Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (video game) - Telltales

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    we call those adventure games, been around for about 30 years
    LOL! But in adventure games you typically can go in different directions and do things in different ways!?

This looks like a single path, with just clicks to move on!?

Or am I misunderstanding something and infact you can take different options and go in different directions!?

-- -------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    one good thing about the jurassic park one was that you didnt just fail or win, you could falter or fumble at something and it branched to a different event based on what you did.
    OK! So my interpretation of it being a concrete single thread of story/tasks is wrong!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    There's an excellent disussion about this game from a writers and gamers perspective on Giant Bombcast. Im very hopeful for this.

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/

So many Brits seem involved as well
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    This is out on the PS3 tomorrow. Should also be on the 360 as well but I haven't seen anything official yet.

MY HOME CINEMA

UK
    The review is out on IGN - and it's a good one!

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1223558p1.html

Administrator

England
    Well, I never! Be interesting to see another review!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Didn't realise the game is being delivered in five episodes, one a month! So it be 4-5 months until you get all of them!
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Didn't realise the game is being delivered in five episodes, one a month! So it be 4-5 months until you get all of them!
    Yeah I'll probably hold off until they're all out and available. The idea is nice on paper but as a consumer I'm really put off by "episodic" releases. I like to buy a game and cane it all the way to the end, with it being my choice when to give up playing. This idealogy is a bit fragmented for my liking - so I won't be bothering until it's all out and there are some good recommendations here from people who've played it.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    So is this a game in the true sense or just an interactive movie where you have to push a button every now and again or choose certain lines of dialogue?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I wasn't too interested in this game, but now that I hear it's less of a run-and-gun zombie game of recent years and more of an experience....I may just have to check it out. When all episodes are available, that is.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Yeah I'll probably hold off until they're all out and available. The idea is nice on paper but as a consumer I'm really put off by "episodic" releases. I like to buy a game and cane it all the way to the end, with it being my choice when to give up playing. This idealogy is a bit fragmented for my liking - so I won't be bothering until it's all out and there are some good recommendations here from people who've played it.
    Yes:-
    - I'd buy it in a couple of months when most of the episodes are out. a) So there's plenty to play from the outset, b) More than than ONE episode has been reviewed - What's to say the latter one's don't stink!
    - A review from a couple of folks here would be good!
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Yes:-
    - I'd buy it in a couple of months when most of the episodes are out. a) So there's plenty to play from the outset, b) More than than ONE episode has been reviewed - What's to say the latter one's don't stink!
    - A review from a couple of folks here would be good!
    -and whats to say later episodes wont be cancelled, it wouldnt be the first time. point and click adventure games aint exactly a hot commodity with the meat head gamerbros.

Administrator

England
    To be honest my interest in this bottomed out as soon as i found out telltale games where behind it and nothing ive seen has revived it.

Dont think ill bother with this one.

United States
    Back to the future was a massive disappointment. So much could have been done but instead, no. I paid for that game. I did not pay for Jurassic park and was still disappointed. At least the JP models looked realistic. These walking dead models are far too cartoony. Picture Zelda with zombies. Whoever chose tell tale for a zombie game, especially this one was high as hell. Wouldn't hurt to focus on the familiar characters either instead of creating new ones. Tell tale is notorious for this. Not even so much as a cameo from any of the original JP characters and I'm sure they would've created new characters for BTTF if it would have been an option at ALL.

Tell tale games don't feel like video games at all. They're more like those comic books Tom Hanks wanted to invent in "Big". Choose your actions/dialogue. Might sound good but for real gamers it sucks. It doesn't have to be a mindless shoot em up but it should have guns.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    To be honest my interest in this bottomed out as soon as i found out telltale games where behind it and nothing ive seen has revived it.

Dont think ill bother with this one.
    Have you read the reviews?
    -Carl Sagan