Thread: Heavy Metal Mag

Dying

Undisclosed

Heavy Metal Mag

PDF teaser download of their Living Dead issue.
    http://www.heavymetal.com/
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
    Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by FoodFight View Post
    PDF teaser download of their Living Dead issue.
    http://www.heavymetal.com/
    Oh, that's pretty cool.

I used to love the Heavy Metal comic (the movies as well, whatever happened to the new one James Cameron was producing?), and I'm not even a big comics fan. Such utterly stunning artwork and great storylines. Then I got a girlfriend, and the mag's adolescent obsession with giving every character massive knockers that flop out at the first opportunity began to feel a tad silly and detracted from the otherwise mature and intelligent stories. Never thought I'd go off something for having too many boobies, but there you go! Haha!

Actually, that's not the real/only reason: for a long time, the only place you could get it around here was at Forbidden Planet, who were importing it from the States and charging double the cover price. Fuck that!

I think it's easier to get now, though, so I might just seek out this issue.

Dying

Undisclosed
    I lost interest for much the same reason (that and the constant barrage of Simon Bisley). Only by chance did I check their website and lo and behold, a living dead issue.

Must be part of the cosmic unconsciousness..........
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
    Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.