Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't believe we're still six months off from the new series...

Administrator

England

Can't believe we're still six months off from the new series...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It actually seems kinda soon to me. In fact, it seems like just yesterday we were watching the premiere of "TS-19" and now we're half way to the next season...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It actually seems kinda soon to me. In fact, it seems like just yesterday we were watching the premiere of "TS-19" and now we're half way to the next season...
    Damn your optimism! I'm going to sulk about it! So there!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Damn your optimism! I'm going to sulk about it! So there!
    Here's an idea - you could re-watch the first season, like I did just this week.

Absorbed it all over again over three days and loved it all over again. Speaking of TS-19 - man, that's one hell of a heavy episode, but heavy in a good way. There's some dark shit going on in that episode, but it's also mighty impressive in its execution ... the last 20 minutes of that episode had chills running all over my body yet again. Awesome stuff.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Here's an idea - you could re-watch the first season, like I did just this week.

Absorbed it all over again over three days and loved it all over again. Speaking of TS-19 - man, that's one hell of a heavy episode, but heavy in a good way. There's some dark shit going on in that episode, but it's also mighty impressive in its execution ... the last 20 minutes of that episode had chills running all over my body yet again. Awesome stuff.
    Oh, I'll do that leading upto the next series... So in about SIX MONTHS TIME

I liked TS-19 too! Strange how some folks really didn't!? If only that final scene had more living dead in it, to show the ever present threat!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I think we'll make it another 6 months to watch it unless of course there's a thermonuclear war or zombie apocalypse or global pandemic or something entertaining along these lines.

I think Halloween evening is the PERFECT time to start the new season. A special back-to-back two hour premiere would be excellent for celebrating Halloween as well. Personally, I think Halloween night every year is the best time to begin each consecutive season so we have something extra special to look forward to on my favorite holiday of the year.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think Episode 1 2 & 6 are the best of the show. 5 is great for the moment between the sisters, but the other episodes are crap.

I want to see Darabonts extended cut of Episode #1, apparently he filmed a feature length version running between 90 and 120 minutes.

TS-19 is a great episode, it works... I actually rank it #2, with Epi #1 being the best of the show.

I will probably do another marathon of my Blu-Ray very soon.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I think Episode 1 2 & 6 are the best of the show. 5 is great for the moment between the sisters, but the other episodes are crap.
    All of episode 5 was a high point for me. The sisters and then the "on the road again" sequence was great. Definitely one of the top three.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    All of episode 5 was a high point for me. The sisters and then the "on the road again" sequence was great. Definitely one of the top three.
    Agreed.

I think I'd place episode 5 as my favourite episode outside of the season opener, with episode 6 coming close after #5. The scene where they head out (accompanied by music from the movie Sunshine) just gives me chills thinking about it, but when actually watching it, it's like my skin is nothing but electricity ... and then when they get to the CDC and Rick is completely desperate - bloody nora! Plus, naturally, all the stuff with Andrea & Amy (including that bit at the end of episode 4) is just phenomenal.

Administrator

England
    I want to see Darabonts extended cut of Episode #1, apparently he filmed a feature length version running between 90 and 120 minutes.
    That sounds interesting?! I assume no mention of such a thing on the BluRay? Obvious place for it!

but the other episodes are crap.
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Extended Cut of episode one? That's got "special edition DVD/BR" written all over it, which is why I won't be buying the boxset in May - I'd not be in the slightest bit surprised if they did a Double Dip on us in the run-up to Season 2.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 19-Apr-2011 at 05:32 PM.

United States
    Uauuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuughhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Why does it feel so freaking long?

The first season was here in a flash it felt like I swear! And I'm talking DVD. Cuz I don't have cable.
    I wish they could put me in a coma, wake me up when it arrives.
    It's like I'm a kid all over again belted up in the backseat of the family car. "Mom... Dad... Are we there yet?"
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by jded View Post
    Uauuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuughhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Why does it feel so freaking long?

The first season was here in a flash it felt like I swear! And I'm talking DVD. Cuz I don't have cable.
    I wish they could put me in a coma, wake me up when it arrives.
    It's like I'm a kid all over again belted up in the backseat of the family car. "Mom... Dad... Are we there yet?"
    hehe, I recall a double episode of South Park where Eric couldn't wait a couple of weeks for the new Nintendo Wii, so he froze himself, but he woke up in the future instead - and when he got back to South Park, it ended up being a longer wait for him.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    hehe, I recall a double episode of South Park where Eric couldn't wait a couple of weeks for the new Nintendo Wii, so he froze himself, but he woke up in the future instead - and when he got back to South Park, it ended up being a longer wait for him.
    The Buck Rogers parody? Classic!
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jded View Post
    The first season was here in a flash it felt like I swear! And I'm talking DVD.
    The first season of TWD was actually released faster than most AMC shows. Generally they don't release the previous season on DVD until just before the premiere of the new season. So in that case.....you probably have one and half to two years wait.