Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

WELP. this happened.

Administrator

England
    Bloodbath Arena DLC released...

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/23/de...lc-is-out-now/
    http://deadislandfans.com/2011/11/bl...ntro-gameplay/

BloodBath Arena is the first DLC from Dead Island. It pits up to 4 players in Arena style battles against the infected zombies. 4 different arena’s will be at you disposal as you take on wave after wave of infected, trying to survuive the longest and climb you way up the worldwide ladderboard.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    New DLC...

Deep Silver has announced "Ryder White", an upcoming DLC for Dead Island. The DLC will introduce a new playable character called Ryder White, and will offer a new take on the incidents in the main story of Dead Island. Ryder White is a military man and a loving husband, find out why he did what he did over seven hours of story content. There will also be two new blueprints and weapons to expand you zombie-bashing arsenal.
    http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/63...yder-White-DLC
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    the game just does not live up to the hype. He said after a while it gets boring, the mechanics of fighting the zombies is pretty screwed and it just becomes monotonous very quickly.

I just nabbed this game (Amazon Deal of the Day $25 for PS3). I completely agree. In this day and age, combat, driving, etc. could/should be handled a LOT better. Also the PS3 version has a fairly high amount of graphic glitches...annoyingly so. 4-5 hours in and yet to even get my first gun :\ It seems to many people that it came across to them as "Call of Duty on Zombie Island"...kind of how they pushed the game a bit. Couldn't be farther from the truth. It has grown on me, but def glad I nabbed it cheap.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    my god was this game DISAPPOINTING. i bought it used and geez.....im sad i even did it.

England
    I enjoyed it for a couple of weeks but never got round to completing it, as said above it gets samey very quickly and despite looking very pretty (on PC) the world isnt as interactive as you'd hope. Plus all you are, regardless of character, is a glorified messenger "go fetch this, go fetch that, bring it back here" while caving a few zombies heads in along the way.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I enjoyed it for a couple of weeks but never got round to completing it, as said above it gets samey very quickly and despite looking very pretty (on PC) the world isnt as interactive as you'd hope. Plus all you are, regardless of character, is a glorified messenger "go fetch this, go fetch that, bring it back here" while caving a few zombies heads in along the way.
    heres the thing, the zombies are pointless. they could be bloody aliens, triffids, rabid dogs, anything and the game would be exactly the same. the moment you are told you are immune to the virus the virus becomes moot and therefore so does the nature of the enemy.

its not a game about zombies. thats just the token enemy they picked and it makes no difference and its a bloody shame.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i just traded dead island back in, the policy is that they cant take a used game back unless its for the same game.......but he did it anyway. so i went with the safe bet and got nba 2k12

United States
    this game was on sale during the XBLA "ultimate game sale" last week. it was only 10 bucks, and i'm bored while waiting for state of decay to come out, so i figured "what the hell, why not?"

so far, i'm not really that impressed....should have gone back and re-read this thread to remind myself of my initial impressions of it and maybe i'd have saved myself 10 bucks. it's still playable, but it's getting stale pretty quick.

and the combat is awful, story is corny so far, all survivors i've ran across are complete morons, and every single one of them curses like it's going out of style....while i'm all for profanity when it's warranted, in this game it just seems like it's trying to hard to be edgy and cool by having characters drop the f-bomb every time they open their damn mouths.

4/10 (and that may be a bit generous)

Administrator

England
    ^ For all that, I do find the atmosphere quite impressive!
    -Carl Sagan