Thread: Resident Evil "Revival Selection"

United States

Resident Evil "Revival Selection"

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1157169p1.html

so capcom is once again releasing RE4 and RE:CV, this time as a bundle apparently, on the PS3 and 360. supposedly, they are upgrading the graphics, but not much else has been revealed. so far, apparently, the only region of release is japan, but i'm sure that will change soon enough.

so, RE4 has been on the GC, PS2, wii, and now the 360. RE: CV (which i played but never finished) has been on the DC and PS2....even with achievements included, i can't say i'm hyped for this release at all, as i've already owned RE4 on 2 of those systems. in fact, i've not even got around to playing it on the wii yet, still want to go through 2 & 3 again first.

in my opinion, the RE series is in serious need of a REdirection or REboot, perhaps even a REmake of part 2 on current gen systems, as has been rumored in the past. take the series back to its roots: creepy atmosphere, limited ammo, more spooky night-time settings. oh, and allow us to shoot and move at the same time, please....fuck all this action-mayhem, explosions, infected dudes with tentacle heads, boulder-punching, etc....

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    repackaging the same game for a 3rd or 4th time?

Ah, there going for the ocarina of time style brand milking eh?

United States
    I'd be happy with RE4 on 360, what with the unfortunate mishap that mishappened to make me knock my Gamecube off the dresser awhile back. Been jonesin' ever since, and don't wanna buy another GC. My favorite game of all time, one of them at least.
    As far as CV, I had it on PS2 and it was good for the time, but I'd like to see all the originals redone up to 4-5's snuff. On 360'd be even better. Just don't make the controls too difficult for me. They could make like a "geezer" mode where the controls are like the original games were. There are too many doohickies on the controls now, you just about have to use all of your fingers.
    More zombies, no aliens. I wanna see Nemesis in all his glory, among others. Redo 1-3, then break out a new one somewhere down the road.
    Boom.

United States
    Seems they're coming this Fall as downloadable games:

CAPCOM BRINGS THE AWARD-WINNING RESIDENT EVIL® 4 AND RESIDENT EVIL CODE: VERONICA® X INTO THE HD ERA

San Mateo, CA — March 24, 2011 — To kick off the 15th anniversary of Resident Evil®, Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games today announced that the highly acclaimed Resident Evil® 4 and Resident Evil Code: Veronica® X will be released as downloadable titles for the Xbox 360®video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Scheduled for release this fall, both titles have been enhanced with upgraded visuals as they make their debut on high-definition consoles.

Resident Evil 4 , which received numerous “Game of the Year” awards when it debuted and currently stands as one of the best-reviewed games of all time with an incredible 96 ranking on MetaCritic, challenges you to experience it all over again with support for trophies and achievements along with the visual upgrades.

As Leon Kennedy, players will explore a town overrun by cultists, mutants and mind-controlled villagers as they unravel the mystery of Resident Evil 4. Also, this release will contain all the bonus content available in previous versions of Resident Evil 4, including the Separate Ways epilogue.

In Resident Evil Code: Veronica X, the year is 1998, three months since the total destruction of Raccoon City and Claire Redfield is still in search of her missing brother Chris. While investigating an Umbrella facility in Paris, Claire is captured and transported to the remote Rockfort Island, where she awaits her death.

Then an inexplicable air raid hits the island, and though this frees Claire, it also accidentally releases t-virus samples and B.O.W.s, which thrust Claire back into the world of survival horror once again. Claire teams up with a fellow inmate Steve Burnside, but insane island commander Alfred Ashford and his evil sister Alexia set their sights on ending the duo with their sick and demented games.

The Resident Evil franchise, which pioneered the horror genre in video games, has sold over 45 million units since 1996 and spawned a series of successful motion pictures that have grossed over $750 million worldwide. The Resident Evil brand has also expanded into action figures, comic books, novels, apparel, beverages and more. As part of the 15th anniversary, Resident Evil fans will get a chance to celebrate the past, present and future of the franchise with exclusive apparel and merchandise, in addition to games like Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Code: Veronica X, Resident Evil®: The Mercenaries, Resident Evil®: Revelations and other surprises.
    Even though the Capcom's milking of RE is getting ridiculous, I'll probably download these.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 24-Mar-2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: a

United States
    from the screens i've seen of this "HD upgrade" or whatever term they are applying to this port, i'm not impressed.

most likely will be sitting this one out. remake the classic RE titles from the PSX days, then we'll talk about me shelling out more $$$ to replay games i already own on other systems.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah it looks high res but the models are not improved, the villagers are still jaggied up with pointed shoulders and cone faces.

Still i may grab 4 off the psn (im using my xbox less and less) if its cheap. But if its another example of selling an old game at the same price as brand new games again they can shove it. Eventually you gotta say no to these models of corporate thinking or they will just shit out games as long as there back catalogue still gives them a good revenue.

Case in point squareenix.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Every time I see this thread, THIS song pops in my head:

United States
    well, i've decided i'm downloading RE4 once they release it to XBLA next week. i tried playing it on the wii recently but wasn't a fan of the controls. been jonesing to replay this lately.

-- -------- Post added 20-Sep-2011 at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was 14-Sep-2011 at 09:59 PM ----------

3.3gb, downloaded it this morning. looks damn impressive, way better than the wii version (though i've read some reviews that have said they could hardly tell the difference....wtf they're smoking, i don't know). the controls and feel take some getting used to, but you can change to a control type that is more similar to modern games. i'm pretty stoked to be able to play this on a controller that i'm comfortable with and score some easy achievements.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 15-Sep-2011 at 03:01 AM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    - and score some easy achievements.
    wow, thats the first time ive heard anyone mention achievements as a goal with games for probably a year. seriously.