Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V (video game)

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Do yourself a favour: make for the settings menu and change difficulty to the highest setting. In my experience, instead of having enemies level with you on a roughly even keel, it seems to create a more Morrowind-esque experience where relatively low level enemies are still common across the map, but with a drastically increased chance of stumbling into a fight with something vastly out of your league, particularly in certain areas and dungeons. Last night my level nine character fought an epic hour-long battle with a ridiculously overpowered draugr scourge I met in some catacombs, during which I expended over a hundred arrows and increased my archery, destruction, restoration and sneak skills by several points apiece. The sense of achievement when I finally took that bastard down was made it seem like an hour well spent (right before I began to wonder if I was really making the most of my time on earth). Then I found a cave full of high-level vampires and, to cut a long story short, fled. But not before vowing to return when my character was stronger to lay those sparkling pansies to rest once and for all. The game seems much more involved and rewarding this way.
    In the interests of challenge and longevity, I think I'll be ramping the difficulty up tonight after your advice, cheers
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Administrator

England
    Must resist! Must not buy this game!

LMFAO:-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt5aUdijAN8
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Here's some screenshots of "Ultra" mode....thought I'd take a nice shot of the...erm....central lights...(northern lights....kinda, but central)

2011-11-13_00001.jpg2011-11-13_00003.jpg2011-11-13_00006.jpg2011-11-13_00005.jpg2011-11-13_00010.jpg

On a side note does anyone know how I can delete old pics from my HPOTD repository? The option in the uploader doesn't seem to exist.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Here's some screenshots
    Nice screenies, Symph! Now you have me wondering as to whether I should have bought the PC version, if only really for the modability.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    now crashing my entire system everytime i try a manual save. youd think after 5 years using basically the same shit they would iron the gorram bugs out.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I played this at a friend's house over the weekend and it's clunky as hell. The controls are horrible and the movement of the characters looks like something from N64. I'm not normally into these types of games anyway, but the few hours I spent with this game made me absolutely sure it would never be a purchase...

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I played this at a friend's house over the weekend and it's clunky as hell. The controls are horrible and the movement of the characters looks like something from N64. I'm not normally into these types of games anyway, but the few hours I spent with this game made me absolutely sure it would never be a purchase...
    What system did you play it on out of interest Bass?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

I'm glad everyone enjoys it, but I just don't see it. Like I said, I was never really into the genre anyway, so i'm sure that didn't help.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Funny, I hear everyone complain about the character models, but I don't see it myself. I know Oblivion and Fallout had characters that looked like wooden puppets but this, to my eye, has completely overhauled the animation system. It is, of course, an RPG at heart so many of the interactions like hitting a character with a sword or jumping or whatever are based on underlying stats and attributes as opposed to the raw physics of object meeting object, so it will never be precisely photorealistic like that but I think they do a good job of dressing it up. Also, I'd rather the designers spent more of their time building a huge and interesting game world to excite my imagination rather than agonizing over little things like getting the angle of a character's foot on a sloped surface exactly perfect which ultimately adds nothing to the gameplay.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Damn, I want this game so badly. I just live it vicariously through what you guys post on here. Maybe I'll start New Vegas back up, until I can get this.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    So im leaving a jarls house and the towns under attack by 4 frost dragons at once.

yeah, that was neat.

United States
    I got some decent hours in this game. I like it alot more than oblivion. If only they would make a zombie rpg.
    You would figure they would since we are going through another zombie craze.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by fulci fan View Post
    I got some decent hours in this game. I like it alot more than oblivion. If only they would make a zombie rpg.
    You would figure they would since we are going through another zombie craze.
    Dead Island didn't do it for you dude?

England
    I caved in and bought it last night, my willpower wouldnt last until next pay day! First impressions are good! A few niggling problems with the controls, such as if you change the interact and sheath buttons from the keyboard to the side buttons on the mouse, you cant drop items from your inventory, and also the key bindings dont change so it still keeps telling you to press "R" which no longer works, so I begrudgingly had to swap them back to the keyboard (I always use arrows instead of WASD so its not really convenient to reach across to R and tab for menu & sheathing weapons etc). Only a small problem though, I'm sure I'll get used to it. Love the setting, although after going for a good walk on it I dont think the map is quite as big as I was expecting, but its still huge. I did a couple of quests and met a few people on the road and in the first town, and kept spending loads of time reading all the books I found, I'm not sure if its essential to the plot to read them all, some of them are long and you start itching to get back into the game, but I'll read them anyway so I dont miss anything!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I caved in and bought it last night, my willpower wouldnt last until next pay day! First impressions are good! A few niggling problems with the controls, such as if you change the interact and sheath buttons from the keyboard to the side buttons on the mouse, you cant drop items from your inventory, and also the key bindings dont change so it still keeps telling you to press "R" which no longer works, so I begrudgingly had to swap them back to the keyboard (I always use arrows instead of WASD so its not really convenient to reach across to R and tab for menu & sheathing weapons etc). Only a small problem though, I'm sure I'll get used to it. Love the setting, although after going for a good walk on it I dont think the map is quite as big as I was expecting, but its still huge. I did a couple of quests and met a few people on the road and in the first town, and kept spending loads of time reading all the books I found, I'm not sure if its essential to the plot to read them all, some of them are long and you start itching to get back into the game, but I'll read them anyway so I dont miss anything!
    I'm resisting... I dare not buy it for fear of how much free time it will consume!

If I did get it I'd be temtped to actually follow a 'walk through' so as to limit the amount of days of my life it will eat!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan