Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Blade Runner (film) sequels/prequels!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Scott confirms he will direct - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51846
    Schweeeeet!

Also I dig the little .gif on the page there - a reference to the remake of The Blob.

Administrator

England
    Sequel.... WITH HARRISON FORD???

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Harri...oot-29251.html

Isn't he a bit long in the tooth now? Why didn't they do this 10yrs ago?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    They can de-age him with cgi just like Jeff Bridges in TL. Any uncanny valley effects could be explained away with degredation of his systems since it would be long past the end of the usual replicant lifespan.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    They can de-age him with cgi just like Jeff Bridges in TL. Any uncanny valley effects could be explained away with degredation of his systems since it would be long past the end of the usual replicant lifespan.
    You know, given today's tech, that wounldn't be too hard I'd expect. And it would only be a minor 'facelift' required. ie: Take off 15rs rather than Jeff Brides's 30yrs...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    Well... I guess I don't need to point out that we don't know for SURE if Deckard was a replicant or not. It's only implied.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Well... I guess I don't need to point out that we don't know for SURE if Deckard was a replicant or not. It's only implied.
    Except Ridley Scott has stated very clearly in the affirmative that Deckard is a Replicant in Blade Runner (and Ford didn't like that development).

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Except Ridley Scott has stated very clearly in the affirmative that Deckard is a Replicant in Blade Runner (and Ford didn't like that development).
    "Has"... Maybe that view might change under a different writer/film, or indeed even leave it unanswered...
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    But does that apply to all three edits? I was under the impression that Deckard is only definitively labeled in the final cut while the other two are more vague?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    But does that apply to all three edits? I was under the impression that Deckard is only definitively labeled in the final cut while the other two are more vague?
    Indeed. Liked it better that way as well. Don't get me wrong; the idea of Deckard being a replicant is a great twist, i just don't like films spelling it out for me. Ambiguity made the film stronger IMO.
    As for Ford's return? He might play the guy who designed Deckard all these years ago or something, ... Doesn't HAVE to be the Deckard we saw in the original.

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    Don't get me wrong; the idea of Deckard being a replicant is a great twist,
    I never cared for it.

I liked the idea that Deckard was just a burnt out human tasked with hunting down replicants who were intellectually and physically superior to him.

Harrison Ford must be desperate for anything now since he's never shown much love for Blade Runner in the past.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    So? The film only implies it, and itīs the film we're talking about.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well it certainly applies to the 1992 Director's Cut and the Final Cut, and I don't think there's very many ways to interpret Deckard having a memory of a Unicorn - and Gaff leaving Deckard with a parting symbol: a unicorn - with the words "it's too bad she won't live, but then again who does?" ... now sure, those words can be interepreted more widely, but in the context of the unicorn (indeed, how else would Gaff know that Deckard has that memory?) I'd say it's pretty clear what the ultimate conclusion is.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Deckard might have told him - Gaff might have overheard him - There are innumerable reasons. The unicorn isn't there to finger Deckard as a replicant, it's there to plant a seed of doubt as to wether he is or not. The or not is equally important as the he is.

Administrator

England
    Same writer back again?!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Blade...uel-30991.html

Alcon Entertainment – which will co-produce the new Blade Runner film along with Scott Free and Bud Yorkin – revealed that original Blade Runner screenwriter Hampton Fancher was in negotiations to collaborate with Scott on the film, which indeed would be a true sequel to the 1982 masterpiece. In addition, producers confirmed that the new story would take place a few years after the events of the original film.

The way the story goes, Fancher and Scott always intended to do a series of films that developed the themes found in Philip K. Dick’s sci-fi novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, which inspired the original Runner. But as is often the case in Hollywood, Scott got lured to other projects, and the collaboration was put on hold for the past 30 years.
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Wouldn't it be cool if the renegade replicants have freaky colored contact lenses, make dinosaur sounds, run all of the time and do it all in matrix style slow motion?