Thread: Another Dracula flick on the way?

Administrator

England

Another Dracula flick on the way?

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Although I've heard it get put down quite a bit, I've always enjoyed the early 90's film with Gary Oldman. Of course....Oldman makes everything better in my book....

Super Moderator

Germany
    Oldman wasn't the problem with BSD, Reeves was. It hurt the ears when he attempted to imitate an English accent. His performance clearly came off as Bill and Ted go to London. Still, I love the movie.

United States
    Hope it's better than Dracula 2000.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Oldman wasn't the problem with BSD, Reeves was. It hurt the ears when he attempted to imitate an English accent. His performance clearly came off as Bill and Ted go to London. Still, I love the movie.
    Oldman was great, but what I really loved about Bram Stoker's Dracula was the soundtrack. It was excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    Hope it's better than Dracula 2000.
    I didn't mind Dracula 2000 so much. It was better than the title suggested, I felt. I certainly liked it better than John Carpenter's Vampires.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Dracula 2000 was nothing more than a modern day popcorn action-er masquerading as a horror film. I enjoyed it, not too mention it has GERARD -THIS IS SPARTA- BUTLER as Dracula, and he did play a pretty badass Drac. Coppolas Dracula... Man, I love Gary Oldman as Drac. He brought a style and elegance to the role no other actor could have pulled off, especially with it being set in the 1800's, but man is that film really over acted. Everyone int he cast over did at one point or another, even Oldman, but he kept it subdued as much as he could, but he did have some cringe worthy bits. However, the worst offender on that project is Keanu... What was Copppola thinking????? I used to enjoy the film, but after re-watching it in Blu-Ray I was like egads.... This is really something I cannot enjoy anymore.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*