Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V (video game)

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Oh my god...it just looks superb. So exciting.

BF3 was my first ever gaming pre-order, for the 360 - but I sold the console and games and cancelled the pre-order. Just the other day a friend pointed me to a website that she claims delivers the pre-ordered copies a couple of days earlier or gives you a discount on the next one. So I went with that. It comes with a cloth map too, which IMO is the most valuable product that comes with the special edition - but I've ordered the normal version, it just comes with the cloth map as a bonus.

I loved Oblivion so much, and Fallout games...they were just amazing. so CHOCK full of content, so many moments, so many great environments and fun weapons. So much time wasted just enjoying the atmosphere, milling around, and relaxing.

Oblivion was better for prettyness, because of it's setting only -although the fallout series is beautiful, it's not pretty - now with the updated engine and graphics, Elder Scrolls 5 should be even more beautiful than fallout and without a doubt a hundred times more pretty than Oblivion.

Now there was a mod to bring the world of Morrowind and Oblivion together using Oblivions arguably better game engine - called Morroblivion. Hopefully in the not to distant future, we'll have a mod than brings Morroblivion into the game engine of Skyrim - creating nothing less than an almost fully functioning COUNTRY to a game..!

-- -------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

oh by the way, if you wanna pre-order this game WITH the cloth map - look here:

www.shopto.net
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Yeah. I saw that yesterday. Can't wait. Got it preordered and should have it on Thursday. I don't really have the time to play games anymore but im gonna make time for this.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Im gonna wait a month to buy it until they fix some of the glitches. There are bound to be glitches. Dead Island had horrible glitches and corrupted saves. When Fallout 3 released "The Pitts" no one could play it and was removed from xboxs game market place that same day. With all expansive RPGs there will always be nasty glitches when first released.

United States
    not surprisingly, they've already confirmed that there's DLC in the works, and i'm still barely started on fallout:new vegas, so i think i'll be holding off till the inevitable GOTY edition is out next summer.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    not surprisingly, they've already confirmed that there's DLC in the works.
    Arrgh not that word again, DLC, why cant they just release this stuff at the same time as the rest of the game? Half the time the stuff is already packaged with the game but you have to pay to unlock it a couple of months after you bought it

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Arrgh not that word again, DLC, why cant they just release this stuff at the same time as the rest of the game? Half the time the stuff is already packaged with the game but you have to pay to unlock it a couple of months after you bought it
    Usually if you preorder the special edition version of the game for like $150 you can get all the future DLC for free. I always pass on this

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    This is true when it comes to things like extra maps for multiplayer shooters, but the Bethesda's DLCs are usually more substantial (horse armour excluded, although the backlash to that debacle probably helped ensure their current level of quality). If you look at the DLC for Fallout 3, for example, each one added several hours to gameplay along with new weapons, enemies, characters and extended the playable game area for miles with new environments and stuff to explore.

According to Todd Whatsisface, they have plans for the Skyrim DLC mapped out but haven't really begun working on it in earnest. Apparently they take a holiday after releasing a game, see how the public take things, relax, then come back and start working on DLC a month or two later. So no, it's not hidden inside the Skyrim game disc when you buy it.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Anyone played yet? Sitting in my jacket right now, the "cloth" map is like shitty christmas table cloth material - really disappointing plus misleading as the product description changed on the website. Arse. it's still better than the map you'd get normally I guess - but still not on that they did that.

Anyway, not overly important, the game is here! I cannot WAIT!!!

See you all in about 3 years. xxxx
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    so apparently my mum bought it for me as a gift for helping her set up her computer the other month and it arrives today.

on one hand super excited for the sequel to oblivion.

on the other its a day one launch bethesda game with no bug fixes...

England
    I need to have this game, just been watching some videos of it that people have put out today & it looks gorgeous! It'll have to wait till the end of the month for pay day though!

Undisclosed
    I am going to wait, until after Thanksgiving and see if it goes on sale.

England
    Theres so many good games out at the moment its hard to focus on just one, never mind afford them!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Theres so many good games out at the moment its hard to focus on just one, never mind afford them!
    Just reduce your food budget....it's what I've done to afford loads of new games recen'cfdmv /\sl;dkjfzsdf;

sorry...passed out.

England
    ha ha if only, I do a lot of weight training so need to keep up the food intake!
    Whats it like then chief, first impressions?