Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robert Kirkman gives a few tidbits on season 2

United States
    here's another quick read concerning season 2. again, not much in the way of sensational information, but there is a bit that made me very happy to read: merle is NOT going to end up being the governor, according to mr. darabont. so glad they decided not to go that route, as some have (crazily) speculated.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/115/1153829p1.html

picking up season 1 on dvd after work today, can't wait!

England
    Also most of the season will be spent at the farm and they will be sticking closer to the comic generally. A bit of romance as well

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

The Paleyfest panel is up on youtube if anyones interested
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Kirkman's talking again.

Tidbits:
    THR: Any update on Stephen King writing an episode?
    Kirkman: That’s been discussed a little bit. Everyone involved on both sides of that are very anxious to make that happen; AMC is excited; Frank Darabont is excited; I’m excited. I know Stephen King and Joe Hill are excited. We’ll see if we can make that come together. I can neither confirm nor deny. (Laughs.)
    THR: Has production started?
    Kirkman: We’re well into the show; scripts are all completed and the final touches are being made and I think he cameras will be rolling in a few weeks. We’re all very excited to get back to Atlanta and sweat.
    (So they're NOT yet shooting as previously reported)

THR: Will we see Merle (Michael Rooker) in Season 2?
    Kirkman: All I can really say is that everyone loves Michael Rooker.
    And now the real downer piece of news....

THR: When are we going to meet machete-wielding bad-ass Michonne?
    Kirkman: Maybe Season 3. Frank and everybody involved in the show love her and we’re all very interested in working her into the show.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

And now the real downer piece of news....
    Ugggh...what a downer.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Downer? Perhaps - but entirely expected, methinks, considering she doesn't turn up until what, Trade #4? Season 1 consisted of Trade #1 (issues 1-6), and season 2 will cover issues 7-12 or 7-18.

Oh the intrigue for us zed-heads!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 11-May-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    True, she doesn't appear until later in the comics, but we had already heard from multiple sources that she would be included in the second season. I think Darabont straight up said "yes, Michonne will be in season two" during an older interview. I was thinking they might bring her in at the Hershel's farm storyline, but it looks now like they may have decided to wait for the prison in Season Three.

Who knows? Kirkman likes to play around in interviews, so maybe she is still scheduled to appear this season and he's just throwing out false info.
    Last edited by bassman; 11-May-2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: .

Being Attacked

Canada
    Stephen King and Joe Hill writing an episode would be great. Although King's "Cell" was a little out there, I enjoyed it and have read it twice.
    I'm not too disappointed about the Michonne news to be honest, I'm hoping they bring Tyrese into it to be honest, I thought his character was badass in the comics.
    I really hope they do the whole Wiltshire Estates segment and I think Tyrese would be a crucial part in that.

United States
    I could picture Michonne being a presence in Season 2; a lone figure (more or less) tracking the survivors, watching them. No dialogue, just pure foreshadowing.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    ^

i'm not sure i agree with you a hundred percent on your police work there, billy.

seems like if they featured her profile/outline/image/etc for any more than a couple of episodes without some sort of reveal at the season finale, people would be pissed...

but, on a similar note, if they closed season 2 with a glimpse/hint of her and that famous katana, it'd be an amazing teaser for season 3.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    ^

i'm not sure i agree with you a hundred percent on your police work there, billy.

seems like if they featured her profile/outline/image/etc for any more than a couple of episodes without some sort of reveal at the season finale, people would be pissed...
    While I agree with you, I wouldn't put it past them. Merle's plot was never resolved in season one and quite a few people were upset about that, iirc.

United States
    d'oh! forgot about that whole merle plotline....kinda seems like the writers did, too.