Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Z (film)

United States
    So it's probably a good thing I haven't read the book then. I guess I can go see the movie if/when it comes out, then eventually get ahold of the book and compare/see how much they raped the book's corpse.
    I used to work with a guy that lent me cool books to read, especially a buttload of serial killer ones. Now everybody I work with brings a bible, and that's about all they read since all they do is quote from it. I need to hook up with someone who reads this stuff as I'm a bit tight in the wallet to buy them. Then I can borrow them, lol. I won't even crack the spine as I read it, a habit I employ anyway always.
    Also, I've been kind of leery of zombie fiction always, dunno why. Maybe I should try it, but where to start?
    Anyway, done rambling.

Super Moderator

UK
    Ugh ... is it so hard to stay true to the plot of the book?

I take it this PG-13 nonsense will also be going ahead ... which is such crap, especially in light of The Walking Dead having the *ahem* guts *cough* to show the necessary grue. You can't prettify a zombie outbreak. Zombie outbreaks by their very nature involve bloodletting, and zombies by their very nature involve being shot in the ruddy head to put them down for good - and furthermore - they like to feast on the flesh of the living. Yeah, sounds right up the Twighlight Tweens' back alley.

UK
    This sounds like it's gong to have as much to do with the book as Dawn 04 does with Romero's original - just cashing in on the name. Of course say what you like about Dawn 04 but at least they didn't try to sanitize it with regards to the blood and guts.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    This sounds like it's gong to have as much to do with the book as Dawn 04 does with Romero's original - just cashing in on the name. Of course say what you like about Dawn 04 but at least they didn't try to sanitize it with regards to the blood and guts.

Get ready to drop your jaws folks, but that's something that I actually like about Yawn04 ... I still think the movie's utter shit, but the gore was solid.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Get ready to drop your jaws folks, but that's something that I actually like about Yawn04...the gore was solid.

It's finally happened!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Brad Pitt? I can't stand Brad Pitt. Yuck. What do we want to bet his "wife" is played by Angelina Jolie (another, ahem, 'actress' I could care less about)? PG-13 doesn't bug me, Brad Pitt on the other hand -- no thanks. No interest. Next please.

j.p.
    Last edited by JDFP; 26-May-2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: yes
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Chasing Prey

Canada
    how can a movie about the end of the world be pg 13? its like the left behind series about the rapture, it needed to be rated R just for the simple fact people wouldnt be running around as calm as they were.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Get ready to drop your jaws folks, but that's something that I actually like about Yawn04 ... I still think the movie's utter shit, but the gore was solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post

It's finally happened!

The real MZ got Raptured outta here. Satan replaced him with one of these:

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    how can a movie about the end of the world be pg 13?
    I think it basically comes down to Paramount, with something like this you either do full-force warts and all, or you don't bother. Quite simply it's Paramounts complete and utter lack of faith in the project that's lead to this compromise, play-it-safe script.

Fingers crossed for the reboot!

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    I think it basically comes down to Paramount, with something like this you either do full-force warts and all, or you don't bother. Quite simply it's Paramounts complete and utter lack of faith in the project that's lead to this compromise, play-it-safe script.

Fingers crossed for the reboot!

paramount has green lit some raunchy films......so idk why they wanna neuter the zombie genre

United States
    yeah the more i think about it, it's starting to really look like:

pg-13 rating + brad pitt + messing up main plot of book = horrible film adaptation of a great book.

United States
    how can a movie about the end of the world be pg 13? its like the left behind series about the rapture, it needed to be rated R just for the simple fact people wouldnt be running around as calm as they were.
    I know, right?
    I saw a prank on some chick that was deep into the Left Behind series, which I've unfortunately read by the way. When she thought she was... wait for it... LEFT BEHIND... she totally freaked out. If they wouldn't have caught her, what kind of crazy shit would she have done? Drown her babies in the tub?
    See? This is why I hate people who predict the end. It tends to bring out the crazies who would've just been content to daydream the death of the world, not kill their loved ones to save them.
    Either way, I will see the movie for the hopeful gore, or lambast it with snorts of derisiveness when it fails horribly...
    Last edited by rongravy; 27-May-2011 at 06:39 AM. Reason: i'm a shitty speller?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    how can a movie about the end of the world be pg 13?
    Roland Emmerich.

Administrator

England
    Wow! Coincidence!

Got some friends over tonight from a town south of us call Tunbridge Wells.

In the middle of the even one of them said, "Hey! Brad Pitt is going to be filming in Tunbridge Wells!"

To which I said, "Not, World War Z?"

"Yes! How did you know!"

http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/news/Pit...l/article.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Dying

United States
    I hope he enjoys his stay here and, if possible, could make himself known to some people so that they can enjoy his company," she said.
    Is it just me, or does it sound like she's asking Brad Pitt to be a prostitute?

I mean an actual hooker, by the way, not the whoring that his career path has done.