Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (video game) - Telltales

United States
    Episode 3 is up on PSN, and will be out tomorrow for 360/PC.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    God damn, about time, i've been excited for shit after episode 2 was just such an excellent experience. cant wait.

Administrator

England
    Looking forward to the reviews of episode 3 then!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Had a lot of fun following/playing eps 1 & 2, so 3 should be solid. So happy to see that it's being followed through on.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Just ordered the game from Steam as 40% off!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed

That bitch! I did not even get a chance to score! "L"

-- -------- Post added 30-Aug-2012 at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was 29-Aug-2012 at 06:00 PM ----------

I beat chapter 3 last night. It is a very good episode and not as predictable as the last one.

A lot of character deaths in episode 3 and they spare no one. This is probably the darkest episode so far. There is also a certain nameless character, who is involved in a disturbing feeding scene " Goodbye, She Quietly Says".
    Last edited by slickwilly13; 30-Aug-2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: sp

United States
    Just finished it myself, damn that was intense! Also incredibly bleak. Here were my choices:

I shot the girl in the street
    I did not abandon Lilly
    I fought Kenny
    I had Kenny shoot Duck
    I helped Omid

Bring on episode IV!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Just beat it, hectic, bleak and very grim. But from a gaemplay standpoint id say i enjoyed it the least of the 3, its no drop in quality but there was no standout bit like the opening car ride from the first or the stormy house bit from the second that stood out. it mostly just blurred together.
    now as for choices:

to start off i didnt shoot the girl, she had chunks out of her and so she was dead either way, it was cruel and not what id do for real but for a game i just used her as a distraction.
    i went looking for the missing items and found them in a vent and we got attacked by bandits. duck got bit in the process and on the road when we stopped lily went mental and ben and shot doug. so i left her since she was getting unhinged and didnt want to risk her shooting the kids.
    i talked kenny down instead of fighting him - though he seemed to make every attempt to start some shit..
    i ended up shooting duck and then cut clems hair and taught her how to shoot and planned to meet her parents, though instantly regretted that thinking it was a bad idea.
    then i met those two random douchebags, ben told me he DID take the food for the bandits, we got away with me having to push omid to the train which hurt his leg but we got out safe.

On the whole a weaker episode. it gave you way less time to make choices, gave some characters complete personality 180's and introduced new people i instantly took a disliking to.

Still i'm living with my choices so to speak and not replaying for 'better options' so i get an honest end to it, then ill try for the best option after beating all 5 episodes. still cant wait for the next one after the twist of this, really think one of my decisions is gonna bite me in the ass.
    Last edited by Danny; 31-Aug-2012 at 09:20 AM. Reason: sdfsd

Super Moderator

UK
    I see episode four is scheduled for release sometime in October.

As for episode three, plot-wise it was the best of the three - but I do agree that there was less time to make choices, but then in other cases you had shedloads of time. Weird.

I'm feeling that there's a sense of inevitability with the plotting, in other words, slightly different routes to get to the exact same conclusion, which is a little bit disappointing, but then again to truly have a really 'wild' game where branches go totally independent of one another would be an intolerable headache for a writer, and the devs in general, plus there'd be so much content that people would miss out on.

But yeah, plot wise it was the strongest episode. A few shocks in there in true TWD fashion, and I'm looking forward to playing the final two episodes.

Also, did anyone else forget to get the crackers out of the car with a zombie in it?

England
    Episode 4 is out for those who didn't already know
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Episode 4 is out for those who didn't already know
    Ta for the heads up - it's on my to-do list.

United States
    i've had episode 4 for a couple of days now but cannot stop watching postseason baseball...so many good games and so much drama.

will find time to play it this weekend, though, for certain, as saturday is an off-day for the MLB.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    OH GOD, OH JESUS CHROIYST!

Man, just beat episode 4 and holy f*ck, holy fuuuucccckkkkkkk THAT. F*CKING. CLIFFHANGER.

So right off i was prepared to leave ben behind, when i heard about the boat i was certain and let him drop at the belltower. then molly buggered off and i said 'oh shit' and realised what a mistake i made.
    As for the rest i had kenny shoot the starved kid zombie to get his shit together but i buried the kid, kinda choked me up a bit that whole scene did too.
    i got kenny to get his act together and sober up. calmed vernon down and ended that peacefully.
    took clem with me too the school, didnt leave her with a dude who might zombify.

On the whole i dug it, expected molly to be psycho and was surprised i was wrong, fully expected clem to be kidnapped by the stalker and im guessing vernon got out of dodge because riding the train has pulled a state wide chain swarm of thousands of zombies to the noise, each followed the moans of the ones before it.

Lee getting bitten got me worried, i cant help but think this is going to end with clementine shooting him and escaping to sea with omid and his girlfriend who is clearly pregnant at this point to be a family and no doubt kenny with have some heroic sacrifice to redeem his more dickish behaviour.

Super Moderator

UK
    Played it - enjoyed it - all round good stuff.

Ben was a constant bugger up, so I let him fall - heck, he said it was cool with him - I still feel bad about that, but on the other hand he was a massive liability and I was really wondering to myself "how much more danger is he going to get us all into?"

Gutted that we get bit, too.

I was half wondering if the man on the radio was Clementine's father, but then again she would recognise her own Dad's voice, even through the radio, and he wouldn't be talking all weird surely ... so that's a far too wild theory. I wonder what it'll all be though.

Good theory on the train/herd situation, Danny - I hadn't though of that.

I had figured that the Doctor zombie had been schtupping Molly as soon as I saw her stabbing the shit out of him in the alleyway. I liked her character quite quickly, so hopefully we'll see her return in episode five.

Also, I agree, I think it's quite clear that whats'er'name is up the duff with Omid's kid - but I too brought Clem along. Leave a kid alone in a house with a near-death man and that's it, or keep her where I can keep her safe myself? Simple choice, I'd say. It's dangerous either way.

United States
    Looks like the retail version could be worth picking up:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...bundle-details

That 1000 page compendium sounds too cool, especially for those of us (me) who haven't read the comics.