Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insidious

United States
    Just saw it last night as part of my Second Annual Horror Marathon for Halloween. It had an interesting premise and some of the acting was better than most horror-fare, overall I think it was ruined by showing entirely too much instead of letting it rest in the imagination of people for the "demon".

2.5/5

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, not too sure why so many people I talk to go berzerk over this movie. I thought the first like 17-20 minutes were awesome. I was sitting there thinking it looked super promising and a throw back to some 70's/80's ghost flicks. But then it turned into... well, disappointing and cheesy. It seemed like they were trying to do what Poltergeist would have been had they shown the journey through the "other world". Also, seeing the ghosts made them less creepy. Especially since they were pretty much corny looking dudes you'd see at a haunted house attraction or a Type O Negative concert.

United States
    Did the demon remind anyone of something from Star Wars or was that just me?

Ultimately I love Insidious... a few things made me crazy about it like the way the volume of the film was used to add some 'eeeeke' moments for those who flinch at loud noises but I enjoyed the premise of the show. The idea of 'the further' and traveling beyond your body through your mind because (and this is just my personal feelings here) I very much believe that is possible (like people on operating room tables etc) and then you get into the whole belief that demons can occupy people and yeah I mean the movie had some cogent new ideas. I thought it went a little kookey towards the end and I could've lived without some of that stuff for sure but where the movie was good it was great where and that was the majority of it. I also loved that they pulled Barbara Hershey from the grave to appear in it because she's kind of epic after her movie The Entity and I loved the guys specs and whatever and the lady from Kingpin did a great job. Good film... totally two thumbs up on this one even despite the brief bad part.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Undisclosed
    I tried to watch the movie but I just couldn't get the scene from Kingpin out of my head every time I saw that ghost hunter lady.