Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V (video game)

United States
    well I guess you can get married...

http://www.gamezone.com/editorials/s...marriage-guide

Marriage:
    Skyrim is a large place. After playing for hours you’ll start to feel like you are actually in this fantasy world, why not have a fantasy husband / wife to come home too? Skyrim allows just this to happen. I was actually not away of this feature at first. To allow this process to occur some aspects must occur first. Let’s go over those!
    • Travel to the town of Riften.
    • Find and enter the “Bee and Barb” inn.
    • Speak to an NPC named Maramal about the Cult of Mara.
    • Buy the Amulet of Mara off Maramal - 200 gold.
    • While wearing the amulet you have new speech options to court NPCs who can be courted.
    • Maramal will be at the Temple of Mara for the rest of the game.
    • After purposing to an NPC, talk to Maramal at the Temple of Mara and you become married.
    • Side note: Marriage can be heterosexual or homosexual.
    That is the marriage process. Why again would I want to be married though? This is why:
    • Once married you can move into that NPC’s house or your own.
    • If that NPC has a shop you receive 100 GP a day and some NPCs will start a store upon marriage.
    • Once a day your spouse can cook a meal that increases regeneration of magicka, health and stamina.
    • Lover's Comfort’ is a buff you receive for 8 hours after sleeping in a house with your spouse. This gives you 15% increase to skill learning.
    • Anyone you marry can become a follower if they weren’t before.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Most importantly, do you get to see their wobbly bits?

I did read one review that made me laugh. The reviewer married a women, but then she prompty walked off never to be seen again - WOMEN!

There’s also the opportunity to purchase property in cities, and even seek out companionship. Having property was quite useful considering the amount of hoarding I usually do in Bethesda RPGs, but having a wife was not. My special lady went off for a walk just after the wedding ceremony, never to be seen again.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Nice screenies, Symph! Now you have me wondering as to whether I should have bought the PC version, if only really for the modability.

Cheers bruvva! A couple of years back I would have said get the console version - but now I won't go near them...way too underperfoming nowdays, even the most basic PC can outwit an xbox 4 times graphically and processing wise yet they're still popular....!

There was an AMAZING mod for Ob and Morro called Morroblivion - which I'm sure you could guess is an amalgamation of the two games that allows you to travel between the worlds using Oblivion's game engine. Skyrim works on a completely new, and very different game engine which makes "morroblivirim" an impossibility...but the rest of the mods should still be awesome! I would love Morroblivirim myself...morro...blivi....rim...just love the sound of it really.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post

There was an AMAZING mod for Ob and Morro called Morroblivion - which I'm sure you could guess is an amalgamation of the two games that allows you to travel between the worlds using Oblivion's game engine. Skyrim works on a completely new, and very different game engine which makes "morroblivirim" an impossibility...but the rest of the mods should still be awesome! I would love Morroblivirim myself...morro...blivi....rim...just love the sound of it really.
    Not strictly true. While Bethesda gave the engine a new name (Creation), it is not truly a new engine started from scratch. In fact, just like Gamebryo (Oblivion's engine) was basically an updated Netimmerse (Morrowind's engine), Creation was built on top of Gamebro code, and as far as I know, uses basically the same (albeit updated) file formats for things like meshes and terrain. So I suspect Skymorrowblivion is not totally out of the question.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Not strictly true. While Bethesda gave the engine a new name (Creation), it is not truly a new engine started from scratch. In fact, just like Gamebryo (Oblivion's engine) was basically an updated Netimmerse (Morrowind's engine), Creation was built on top of Gamebro code, and as far as I know, uses basically the same (albeit updated) file formats for things like meshes and terrain. So I suspect Skymorrowblivion is not totally out of the question.
    Let's hope not! Although the guys at Morroblivion think it's "impossible".....but it would be AMAZING....I still haven't been through all of Morrowind so to have the game functioning with Skyrim's graphics would be awesomeness.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    I'll get a screen grab at some point, but my character looks just like Lemmy Kilmister (on purpose seen as I went to see Motorhead last week) , so as well as being god, Lemmy is also a Dragonborn

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

my character, best image i could get of the tv with iphone. A currently lvl38 nord rogue with 100 archery, sneaking, lockpicking and speech with high 70s alchemy, light armour, smithing and pickpocketing.

-interesting tidbit, had friends round when i booted it up, they said try and make a fat female dwarf looking viking woman. i was picking nord anyway like i always do so didnt really care about gender. the weight thing though?

that picture of my character is the maximum heavy set figure for a female in a skyrim game. i had to laugh if thats heavy set

Undisclosed
    @ Dope Danny, I noticed you are at level 37. Are you close to beating the game????

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    @ Dope Danny, I noticed you are at level 37. Are you close to beating the game????
    i have no goddamn idea.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I think you can beat the game (that is, complete the main quest) at a rather low level if you want too and focus on nothing else. Probably something like level 15 or 20.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    So everyone....

Stormcloak rebellion or Imperial Legion????

England
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    So everyone....

Stormcloak rebellion or Imperial Legion????
    I've not sided with either yet although I've made contact with both sides, I guess I'll have to make a decision soon but I'm leaning more towards Stormcloaks.
    Those giants are bastards, is there any way of approaching them without them attacking or are they permanently aggressive towards you? I met a guy who was taking a cow to them as an offering but I didnt see what happened to him, maybe I should have followed him...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I've not sided with either yet although I've made contact with both sides, I guess I'll have to make a decision soon but I'm leaning more towards Stormcloaks.
    Have a chat around the Wildhelm camp - there is at least one person who will give you a very good insight, from what I can tell, about the Stormcloaks....

I mean, when I arrived at Windhelm the guards were harassing an Elven lady, who was very unimpressed with them....But then you hear loads of shite about the Legion being lazy and ineffective....

UK
    I was leaning towards the Stormcloaks, but there doesn't seem to be a clear cut 'we are the good guys, we are the bad guys' side to take. This game does do the moral grey area thing rather well, so now I'm not sure which side to take. A lot of Nords do seem quite racist though, I'm playing an Imperial and they're always telling me where to shove it - thank goodness for bar room brawls!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    i have no goddamn idea.
    LMFAO!

And that's why this is the greatest game ever.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"