Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWD - Merle season2 spoiler...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Ehhh...Merle doesn't seem quite as...prone to reason as his brother...
    I dunno. He started to pray quickly when he thought his card was up. To be such a tough guy slinging racist slurs, he was fast to give in to a helping hand...

pun intended
    Last edited by bassman; 26-Apr-2011 at 06:15 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Speak for yourself, Moon, I wouldn't ever want to be like any of those people, you yo-yo chocolate man!

j.p.
    Hence the roll eyes & lol smileys. (But believe it or not, these guys HAVE been defended in the past, in pretty much the same fashion. )

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I dunno. He started to pray quickly when he thought his card was up. To be such a tough guy slinging racist slurs, he was fast to give in to a helping hand...

pun intended
    Yeah, lot of folks start prayin' to Jesus when they think their number is up. Note he was also quick to turn on Him & say " I'll do it myself!"

Undisclosed
    I hope he comes back long enough for me to hate him all over again before getting his inevitable horse treatment by a full-on swarm of dumb-fucks, er I mean walkers.
    You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I love that people get so angry about this character throwing around "the N word" and being a douchebag, while there have been the same types of characters in every movie of Romero's trilogy. "Spick" and even "chocolate man" are thrown around, ffs.

Anyway.....when they bring Merle back, who knows how he'll be? Maybe he'll turn around like his brother and become an ally to the group? Daryl was a hot-headed bastard at first, but became valuable to the group and quite the badass.
    In my opinion it's not Merle's racism that is the problem, and a few slurs thrown around isn't a deal-breaker. The man was a danger to the group, pure and simple. He was perfectly fine with endangering the group to satisfy his prejudices. Daryl didn't do that. For all his hotheaded aggressive behavior I never felt Daryl was going to sacrifice the safey of the group.

As to why I think they won't bring him back for a one-and-done thing... the writers have shown a serious predelication for dragging out plot points, especially where character storyline evolution is concerned. If they bring him back and kill him in one episode I will be very pleasantly surprised.
    Last edited by Trin; 27-Apr-2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: ...and this is my other brother Merle
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    As to why I think they won't bring him back for a one-and-done thing... the writers have shown a serious predelication for dragging out plot points, especially where character storyline evolution is concerned. If they bring him back and kill him in one episode I will be very pleasantly surprised.
    Fair enough. I actually considered he could be a recurring villian. If so I only hope it's a 2-3 episode arc & not a TRUE recurring thing. That would get old/kinda silly after too long.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchified View Post
    Only if its two zombies driving the General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard.
    More than likely, it'll be a black zombie.

Oh...the irony!
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....