Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Blade Runner (film) sequels/prequels!

Ireland
    It's just going to be another example of a completely unnecessary sequel, I'm afraid.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    This kind of stuff rarely has the power to interest me anymore.

Administrator

England
    Scott not directing? - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/69608

Having seen some of his more recent films, I think that may be a good thing!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Scott not directing? - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/69608

Having seen some of his more recent films, I think that may be a good thing!
    Hmmm ... Scott's vision for Blade Runner was so stunning, can someone else do something to match it? While Scott's output has been a bit up-and-down of late, I loved Prometheus.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Hmmm ... Scott's vision for Blade Runner was so stunning, can someone else do something to match it? While Scott's output has been a bit up-and-down of late, I loved Prometheus.
    He is producing it, which maybe is the ideal role for him (now)?

Wonder if Vangelis is available?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Focking respect! I enjoyed it as well.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Focking respect! I enjoyed it as well.
    *high five*

Too often, at least it seems, I hear too much moaning about that movie, but I loved it ... I must dig in to my 3-disc Blu-Ray again for another spin of it all.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The article mentions that he already has a premiere date for an unannounced film in 2017. With directing the Blade Runner sequel out of the way....perhaps it will be Prometheus 2?

I also really enjoyed Prometheus. Even with it's faults, it's still easily one of the top science fiction films in recent memory.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    perhaps it will be Prometheus 2?
    Oh please, please please please pleeeeeeeease!!! That'd rock so much. *fingers crossed*

England
    Oh please, please please please pleeeeeeeease!!! That'd rock so much. *fingers crossed*
    Yeah, would love to see more of the engineers.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Administrator

England
    Harrison Ford thinks it's the best script he's ever read - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/What-...ipt-68652.html

"I sent him this [script] and he said it’s the best thing he’s ever read. It’s very relevant to what happened in the first one."
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Harrison Ford thinks it's the best script he's ever read - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/What-...ipt-68652.html
    Well that sounds like a good start, so hopefully it'll be turned into a good movie as well.

Administrator

England
    Seems it's a go - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/70514

Turns out Harrison Ford is locked and loaded to return as Deckard and he's pumped for it, too, according to Ridley Scott who said Hampton Fancher and Michael Green's script impressed the notoriously grumpy actor. He even went so far as to call it the best script he'd ever read.
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I think it can be good.

I just hope (for their sake) they don't turn this into a 150 million dollar film. It's not that story and it doesn't have that pull. The original is a 30+ old sci-fi film that bombed upon first release and has since then gained a cult following... It's not the superblockbuster people might think it was.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan