Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849 LastLast

Thread: World War Z (film)

Administrator

England
    ^^ For me the squeaky bike scene takes the biscuit. So they have to cycle along through the infected on squeaky bikes, while Mr Soldier Man just cruises by safely in a 10 ton truck.... Why couldn't they all have fitted in the 10 ton truck?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    LOL. Check this out

The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Norway
    This was an awesome trailer! Awesome clap-clap-clap!
    Still a good action movie. Would have been better if they did not have the infected be dead and called zombies but still great action.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    lol. Check this out
    b w a a a s !
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Is the "Honest Trailer" for WWZ particularly spoilery? Not sure if I want to wait until I've seen the flick itself or not, but at the same time I'm not desperate in any way, shape, or form to see the WWZ movie.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Is the "Honest Trailer" for WWZ particularly spoilery? Not sure if I want to wait until I've seen the flick itself or not, but at the same time I'm not desperate in any way, shape, or form to see the WWZ movie.
    I was going to say its not spoilery but on second thought it does give away a few plot points.
    It is very very funny though
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    b w a a a s !

Great in Inception, silly copycatting everywhere else - from spine tingling to cliche in record time.

Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I was going to say its not spoilery but on second thought it does give away a few plot points.
    It is very very funny though
    I gave it a watch - I wasn't fussed about seeing the movie, so I wasn't fussed about spoilers for it in the end - a damn funny Honest Trailer. Yeesh, it certainly looks like a big old missed opportunity. I'll lumber around to seeing it sometime...

Undisclosed
    I never got around to seeing it in the theater though I did purchase it on Blu-ray on it's release day. I really enjoyed it!! I watched it two days in a row and then again one week later. I'm still enjoying it. Hell, just by reading these comments, I may go downstairs and watch it again!! Even though it was no Romero zed movie, it still had that certain "something" for me.

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by zomtom View Post
    I never got around to seeing it in the theater though I did purchase it on Blu-ray on it's release day. I really enjoyed it!! I watched it two days in a row and then again one week later. I'm still enjoying it. Hell, just by reading these comments, I may go downstairs and watch it again!! Even though it was no Romero zed movie, it still had that certain "something" for me.
    I agree , i really enjoyed it too
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

Dying

United States
    When I watched the movie, I actually did a play-by-play. I went over it today and vividly remembered the flick just from this half-assed play-by-play.

http://sweetfunkyfreedom.blogspot.co...y-by-play.html

Anyone catch that South Park episode, World War Zimmerman? That shit was pretty gold. So is that trailer a few posts up.
    Last edited by JonOfTheShred; 19-Oct-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: what is your reason for requiring a reason?

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah I watched that episode of South Park ("World War Zimmerman") - a pretty good episode, even though I've still not seen WWZ. As an aside, these three new episodes of SP have all been good - I think the break and a shake-up in how the writer's room works has helped things out.

Fresh Meat

Australia
    Now I watched I'm glad it has nothing to do with the excellent book its got the same title as. So please educate me as the movie use the term undead-so they run -sense if your terminal and are attracted to sound (but in the case of Jerusalem-its subjective-as a loudspeaker beats incoming airliners and circling helicopters)so is that "undead"?

Did Brad say something about a sentient virus? maybe the special edition explains it all as it stands one of the stupidest movies I have seen in the genre, its so clear the third act "Brad in research center that has a zombie ward" is some add on -its out of place with the "epic" scale of the movie.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 28-Oct-2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Spoiler Tags added.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    As a huge fan of the book I was dreading the idea of it being made into a film adaptation. I knew Hollywood would do something to completely ruin Brooks' masterpiece as well. Needless to say...I was absolutely right. This movie was basically I Am Legend 2.0. The zombie is essentially the easiest, least expensive monster you could produce in a film. Why one earth these morons still insist on using CGI is absolutely beyond me! All I know is that it kills the film entirely and completely takes away from an fear factor that a zombie is supposed to have! It's bad enough that they run, but they were also spear-tackling people like NFL linebackers. Completely idiotic waste of time...
    Last edited by SeekNDestroy82; 08-Nov-2013 at 01:09 AM. Reason: typo

England
    I have a copy of this to watch tonight with some beers, some junk food and my brain in a jar next to me, hopefully there will be something enjoyable in there...but I've set the bar very low...I certainly know it bears no relation to the excellent book.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

England
    Well, I watched it last night and it was actually "okay", some cool moments and some of the things I hated about the trailer that actually worked in the film.

Don't get me wrong, the film I watched wasn't WWZ, more like "Attack of the 28 days later/Dawn 04 zombie infected thingies", but still, I did enjoy it to a certain degree (I liked the 28 days later musical nod during the Wales part as well)

So, not a waste of time at all, and I was pretty brutal about the trailer when I saw it. Liked the IDF chick as well, she was cool and capable without being some kind of "sexy/edgy love interest".

Oh did anybody think the infected zombie folks had an "autistic" feel about them? They didn't seem to be able to hold eye contact and acted really oddly IMO. I also enjoyed their "attack behaviour" absolutely focused with no sense of anything around them, trampling each other leaping off stupidly high buildings etc
    Last edited by Legion2213; 09-Nov-2013 at 05:44 PM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon