Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Z (film)

Fresh Meat

Aaland

Facebook Group

I made a facebook group in disgust of the new film's PG-13 choice.
    If we get a lot of people maybe they will hault the pg-13 choice?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...81728745209081

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiez View Post
    I made a facebook group in disgust of the new film's PG-13 choice.
    If we get a lot of people maybe they will hault the pg-13 choice?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...81728745209081
    You'd be better off without the expletive in its title I'm sure!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Hahahahaha... oh Neil...

England
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Except Silent Hill was most definitely Rated R
    Yeah, some pretty nasty stuff in Silent Hill
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

England
    Uh Oh

Based on the best-selling novel by Max Brooks, " 'World War Z' follows United Nations employee Gerry Lane (Brad Pitt) as he tries to stop a global Zombie pandemic. With armies crumbling and governments rendered useless, Gerry must head out into a hellish and gruesome new world to find allies in his cause. In each country he visits, he learns new information about the origin and habits of the Zombies (or Zs as they're now called) and begins to build a plan to destroy them. Throughout his odyssey, Gerry longs to be reunited with his wife and children. But there's something he has to do first... Save the human race
    http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/24711
    Last edited by kidgloves; 25-May-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Get rid ffs
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

United States
    I got no words.

/disbelieve

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    "'World War Z' follows United Nations employee Gerry Lane (Brad Pitt) as he tries to stop a global Zombie pandemic." - Huh? Is that true to the book?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Nope.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Nope.
    Oh! Dear! Didn't think it sounded familiar...
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Not even close. He travels the world cataloging stories from survivors of the zombie outbreak. Looks like they have gone the route everyone who has read the book feared.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Dying

United States
    Nope.
    It's exactly how it happened in the book. You read it wrong.

Next you're going to tell us that you didn't understand the part where the zombie tyrannosaur ran around peeing on Jeeps while the alien overlords did the hand jive. Sheesh.

United States
    holy crap that sounds terrible. if that's the route they take, i definitely won't be seeing this in theaters...or maybe at all. that just pisses all over the book if you ask me.

Super Moderator

United States
    Oh, it could be an okay film, even good still, but it's a sign they are considering veering further away from the book and that's a bad bad sign. As a means to showcase a lot of the vignettes in the book, without flashbacks or the whole media res aspect of the book, it's a fine tool, but obviously more hollywood and more star-vehicle oriented.

I sense someone will be using a homophobic slur over the next page or two, but I hope I'm wrong.

United States
    I sense someone will be using a homophobic slur over the next page or two, but I hope I'm wrong.
    Oh man. . . .that is so jocund!! How merry!! This is incredibly festive!!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    holy crap that sounds terrible. if that's the route they take, i definitely won't be seeing this in theaters...or maybe at all. that just pisses all over the book if you ask me.