Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night of the Living Dead 3D: Resurrection

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Night of the Living Dead 3D: Resurrection

Who would've guessed that Night of the Living Dead 3D would get a sequel or prequel? Certainly not me, but it looks like that's the case.

Pyrophobic mortician Gerald Tovar, Jr. inherits the family mortuary and accidentally lets hundreds of uncremated bodies become exposed to toxic medical waste. As the corpses re-animate, Harold Tovar, the mortician’s inheritance-seeking younger brother, expectantly shows up, stumbling upon a full outbreak of the walking dead
    "Comin 4 U Barb!"
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Feb-2011 at 01:59 AM. Reason: .

United States
    Bass, do you care if I use that gun when you finish with it?

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Super Moderator

United States
    I never saw the 3D remake, so I can't honestly comment on how horrible this may or may not be, but it does not engender me with any great sense of confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

"Comin 4 U Barb!"
    Double You Tee Eff!?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

UK
    Would would've guessed that Night of the Living Dead 3D would get a sequel or prequel?
    They won't stay dead! Damn it...

United States
    Danger Will Robinson, warning! Brain damage, brain damage!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 07-Mar-2011 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Does anyone really know what time it is?
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Any news on NOTLD-Origins? CGI 3-D animated? I haven't heard anything since they announced the voice cast.

I'd actually see that one. This one, not so much. I love Sid Haig and all, but my "3-D" version is better.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Now they're calling it NOTLD3D: Re-Animation. I wonder if the "re-animation" in the title has anything to do with Jeffrey "Re-Animator" Combs being in the flick?

"We're going for a RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD-type tone, deadpan and gory with satirical story element. This is probably the best cast I've ever worked with," said director Jeff Broadstreet. "Technical advances have been made in 3D since we shot the first film in 2005. The 3D in this film is very dynamic, and we're mixing CG elements with on-set practical effects to heighten the 3D zombie effects."

The film stars genre favorites Andrew Divoff (WISHMASTER) and Jeffrey Combs (RE-ANIMATOR), along with Sarah Lieving (MEGA SHARK VS CROCOSAURUS), Robin Sydney (THE LOST) and Denice Duff (SUBSPECIES II), who plays a prody of Sarah Palin.

Riding the coat tails of Re-Animator? ROTLD in tone? 3D? Sarah Palin? This is just too weird NOT to see....
    Last edited by bassman; 31-Mar-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Interesting interview here - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50719
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I found this bit to be sadly all-too-correct (and from personal experience too):

BG: What is your opinion of the current landscape of the British film industry?

AJ: They release those yearly figures saying how many millions British films generate, but it's not accurate. They count HARRY POTTER and other studio offerings as British films, but they aren't genuinely British because they are made with American studio backing. The various funding bodies set up with a remit to help new talent are a joke, too. Here in Wales, we have the Film Agency. They often have meetings with new film-makers and read their scripts, but most of the time they just jerk them off for months on end with no intention of funding their movies. The truth is they never put their government-allocated money into the best scripts or ideas, they only back film-makers or companies who have a high profile. What they really care about is going along to the film festivals all over the world and rubbing dicks with the rich and famous. They couldn't care less about giving new talent in Wales a chance. I've spent years trying to establish contacts in private equity investment because that's your only chance as an independent film-maker in the UK unless you get a very lucky break. My advice to any film-maker is to use your natural talent and whatever resources you have at your disposal and make a self-financed film. Go out there and make things happen for yourself because no one else is going to help you. Especially in the UK.
    It's exceptionally frustrating. You see these organisations who do nothing more than cycle government money around in a big whirlwind of sod-all year-after-year, while failing to support the actual filmmakers (it seems to be all managers, and the odd hand-wringing, conscience-salving, load of old bollocks in some documentary that nobody wants to - or does - watch), rather than get together with local filmmakers to create a feature film that people would actually want to see - and pay to see - which could then be released nationally on home video, or even theatrically.

Indeed, last year I approached a media organisation about just such a project - that should have been right up their street judging by what they claimed to be there for on their website - and you know what the response was? "Yeah, we don't really do that kind of thing here" - no joke - those words seared into my disbelieving brain and haven't budged since. What's more, rather condescendingly, they seemed to intimate that I hadn't considered how hard it was to make a feature film ... so that just compounded the offensiveness of this publicly-funded body failing to support local filmmaking (and feature filmmaking as a community project at that), because all they ever seem to make are a couple of hand-wringing documentaries each year that a handful of Guardian readers would watch to make themselves feel important and better about their paycheques.

It really gets me riled up and it's a depressing prospect as a filmmaker to boot ... anyway ... off-topic rant over.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 08-Aug-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Dawn of the Dead Resurrection
    A group flees to a Tesco's superstore they kill off the zombies and then a gang of skin heads attacks.
    characters:
    Fran - Intern who works at the BBC.
    Arthur - anchorman for the BBC who leaves has a crush on Fran and left with the group leaving everything including his family.
    Stephen - Frans boyfriend who drives a truck making deliveries, he brings them to Tescos hoping it will make him a big shot.
    Peter - The last surviving local policeman who watched things fall apart and drew the line when ordered to recruit a gang.
    Roger - Peters prisoner, he was caught looting and taken rather then executed.

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Interesting interview here - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50719
    Much of what he said sounded like sour grapes to me.

So he's a writer/producer/director who can't get funding for his own ideas so he's cashing in on the name value of NOTLD to jumpstart his career. meh.

Well, hopefully it'll be a good film.

United States
    Who would've guessed that Night of the Living Dead 3D would get a sequel or prequel? Certainly not me, but it looks like that's the case.

"Comin 4 U Barb!"
    I am willing to give this a watch for artistic reasons only... yeah.... no other reason at all. Please ignore the thumbnail below. it has NOTHING to do with it .

briannabrown.jpg
    Last edited by Thorn; 07-Mar-2012 at 02:01 PM. Reason: yeah...

Aaland
    Sounds like another big pile of steaming horse shit trying to cash in on the NOTLD name.

United States
    Sorry to bump, but I saw this last night. I'm going to have to give this a big pile of steaming FAIL. Yeah, it's a prequel. It is alot more talkie talk back and forth between the brothers and extremely scarce on the zombie action. I guess they thought bringing together The Wishmaster and The Once Great Jeffrey Combs would be enough to carry it through. I will say the gore effects, when you actually see them, aren't bad, but the moldy cheese they are trying to hold it together with just didn't do it for me.
    OVERLOAD.
    The other people in it were definitely home video quality actors. There was also a pot smoking, ecstacy filled scene with some necrophilia action thrown in there for good measure that were completely unnecessary. Throw in their stupid Sarah Palin lookalike, and you've got a crap movie.
    When I rented this last night, I thought it was the animated one. Woops.

Undisclosed

"Comin 4 U Barb!"

Dude! I havn't stopped getting the shits from the 1st 1 yet!

Seems like some peeps have money to burn huh...give it here then! lol
    I SMELL SOME POO...