Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V (video game)

Ireland
    wait....what?

Haven't seen any of that shit!
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

United States
    That is sick! Makes me want to buy a PC version to take advantage of all the mods that must be out by now.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    High Resolution Texture Pack has been released if your system is powerful to handle it, only for the PC I believe... Just go into Steam and click the button...
    From what I hear the modder's texture packs sounds better than the bloatware official HD texture pack!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    wait....what?

Haven't seen any of that shit!
    According to the scrawl at the start of the clip, it was a little modding project the developers tried AFTER shipping the game: take one week and add/modify one feature of the game. Because it was done after the game was finished, none of those are in the actual game, but may possibly be added in a future update or as free/paid DLC.

Ireland
    Ah ok. Cheers Kraken. I just flew through to the goods.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ITS TIME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7GPqReC2HU

*official valve mod for skyrim apparently.
    Last edited by Danny; 13-Feb-2012 at 02:06 AM. Reason: awd

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    That Game Jam... Needs to be released as a DLC. Í'll pay lots for it!

Ireland
    It better be released soon, as most players will have completed the game and not give a toss about footprints in the snow, goblins or horseback fighting.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've had the game for nearly 2 months now and only put about 32 hours into it. Don't get me wrong, I really like it, but I don't find it as gripping as most people do. I can only play it for like 40-50 mins at a time before I get kind of bored and give up, as it's essentially the following formula repeated endlessly:

-Talk to guy and get quest to go retrieve something
    -Fast travel to destination
    -Wait for loading
    -Arrive at destination and enter cave/building
    -Wait for loading
    -Kill/talk to person and retrieve quest item. Leave cave/building
    -Wait for loading
    -Fast travel back to original guy you talked to
    -Wait for loading
    -Enter building guy is in
    -Wait for loading
    -Give him item. Quest completed. Exit building
    -Wait for loading

Rinse and repeat. I've realized that probably 40% of my gameplay is me staring at the loading screen and it's really boring. You could say not to fast travel but that's how I was originally doing it and after you've walked through the same area a dozen times, it gets pretty stale.

United States
    i've recently gotten back into skyrim and am enjoying it thoroughly again. but i gotta agree with mike about the damn loading screen (even with the game loaded to my HDD) and how much time i've spent looking at it.

while i try to "keep it real" and minimize fast travel by using horses rather than using the skip-trip feature, i always find myself using it when i gotta run back to riften and offload the pockets-full of stolen jewelry i can't help but lift off every poor bastard i encounter.

still having a blast, have my thieving bow-hunter on like a dozen little side missions, barely paying attention to the main quest.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 14-Feb-2012 at 03:01 AM. Reason: arrow to the spell-check

England
    I'm guessing you guys are playing on consoles? On the PC the loading screen is gone in the time it takes for you to blink, no issues with that whatsoever!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I'm guessing you guys are playing on consoles? On the PC the loading screen is gone in the time it takes for you to blink, no issues with that whatsoever!
    the Bethesda intro screen is longer than my loading times.....

I'm running it off a high speed SSD though, which caches my most used areas of the game and delivers them in record time....but to be honest it was pretty fast with the old spinning harddrive....
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Ireland
    Yeh, PC'er here too. Loading times? pffft!

England
    So now the Steam workshop for Skyrim is in place and thousands of mods are available, what have you PC guys started using if any? I've downloaded the "sounds of skyrim" one to add a bit more ambient noise, but thats it so far! I dont want anything thats going to make the game ridiculous or stupidly unrealistic (as far as a fantasy game goes of course)

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    It would be AWESOME to see those Game Jam mods as official DLC. However, I foresee some problems with that, specifically in regards to the dragon riding and flying vampire mods...

Cast your mind back to Morrowind and you may remember the abundance of levitation enchantments, Icarian jumping spells, etc. in that game. In fact, there were a number of locations only accessible by such means. This area of spellcraft was removed in Oblivion, to great furore. In canon, this was explained away by the passing of a law forbidding levitation spells as an unsafe and irresponsible use of magic (and to be fair, in Morrowind, if you didn't pay attention, the spells would often wear off while you were still swanning around several hundred feet in the air, sending you plummeting to your doom), but the real reason was simple resource management: to accommodate Cyrodil's larger cities while avoiding the slowdown caused by having thousands of NPCs all wandering around the same worldspace in real time, the cities were walled off and made accessible only at certain points (the city gates), and passing through these actually transports you to another, separate worldspace where the inside of the city is really kept. If, instead of going through the main gates, you were to levitate or fly over the walls then you would find only very low-resolution placeholder buildings (built so the city looks real from a distance) and no NPCs. Levitation is still missing in Skyrim, as Bethesda have applied the same technique to several of the larger cities in the game, so flying over the Solitude city walls on the back of Parthunaax would have some seriously immersion-breaking, if not game-breaking, consequences.