Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V (video game)

England
    I need to get back on Skyrim, I took a bit of a break from it due to the recent map pack for Battlefield 3, but I'm feeling that itch for more exploring again now!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

I HAVE TO GO NOW. MY PLANET NEEDS ME.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Level 49 now...
    100 smithing
    78 destruction
    89 one handed - among others.

Only one more level to go before I start adding perks as and when I reach the attainment level of each perk....

Dark Brotherhood quests just started (go see Aventus Arentino in the "Arentino Residence" in Windhelm, do his bidding then go have a kip in a bed somewhere) - quests seem good fun - trying to off people without being reported to the guards.

College of Winterhold quests complete
    Companions Quests complete
    Thieves Guild - on last quest
    Main Quest - 50% complete
    countless side quests complete
    2 properies owned, fully furnished...

I just married Aela the Huntress from the companions - she's got a cracking bod on her - great arms, must be all that bow use. First thing she did was give me 300 gold from her new business, then got straight over to the cooking pot to make me a sammich! can't complain...

A bit of meat between two sweetrolls? Sounds good to me...as I say, cracking bod!

Civil war quest:
    I went with the Stormcloaks.

As for potential paths on the civil war quest - it's worth noting that (potential spoiler)

I've read that you can negotiate a truce
    between the two sides.
    I've not seen any dialogue for this option...and I've tried and tried.

I also tried to free the Grey-mane guy from Thalmor custody - if you speak to General Tullius you have a dialogue option to try convince him -as I'm now stormcloak I believe this option to be instantly refused when you ask. I imagine you really gotta complete or near complete the civil war quest before you can free him. I could try walking in, all fists blazing - haven't tried it yet, really wanted to get him out diplomatically. I imagine that being an Imperial supporter would allow you to complete quests for Tullius - thusly winning his respect and him making the bloody effort to make a quick magical phone call or something.

anyway that's basically the entire summary of my social and sexual life right now. Level 49...lonely girlfriend...losing all social ability.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    I also tried to free the Grey-mane guy from Thalmor custody - if you speak to General Tullius you have a dialogue option to try convince him -as I'm now stormcloak I believe this option to be instantly refused when you ask. I imagine you really gotta complete or near complete the civil war quest before you can free him. I could try walking in, all fists blazing - haven't tried it yet, really wanted to get him out diplomatically. I imagine that being an Imperial supporter would allow you to complete quests for Tullius - thusly winning his respect and him making the bloody effort to make a quick magical phone call or something.
    I did that quest quite early on, not too long after first arriving at Whiterun, it was a tough one for someone of my low at the time level! I approached the gates of the prison & they immediately drew swords on me! There was a huge amount of guards too, luckily a dragon attacked around the same time and it wiped out most of the outside guards, leaving me to just finish off the indoor ones. After completing it and getting back to Whiterun, the guards there started talking to me about how the Thalmor had been given a bloody nose, so I guess it went down well with them that I ended up fighting my way through it!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I did that quest quite early on, not too long after first arriving at Whiterun, it was a tough one for someone of my low at the time level! I approached the gates of the prison & they immediately drew swords on me! There was a huge amount of guards too, luckily a dragon attacked around the same time and it wiped out most of the outside guards, leaving me to just finish off the indoor ones. After completing it and getting back to Whiterun, the guards there started talking to me about how the Thalmor had been given a bloody nose, so I guess it went down well with them that I ended up fighting my way through it!
    RE: MISSING IN ACTION QUEST

yeah I got pissed off seeing that quest in my menu screen so I looked it up online - apparently there is broken code in the game that doesn't allow a peaceful resolution for this quest - it's go in and bloody some noses, or leave it til they fix the bug (if at all) - the fact is you should be able to released dudeo from Imperial custody peacefully, but as some idiot coder has forgotten an "if" statement somewhere in the game code.

"if <wages recieved>
    {don't make the fucking effort}"

So tonight I think I'm gonna load up and shoot these fuckers down.

One question - for everyone playing - Where the fuck is Marcurio? He's a guy for hire type who sits around somewhere like Solitude or Windhelm - but I can't find him again...can't be arsed to look it up online, just while I'm here typing, thought I'd ask - it's not a big deal...but that dude is a PROPER powerful mage....there was also a battlemage type guy who'd conjure familiars for me during battle - and I'd conjure Atronauchs (frost) - so we'd have sometimes 5 people fighting the same enemy (for instance in quests where you gain a second companion temporarily)
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Undisclosed
    What is everyone's current level? I am at level 51. I also managed to get through a glitch in the Dark Brotherhood quest: Death Incarnate. A certain coffin glitch. I just waited for a long time. I have yet to complete the 1st act of the main quest or enter the civil war story.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    What is everyone's current level? I am at level 51. I also managed to get through a glitch in the Dark Brotherhood quest: Death Incarnate. A certain coffin glitch. I just waited for a long time. I have yet to complete the 1st act of the main quest or enter the civil war story.

Level 53 here.
    Destruction level 91
    One Handed Level 100
    smithing = 100
    enchanting = 91
    heavy armour = 86

among others...

Just bought a house in Markarth - Vlindrel - which is a really nice pad. But I'm keeping my base in Riften - Honeyside - as this is closest to the best vendors in the game (thieves guild fences)

Yesterday before buying Vlindrel I had 87k gold in my pocket...

My carry capacity is a WHOPPING 658!!! That's a full set of dragon armour with Carry Capacity enchantment, with the Thieve's guild armour as the main bit - there's also a stone called The Steed Stone that gives you an extra 100 capacity - this can be found directly north to The Statue of Merida or west of Solitude

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    What is everyone's current level?
    If I recall, I'm in the mid 40s, I might even be low to mid-50s, but I have taken a break from the game for the last few weeks. Concentrating on SWTOR, right now.

I have yet to complete the 1st act of the main quest or enter the civil war story.
    I tip my hat to your discipline. I wanted to start the civil war storyline, to decide on a faction, just in case it had repercussions throughout the rest of the game world, or opened up any character progression/customization options (even though I doubted this was the case).

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    I am going to take a break from this game, before I get burned out on it. My character is level 53 and I am finally in the 2nd act of the main quest. I have not completed the thieves quest, because I refuse to give up the skeleton key, until the game is 100 % complete, which includes future dlc. I am going to play Tropico 4 for a while, until Darkness 2 comes out.

Overall, I am very pleased with the game. The only complaints are the glitches. I still cannot purchase a house in Markarth. Some quests cannot be completed. I am constantly saving and using multiple copies to cover my ass.

England
    I too have been away from the game for a few weeks, I still love it but since the Back to Karkand map pack came out for BF3 I've got a bit hooked on that. I'll soon be back to Skyrim though, I'll have to be before I start forgetting what I'm actually doing in the game!

Administrator

England
    This looks fairly f***ing amazing TBH - Specifically the ease of mod upload/download via Steam!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udM4VvSL2VA

See MZ! Another great use of Steam
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Just started playing this. I wanted to wait til we were back in our house, but that looks way off.

Anyway, I thought 'Oblivion' was one of the greatest games I had ever played and 'Skyrim' looks to be the same sort of life sapping delight. Only started playing on Saturday and already have about 20 hours or so clocked up.

Loving it.

For such a beautiful and expansive game, it's truly incredible that the producers managed to get it into a 6Gig install. Amazing.

I wish they could put out an elder scrolls game every year.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    High Resolution Texture Pack has been released if your system is powerful to handle it, only for the PC I believe... Just go into Steam and click the button...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Loving the creation kit....only thing is, I really have no want or need to learn "code" to put in scripts for the game to respond to. Same thing with the Portal 2 level designer, don't want, don't care. Too complicated. I'm spending my entire existence trying to learn things like Cinema 4D, there's no academic space left in my brain to bother learning some bastardised Java-script code just so I can get a character to walk to somewhere, interact with something, and execute a bit of dialogue.

It's a shame really because an age old company called Bungie originally had the best and most workable idea for a level editing system - and in terms of MP games, worked phenomenally well - it was called Forge. Now if Portal 2 had that, game on. If Skyrim had some sort of bastard derivative, great - but scripts and crap like that? Don't have the time.

Loving the community mod addition too - gonna add some of those hi-res things later.

Administrator

England
    Very interesting! Fast forward to 1:31 if you're in a hurry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYOFLqItuW4#!
    -Carl Sagan