me.
    ran into a blood dragon and three frost dragons at once in the town with the mythic dawn museum. pretty sure it was a bugged spawn though.

Hell of a fight though. the entire town helped me take them down. good thing i was an archer with dragonrend.