Thread: TWD - Stephen King season 2?

United States

United States
    now this is one writer i wouldn't mind writing an episode. king's one of my favorite authors. haven't read many of his recent novels, but his classic shit is just that, classic, and his short stories are amazing.

and i love the pic they included for that article. "jordy verill, you lunkhead!"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    In other The Walking Dead news, Holden also hinted that breakout characters from the comic book series Tyreese, Michonne, and The Governor will also be putting in appearances to some degree.
    I thought Darabont already said the Governer would NOT be making it in this season? Maybe Holden likes to talk too much....

I'm all for a King episode, but shouldn't they be wrapping up the writing by now? Last I heard, filming was going to start in May?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I thought Darabont already said the Governer would NOT be making it in this season? Maybe Holden likes to talk too much....

I'm all for a King episode, but shouldn't they be wrapping up the writing by now? Last I heard, filming was going to start in May?
    Another re-team of Darabont and King makes a whole lotta sense to me. I'd be up for that.

As for writing - not necessarily, bass, particularly for later episodes. Indeed writing can continue (in terms of dialogue at least, not in terms of used locations and certain sequences) right up to and into pre-production on a TV series. If a script is sorted ahead of time by a comfy margin, so be it, if not (again, in terms of dialogue for example, rather than major things) then they'd be getting the intricacies finished right up to pre-production ... naturally, where they're going to need to be filming, what they'll be filming etc, needs to be established in advance ... but intricacies and dialogue is another issue.

Indeed during a season writing continues on episodes coming up later into the season, so there's always an overlap of pre-production, production, and post-production going on, on different episodes at the same time.

Actually there was a quite good featurette about just this sort of thing on one of the Lost box sets, which covered 24 hours (or something like that) in the schedule of Lost, and the stuff being worked on covered something like 7 different episodes all at different stages of development. Fascinating stuff.

United States
    great, let's let King throw a few curse words in there. FAGGOT. he was relevant in the late 70's/early 80's. f*ck off and die already...
    talentless f*ck, better to let clive barker have a shot at it, though I don't mind if he don't...

Administrator

England
    http://rabiddoll.com/node/1755/steph...king-dead.html
    Should negotiations pan out, King is expected to co-write an episode with his son, Joe Hill, the author of the horror novels "Horns" and "Heart-Shaped Box."
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    So this clearly never happened then!!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    great, let's let King throw a few curse words in there. FAGGOT. he was relevant in the late 70's/early 80's. f*ck off and die already...
    talentless f*ck, better to let clive barker have a shot at it, though I don't mind if he don't...
    Well, i used to be a huge Barker fan. I practically devoured Imajica and Weaveworld. I still think Hellraiser is one of the finest horrorfilms ever and so on ...
    But lets face the facts here shall we? It's been ages since Barker released anything approaching the quality of his great novels. Coldheart Canyon was ok, but nothing really special.
    King can still write an entertaining novel IMO. I enjoyed Under the Dome...
    Last edited by krisvds; 12-Mar-2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: .

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So this clearly never happened then!!?
    Nah. Any possibility of King's involvement departed with Darabont.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Nah. Any possibility of King's involvement departed with Darabont.
    Can you imagine the rating figures there would have been for that episode?
    -Carl Sagan