Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (video game) - Telltales

United States

The Walking Dead (video game) - Telltales

Yep, the same guys behind the recent Back to the Future and Jurassic Park revivals:

http://emoney.allthingsd.com/2011021...mod=ATD_skybox

Today, Telltale Games is announcing an exclusive worldwide publishing agreement with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to develop video games for the comic book series Fables, and an exclusive worldwide agreement to develop and publish a series of videogames based on the AMC cable network’s zombie hit “The Walking Dead.” It’s also working with Universal Pictures on “Back to the Future” and “Jurassic Park” games.
    I like what I've seen from BttF so far, and I won't say no to an episodic zombie adventure game.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Hmm... I hope this, and Dead Island, aren't lost amongst the shuffle of lesser zombie-centric VG fare... I'm honestly more excited about the BttF game...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    MEH.

love the comic but lets be honest, its not video game material at all.

level one 2 hours of arguing in a camper van
    level two 2 hours of arguing on a farm
    level three 10 hours of arguing inn a prison ect, ect.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    No, Hells! It's 'etc', dammit! 'ETC'!! Know why? Because it's 'et cetera' abbreviated! Geez...
    I'm sorry... got carried away there... Anyhow, what about the stuff with Glenn? Nobody argues with Glenn!

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    what about the stuff with Glenn? Nobody argues with Glenn!
    That'll be the DLC.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    MEH.
    Indeed.

Zombie games are a dime a dozen these days and nearly all of them have been let downs, imo. And another download game with multiple entries? I'll pass.

Super Moderator

United States
    Add me to the list of skeptics on this one.

Could TWD be a good launching pad for an epic survival horror zombie game...you know...one less hokey than RE? Sure. But while I do see TWD as good inspiration for a setting, I think anything that would place creative constraints on the world builders for a new game would be bad. Then there's the possibility of this just being a quick cash-in and the last thing we need is another phoned in effort in any form of zed media right now.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    MEH.

love the comic but lets be honest, its not video game material at all.

level one 2 hours of arguing in a camper van
    level two 2 hours of arguing on a farm
    level three 10 hours of arguing inn a prison ect, ect.
    What, you mean you don't buy video games to argue about relationships and act exceedingly emo? If people didn't, Square Enix would be out of business.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    That'll be the DLC.
    What's 'DLC'?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What's 'DLC'?
    CLICK HERE!

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Arigato. Nifty thing, that. Um... so, downloadable content? But... or is that wrong? If not, I'm still confused. Arguing with Glenn will be downloadable? That's just dumb...

Dying

United States
    Arigato. Nifty thing, that. Um... so, downloadable content? But... or is that wrong? If not, I'm still confused. Arguing with Glenn will be downloadable? That's just dumb...
    You mean dumb like the concept of creating a video game about a series that's almost completely centered around character development in the first place? What's it going to be, a turn-based RPG so that you get the story but not the exciting moments (Rick casts Lit3 on Zombie!), or a Resident Evil-esque game that can't possibly have the "feel" of the series?

My biggest problem with zombie games from a story perspective will almost certainly be in whatever this game becomes: the protagonist can be bitten about a million times and still be alive and kicking. That's why, for me, zombie games don't work. You take away the ability for a zombie to kill you even if it only is able to inflict a minor wound and you have dumber and slower versions of better video game antagonists. At least something like Left 4 Dead explained that they weren't really zombies and that the main characters somehow had an immunity to the virus.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Mitch, Mitch, Mitch... you don't get it, do you? Zombie games aren't supposed to be realistic! If they were, would they have zombies in them? Yes, but they wouldn't be nearly as interesting to the ADHD youth of the future! They want action, violence, mindless button-mashing and co-op modes! Atmosphere? The fuck is that? We don't need no stinking atmosphere or emotion, we gots a chainsaw!!! Noisy guns, and shit! WHOOO!!

Dying

United States
    Mitch, Mitch, Mitch... you don't get it, do you? Zombie games aren't supposed to be realistic! If they were, would they have zombies in them? Yes, but they wouldn't be nearly as interesting to the ADHD youth of the future! They want action, violence, mindless button-mashing and co-op modes! Atmosphere? The fuck is that? We don't need no stinking atmosphere or emotion, we gots a chainsaw!!! Noisy guns, and shit! WHOOO!!
    I think you just described Bulletstorm.

You're right, of course. Something more realistic wouldn't fit in with what's been coming out recently. For every thought-provoking game like BioShock, you get a lot of crap like Dynasty Warriors that are just mindless button-mashing experiences. What I would love to see is someone give a zombie game the same kind of treatment as, say, Silent Hill: Homecoming. Make it an actual horror game as opposed to a first person shooter or Resident Evil 5 (which when compared to something like Mass Effect 2, it just seems silly). Guns aren't just lying all over the place in the real world (excluding Arkansas), and ammunition for them would be extremely scarce. Actually use that as part of the game mechanic.