Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't believe we're still six months off from the new series...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    The first season of TWD was actually released faster than most AMC shows. Generally they don't release the previous season on DVD until just before the premiere of the new season. So in that case.....you probably have one and half to two years wait.
    Hmmm, that makes me ponder yet further that there may be a "special edition" release of the box set before the 2nd season rolls around later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The Buck Rogers parody? Classic!
    Aye that's the hammer. A classic indeed.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Hmmm, that makes me ponder yet further that there may be a "special edition" release of the box set before the 2nd season rolls around later this year.
    That's the word on the skreet. They released the bare bones edition as quick as possible because it was only six episodes and to cash in on the show's enormous success, while the real meaty edition will be released before Season Two. With six months to go, hopefully we'll get some sort of confirmation on that. I will be seriously disappointed if they don't. All of AMC's other shows get multiple commentaries per episode, thorough documentaries, the whole works. And I've really enjoyed Darabon't past commentaries, so fingers crossed.
    Last edited by bassman; 20-Apr-2011 at 06:21 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    That's the word on the skreet. They released the bare bones edition as quick as possible because it was only six episodes and to cash in on the show's enormous success, while the real meaty edition will be released before Season Two. With six months to go, hopefully we'll get some sort of confirmation on that. I will be seriously disappointed if they don't. All of AMC's other shows get multiple commentaries per episode, thorough documentaries, the whole works. And I've really enjoyed Darabon't past commentaries, so fingers crossed.
    I'm certainly hoping so! *fingers crossed* Because that I will buy.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    hehe, I recall a double episode of South Park where Eric couldn't wait a couple of weeks for the new Nintendo Wii, so he froze himself, but he woke up in the future instead - and when he got back to South Park, it ended up being a longer wait for him.
    Oh yeah I remember that one, it was a good episode. The one I don't think I'll ever forget is, I think like where Stan's father has to take a big shit, and they compare it to Bono's or something? And then you got the one where Cartman's hating ginger kids and goes psycho Hitler.

The first season of TWD was actually released faster than most AMC shows. Generally they don't release the previous season on DVD until just before the premiere of the new season. So in that case.....you probably have one and half to two years wait.
    Awwwww hell no! Don't even talk like that. I hope your joking, and if you are that's cruel bro. Your fucking with me right? 2 years? Not even!
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

United States
    I just still can't believe there's a zombie TV series.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jded View Post
    Awwwww hell no! Don't even talk like that. I hope your joking, and if you are that's cruel bro. Your fucking with me right? 2 years? Not even!
    I'm afraid im not. Assuming they stick to the usual schedule, Season Three will start sometime around Halloween 2012, so you can expect the Season Two dvd set around that time as well. About 1.5 years from now...

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BOBSMITH View Post
    It is a great thing. Something we've talked and dreamed about around here for years. Of course Dead Set came before, but I think TWD is more in line with what most of us Romero fans wanted.
    Last edited by bassman; 21-Apr-2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBSMITH View Post
    Indeed!!!

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/films/tv/main.html

^^ Would love to know what tripped this/these up!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    It is a great thing. Something we've talked and dreamed about around here for years. Of course Dead Set came before, but I think TWD is more in line with what most of us Romero fans wanted.
    I enjoyed Dead Set, but it was just like a long movie done in episodic form. It was an interesting idea, and it had some really cool moments - but it had runners in it, the camera shaked all over the place, it was too dark sometimes, and the director had absolutely zero interest in zombie films (as I was disappointed to find out on the DVD extras). It was still a good show/tv movie, with a good central idea from writer Charlie Brooker, but it was certainly not perfect.

The Walking Dead, on the other hand, is exactly what I was after in terms of a televised zombie apocalypse - with shamblers no less ... or, indeed, "Hinzman Hobblers".

Australia
    6 months is way too long to wait. I want it back NOW!
    zombies
    eat flesh.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It could have been longer than one year. The new seasons of both Breaking Bad and Mad Men have been pushed back by several months. Hell....I think Mad Men was pushed all the way back to next year when it should have started this summer/fall?
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Apr-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    I'm old. Six months will go by in a blink of an eye so I'm not worrying. Brought TWD blu ray to camp with me this weekend. The weather sucked so I watched it all in one sitting. I think I've watched the full season about six times already. I need to get a life!! If anything, in six months, I'll have the first season entirely memorized.