Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V (video game)

Undisclosed
    Here is a screen by screen comparision for the 360 vs PS3.

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/...vergleich.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    my first 3 hours and 7 levels in skyrim:

did the opening mandatory story bit.
    chased a fox for about 20 minutes.
    stealthed about the woods with a bow and arrow collecting pelts and ingredients.
    found woman in cabin in the woods. discovered skulls and purple fire in her basement, went back up and she screamed how nobody must know her secret and summoned ghost wolves and breathed fire to try and kill me. dont know if that was one of the lauded randomly produced content things or i killed some dark brotherhood woman or something.
    did the golden claw quest.
    tried to do some blacksmithing.
    3 hired thugs that way outpowered me tried to wreck my shit, only by using all my potion and stuff did i actually survive.
    Last edited by Danny; 11-Nov-2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: dsfds

United States

oh yeah

sounds absolutely fascinating danny

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    my first 3 hours and 7 levels in skyrim...
    What is your impression thus far, though? Any "wow", "oh no" or "WTF" moments?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    hard to say, interface is certainly a low point, they tried to make it function like the original ipod menu interface and it sucks. i just want straight menus back. and a d pad full of hotkeyed spells seems to be lacking too.

Other than that what i have seen looks great and the musics amazing. my only real complaint is i always go stealth and bows and if i hold right trigger you get the bow out, but unlike oblivion and morrowind you need to release it, wait half a second then hold it again to notch an arrow.

id recommend it, but havent really done any story yet to say how good it is.

-also a tip BUCKETS!

want to steal in front of a shop owner? hold A instead of pressing it to physically pick up a bucket and using physic's put it over the shop owners head. they are now counted as being behind and wall and you can just pilfer the store right in front of them.

United States
    -also a tip BUCKETS!

want to steal in front of a shop owner? hold A instead of pressing it to physically pick up a bucket and using physic's put it over the shop owners head. they are now counted as being behind and wall and you can just pilfer the store right in front of them.
    That's pretty funny.

United States
    got a gift card for veteran's day, decided to pick this up, even against my better judgement. i've been looking at videos and marveling at how incredible this game looks...then everytime i go to play fallout: new vegas, all i see is decay, trash, and brown.

getting ready to fire it up, will post some impressions later this weekend.

Undisclosed
    360 owners need to read this. Do not download the game to your harddrive, yet. There is a glitch that affects the texture quality. They are currently working on a patch to fix the issue. This may explain why the PS3 version looks better my last post.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6345189.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    360 owners need to read this. Do not download the game to your harddrive, yet. There is a glitch that affects the texture quality. They are currently working on a patch to fix the issue. This may explain why the PS3 version looks better my last post.

i did and it looks absolutely amazing. so either thats overblown or ive got low standards!

either way i can deal with crappier textures for now if it means no new vegas tier load times.

Administrator

England

...and of course the PC version will blow them both out of the water (assuming a good spec)
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    From what I have read so far, the PC version does have the better graphics.

England
    Superb game this. Very very pretty. Downside is that i tend to get pretty bored of "go there, get this, etc". Hopefully there is something substantial to keep my interest. I do love the universe though.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    From what I have read so far, the PC version does have the better graphics.
    Generally is the rule of thumb... More memory and more horsepower. Just more $$$$ too
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    MY MAJOR COMPLAINT: i always play elder scrolls as a rogue/assassin type favouring stealth and bows. the f*cking hit detection is terrible. you can aim to shoot just past a door and it gets stuck in mid air like its in the wood of the door. Or i use the zoom timeslow aim to get a perfect headshot and it goes through their head and just alerts them to me and if its like a orc with a great hammer i get one shot and die. its very bloody irritating that my playstyle is broken through no fault of my own!
    Last edited by Danny; 12-Nov-2011 at 07:30 PM. Reason: sdfdsf

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    my first 3 hours and 7 levels in skyrim:

did the opening mandatory story bit.
    chased a fox for about 20 minutes.
    stealthed about the woods with a bow and arrow collecting pelts and ingredients.
    found woman in cabin in the woods. discovered skulls and purple fire in her basement, went back up and she screamed how nobody must know her secret and summoned ghost wolves and breathed fire to try and kill me. dont know if that was one of the lauded randomly produced content things or i killed some dark brotherhood woman or something.
    did the golden claw quest.
    tried to do some blacksmithing.
    3 hired thugs that way outpowered me tried to wreck my shit, only by using all my potion and stuff did i actually survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post

The thing i got from that which is maybe the most awesome is that you could literally play this game for weeks, maybe months and not touch the main quest. It's so far from linear it's not even funny.

Although, I'm wondering how I'm going to fit this in with all the other games coming out. Next week alone I'm getting ACR, Rayman, Halo Aniverssary And SR the 3rd. This is on top of not evn touching uncharted 3 yet and being totally addicted to MW3 multiplayer. My plan is to Get all of those out of the way first because it looks like once I crack Skyrim open nothing else is gonna get played.

Cool stuff though danny.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"