Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Blade Runner (film) sequels/prequels!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool if the renegade replicants have freaky colored contact lenses, make dinosaur sounds, run all of the time and do it all in matrix style slow motion?
    Zack Snyder? Is that you?!?!?

Banned
    Banned User

Aaland
    Sorry, boys...but I think I'll take a pass.

I'd like to think I learned something from the twin fiascos of the Star Wars prequels, and George Romero's career since 2005.

-- -------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Zack Snyder? Is that you?!?!?

Actually...didn't the original Replicants have some kind of glowing contacts in their eyes in a couple of shots in the original film?

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    I'd prefer they leave Blade Runner alone and reboot with a fresh adaptation of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.

Super Moderator

UK
    ^^^

Regarding their eyes - that was a key to seeing who was a replicant, their eyes had a glow to them (in the iris) in certain lighting conditions. Harrison Ford even has that glow in his eyes at one point (as Scott intended - he spoke about that, and Deckard being a replicant, in a special feature on the super-duper release a few years back).

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    "Blade Runner sequel is no rumour - it's happening," according to Ridley Scott!

t’s not a rumour – it’s happening. With Harrison Ford? I don’t know yet. Is he too old? Well, he was a Nexus-6 so we don’t know how long he can live [laughs]. And that’s all I’m going to say at this stage.
    http://www.metro.co.uk/film/914651-r...-its-happening
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I dug Prometheus - so I'm into this idea too.

Also, further confirmation from Scott himself that Deckard was a Replicant (a theory I too, subscribe to).

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I dug Prometheus - so I'm into this idea too.

Also, further confirmation from Scott himself that Deckard was a Replicant (a theory I too, subscribe to).
    It takes one to catch one?
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Ridley should looking into getting Trent Reznor to make the soundtrack. This is the kind of sound a new Blade Runner should have:

Administrator

England
    More talk about Ford returning - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/64541

Yeah, we’ve been chatting about it…I truly admire Ridley as a man and as a director, and I would be very happy to engage again with him in the further telling of this story.
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    So then what about Ridley Scott being adamant that Deckard was a replicant?

Might it be that he still is, but discovered a way to stop the countdown for all replicants? Might that have something to do with the plot? Just a wild theory.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    So then what about Ridley Scott being adamant that Deckard was a replicant?

Might it be that he still is, but discovered a way to stop the countdown for all replicants? Might that have something to do with the plot? Just a wild theory.
    Or maybe it'll be a contrived, somewhat lack lustre, effort like Promestheus?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Or maybe it'll be a contrived, somewhat lack lustre, effort like Promestheus?
    Pfft, Prometheus was class.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Should have been... But I found parts of it daft TBH. It wasn't a bad flick, but not as good as the sum of its parts!
    -Carl Sagan