Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V (video game)

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    There's a mod to break those city gate walls and make the entire map open - so the levitation mods would indeed be OK with that mod installed - potentially...?

So I installed a few texture mods, and a couple of others but they didn't seem to change the game at all? They downloaded and installed on the Skyrim loader but I swear nothing's any different - had the blood pack for instance, and that did nothing.

I won't bother with any of that FX-AA crap - that's just post processing over the original graphics and aren't dynamic in any sense, so that can f**k off.

What mods on the Steam Workshop are you guys recommending? I really want mods that improve gameplay, add enemies, and make the graphics better - but that's it. None of the silly Portal stuff or anything that breaks the atmosphere of the game - please list your mods!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    Well so far I've downloaded the sounds of skyrim mod which makes the dungeons & caves a bit creepier, and I've downloaded the detailed cities mod which basically just adds more trees & objects to the cities making them a bit prettier and more cluttered (in a good way), but thats it so far. I'm interested in the Skyrim UI mod which apparently is very highly recommended. I only want subtle changes though, I'm not interested in any "fun" mods or things that let you do ridiculous stunts etc, I just think they would ruin the game.

Undisclosed
    For bit of dlc news. Crossbows and snow elves.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/skyrim-...report-6373832

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland

Brilliant
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    That was great. For a second I thought "that's a f**king realistic texture mod!!!"

I wanted to do something like that for GTA games - mount a camera on someone's back and basically do the HUD and all that, have some real fun with it..
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed

Dawnguard is the name of the DLC. Nothing is official yet, but Crossbows and Snow Elves are top bids right now, due to scriptlines added in the latest patch. Not much to go on, but still.

For those of you who missed Morrowind, let me tell you that this is big news to me. The Snow Elves are actually present in Skyrim proper... They are called the "Falmer". The goblins that you run into in old Dwemer buildings. But according to the lore unearthed in Morrowind (specifically the expansion pack, Bloodmoon) they were more or less wiped out by the nords in ancient times. They made their last stand on the northern island of Solstheim, which you can visit in Morrowinds expansion pack Bloodmoon. Even though you could go to Solstheim, the snow elves (or falmer) were long extinct by the time of the game. But you could visit the Snow Prince's tomb and read myths about his exploits.

Now the Falmer's sudden "re-appearance" in Skyrim, is apparently due to them hiding in the Dwemer fortresses left vacant by the Dwemer themselves. The new underground enviroment shaped them into the Morlock-like creatures we see in Skyrim. This explains their apparent "extinction", as they no longer exist as a culture. Or at least not as they once did. Just like the Dwemer, the Aldmer and the Ayleids their culture went down with the rise of men and the Empire.

Solstheim in relation to Skyrim and Morrowind. Skyrim being the green province to the left.

Just droppin' some Elder Scrolls knowledge, yao.

I'm usually not a fan of fantasy stuff at all, but for whatever reason I'm dig Elder Scrolls and it's rich world.
    Last edited by EvilNed; 02-May-2012 at 08:39 PM. Reason: yo

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i've seen a fair few sites reporting that its set in a single city run by the mythic dawn, is that not it? i thought it sounded pretty stupid if im honest.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    AFAIK I know, the mythic dawn rumours are only based on the title itseld, Dawnguard.

Undisclosed
    For anyone, who is interested, there is a Skyrim: Dawnguard beta available for the 360 and pc, only.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6379818...tting-xbox-360

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Whoops, looks like nobody's posted the trailer either. Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PjBSicSVqI

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    -vampires...

To be honest i was really hoping for some info about the whole high elves/cyordil deal myself. Cant say i have a reason story wise to buy this. seems to stand alone. a problem i had with a lot of the lacklustre fallout dlc's

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I think that ground is too big to cover in a DLC. As with The Great War, those events transpired between Oblivion and Skyrim. Maybe, if we're lucky, TESVI will deal with those issues.

Undisclosed
    It will be available in a couple of days.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    What? That's too soon! I don't have time!