Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super 8 (film)

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Oh okay. Sorry about that, I thought it was going to be nostalgic. Everyone's saying nostalgic. 80's isn't nostalgic. 60's is. 50's is. Not 80's.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Oh okay. Sorry about that, I thought it was going to be nostalgic. Everyone's saying nostalgic. 80's isn't nostalgic. 60's is. 50's is. Not 80's.
    When you turn 42 this year it is...

United States
    Blind, you kind of have to live through an era for it to be nostalgic. You have to experience something for it to bring back memories. The 70's and very much the 80's are nostalgic as hell to me.

And I was close with the early 80's.
    Last edited by clanglee; 22-Jun-2011 at 09:25 PM. Reason: fg
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Decent film until the third act... when Super 8 turned into a Michael Bay movie.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Oh dear, did it, Eye?

I don't know... I thought nostalgic was invented memories, shrouded in the ever-enhancing mists of imagined past... Or is that just me and my crazy ways?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Finally just saw this. Loved it! Very fun movie. Reminded me of The Goonies and had me feeling like a kid. However, that is not to say that this is a kid's movie.

The only gripe I had was the ending; very abrupt and a shoddy attempt at being heart-warming.

I'd give it a 4.5 out of 5. RECOMMENDED.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've also finally seen this movie(Thanks Howard Stern! ) and loved it. Like mentioned before, the third act could use a bit of work but it didn't ruin the whole experience. It wasn't a Michael Bay movie as someone had mentioned. I actually got more 'horror' vibes out of certain scenes in Super 8 than I have in recent films labeled as horror...

As it stands I'll give it a 7.5/10. Clean up the few problems near the end and it would have been a near perfect film. A great time "at the movies". Really cool to see the Romero references, as well.
    Last edited by bassman; 17-Aug-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: .

United States
    I saw it tonight at the $2.50 movies, and I'm not going to lie. It was pretty decent. I can definitely see the Stand By Me vibes I've heard about it. And since I saw it with my kids, at the end when the respective dads were all hugging on their respective kids... I felt a little verklempt.
    All in all, I'd say it was well worth seeing.
    I had thought for some reason that they never showed the alien thangie, which is not true. I kept referring to it as Cloverfield Jr, as it vaguely reminded me of it.
    We kind of showed up a few minutes late. We got there before the train crashing part, so I'm guessing I didn't really miss much. Also, hilarious sideburn action on Green Lantern, lol.